Sign in to follow this  
jon b

MILVIZ leaves P3D enthusiast market

On 1/25/2022 at 10:16 AM, micstatic said:

Yes!  You nailed it.  This is literally the worst part of MSFS.  If it would just get to the finish line I would probably use it more and then not care the devs all followed it over. 

What finish line???  MSFS doesn't seem to have a "finish line".   Further, every time they move the goalposts something breaks and what was once flyable is no longer.  That's my fear of buying a study level sim from PMDG for MSFS.  One day it works, next day it's a $100 plus door stop. 

After seeing what has been done with ZIBO, and with the additons of FENIX B747-200, the new HotStart CL650, which is the BEST, most realistic sim add on available on the market, and with FENIX's A320 on the horizon, X Plane may take over for the study level market. I haven't touched P3D in over two months.  Same for MSFS.  I never thought I would say this, but I am eagerly waiting XP12. 

Rich Boll

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

2 hours ago, richjb2 said:

After seeing what has been done with ZIBO, and with the additons of FENIX B747-200, the new HotStart CL650, which is the BEST, most realistic sim add on available on the market, and with FENIX's A320 on the horizon, X Plane may take over for the study level market. I haven't touched P3D in over two months.  Same for MSFS.  I never thought I would say this, but I am eagerly waiting XP12. 

Rich Boll

You meant the Felis B747-200, right? And further  the FENIX A320 is for MSFS, no plans for XP.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-10900KF @5.2Ghz HT off | Cooler: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX3090 OC | MoBo: ASUS Maximus XII Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR4 @3600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 970EVO Plus (Win10), 1Tb Samsung M.2 970EVO Plus (MSFS), | Case: Fractal Design Torrent | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic, AIG

The problem with XP is (personal taste...) that yellowish "tint" in the graphics.

PS: sorry for OT.

• Like 1

4790K - GTX1070 - 16GB DDR3 - 2TB SSD - Sennheiser GSX1000 - Aircooling - Windows 10 Pro - 1440p Ultrawide - Prepar3D 5.x

48 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

You meant the Felis B747-200, right? And further  the FENIX A320 is for MSFS, no plans for XP.

yes... I stand corrected!

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

3 hours ago, richjb2 said:

That's my fear of buying a study level sim from PMDG for MSFS.  One day it works, next day it's a $100 plus door stop. 

Well, I have had the PMDG DC-6 since June and she still flies beautifully after, I guess, 4 sim and world scenery updates. I respect fellow simmers who don't want to switch to MSFS but at least it should be for good reasons.

BTW it is the case for the five other quality payware I have.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MFS Standard version with Steam

17 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Well, I have had the PMDG DC-6 since June and she still flies beautifully after, I guess, 4 sim and world scenery updates. I respect fellow simmers who don't want to switch to MSFS but at least it should be for good reasons.

BTW it is the case for the five other quality payware I have.

Is cost good enough?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

20 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Is cost good enough?

I paid about 55 EUR for the DC-6 as I recall.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MFS Standard version with Steam

I bought the DC-6 and was only able to fly it for 3 days before sim update 5 broke it... With all the tweaking of settings after that and reading posts from other users, I decided this sim is not stable enough. Best to wait 1-2 years to see what happens.

Hopefully third parties will be able to tweak the sim to become similar to P3D one day if the xbox is dropped. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"They will still develop for the P3D commercial/ military market but these products will not be available to the enthusiast, but may in time get ported to MSFS"

Never did buy from a developer..."It's too difficult to develop for 2 or more sims at 1 time"

Something special (outside of $) with the military/commercial variants of P3D vs the version some run?

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 21H2-19044.1766/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4

On 1/25/2022 at 4:06 PM, Christopher Low said:

(...) when a major game server is switched off :wink::laugh:

Just wait for it. I keep all my FSX and P3D purchases in storage, you just never know...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X 4.8Ghz · RAM: 32GB GSkill 3800 16-18-18 · GPU: AMD RX6800XT · SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · Kioxia Exceria G2 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREESYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS · Windows 11

9 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

I bought the DC-6 and was only able to fly it for 3 days before sim update 5 broke it... With all the tweaking of settings after that and reading posts from other users, I decided this sim is not stable enough. Best to wait 1-2 years to see what happens.

Hopefully third parties will be able to tweak the sim to become similar to P3D one day if the xbox is dropped. 

To say that SU5 broke the 6 is to put it mildly an exaggeration. Cf. The PMDG forums at the said date. PMDG by the way moved swiftly to cure the minor glitches. 

Again, one is legitimate to prefer P3D over MSFS, there are pro and con I suppose, but there is no need to intoxicate one’s self and others with fantasies.

Dominique

So that's what you do?

Wait and see is the cure and no, i didn't prefer one over the other. I just wait and see.

41 minutes ago, Whenmaker said:

So that's what you do?

Wait and see is the cure and no, i didn't prefer one over the other. I just wait and see.

There is no need for a cure because it is not an illness 😉.  

• Like 1

Dominique

On 2/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, Dominique_K said:

To say that SU5 broke the 6 is to put it mildly an exaggeration. Cf. The PMDG forums at the said date. PMDG by the way moved swiftly to cure the minor glitches. 

Again, one is legitimate to prefer P3D over MSFS, there are pro and con I suppose, but there is no need to intoxicate one’s self and others with fantasies.

Unfortunately for me, it did break. I spent a long time tweaking and customizing MSFS and after sim update 5 was out, the graphics quality was no longer the same, i had bugs on the aircraft, and also frequent CTDs. These issues are known and I wasn't alone at the time. 

Sure PMDG released an update later on, MSFS did too. But not all of us have enough patience to deal with game breaking bugs every time an update is released when you just want to fly in the limited time you have coming home after work. The sim MSFS is not yet mature enough to operate tubeliners like we do in P3D, but might (and I hope it will) one day. Therefore, I see no reason for your "intoxicity" comment. 

P3D has some very annoying limitations too but at least for now it is possible to have a stable flight, and the addons are more complex. Let's see when PMDG releases their 737 and fenix their A320, then the real comparison can begin. 

Edited by Ikarus280
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, udidwht said:

"They will still develop for the P3D commercial/ military market but these products will not be available to the enthusiast, but may in time get ported to MSFS"

Never did buy from a developer..."It's too difficult to develop for 2 or more sims at 1 time"

Something special (outside of $) with the military/commercial variants of P3D vs the version some run?

Correct! Very special - and much easier to do - most and nearly all military users have a very limited range of aeroplanes they use. The manufacturers of these aeroplanes also provide the full motion simulators (the software to drive one is not that complex nor does it need to be that sophisticated or high end hardware wise). The desktop P3D would be driving systems familiarity and general procedural training, P3D then is linked to a partial motion simulator or mockup cockpit or a full motion sim (depends could be both or one or the other). The sim systems can communicate with the aeroplanes systems if required. So a scenario (note that term used by P3D all the time) is planned in detail, can be practised or worked through via the desktop and then uploaded into a real aeroplane (vehicle) and done for real. There might be some addon developers with the skills for that but by and large the people who make the aeroplane also have a big hand in doing the sim part. Now what else is it that LM make beside P3D? I can think of only two developers who would make the grade in that market and I have a hunch they already have an oar in the water there as subcontractors.