Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Rex Accuseasons - How is it?

3 minutes ago, Baptista said:

Mike T707, if you can, publish models of tropical South America continent, like the state of Amazonas here in Brazil. We are in the middle of summer. Grateful

Hi Baptista. Thanks for your request, but not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for some screenshots of Amazonas in Brazil? 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

38 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Is it compatible with Win11?
xxd09

Hi xxd09. Yes, it is compatible with Win 11.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 hours ago, Silicus said:

All season mods have still huge flaws and are only band aids. Not convincing at all, at least for me.Like many things, Asobo left stuff unfinished. Seasons not only change tree colors. Lawns might stay green, but natural grass just beside it, not cared for (wild grass) turns brown in winter, so does the rest of the ground, if not snow covered. Also not all trees turn brown during fall/winter. Conifers and such keep their colors, or at least a darker version. Nature is much more complex than what the current mods try to accomplish...

This is an addon for a flight simulator and within those limits it does a very good job, even recognising that there are conifers in this world.
Sir David Attenborough has produced an excellent series called the "Green Planet" that might better suit the depth of study into the vagaries of mother nature that you seem to expect.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Silicus said:

Nature is much more complex than what the current mods try to accomplish...

Thanks for clearing that up - I was under the misapprehension the mods were more complex than real life.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, Silicus said:

Also not all trees turn brown during fall/winter. Conifers and such keep their colors, or at least a darker version.

Hi Silicus. I agree, conifers do keep their colors during fall/winter and some of them darken as well. Here are some AccuSeason screenshots that depict this. These are all autumn and winter shots.

CoGSrho.jpg

O9QpVvu.jpg

Z0Zre3r.jpg

Ak1oW2g.jpg

ZCvyycQ.jpg

skSqp5Y.jpg

KdMn582.jpg

YhRnIEW.jpg

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

So the Minneapolis / Miami shots are what we expect to see on the same flight correct ? In other words there would be a smooth transition from one to the other ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

6 minutes ago, Maxis said:

So the Minneapolis / Miami shots are what we expect to see on the same flight correct ? In other words there would be a smooth transition from one to the other ?

In the same flight you would see Winter Deciduous trees in Minneapolis, so something that looks like this:

cqzWGJV.jpg

And in Miami, you would see green trees, palm trees, and other tropical trees/vegetation like this:

2GFeDzz.jpg

Right now most of the trees you will see on your way down to Miami would be the dormant-looking trees you see in the Minneapolis pic. That is because in January, most of the trees from Minneapolis on down to Miami are dormant. They do green up in Florida.

To illustrate the point that the seasons gradually transition on a weekly basis, if you were to fly, let's say in mid-October from Minneapolis, you would see something like this in Minneapolis:

gSuULe1.jpg

As you continued to fly south you would see vegetation that is not so far into autumn, so something like this:

Qd5iYkU.jpg

And then when you arrived in Miami, you would see this:

Sh0XIiV.jpg

Hope that helps. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Thanks for clearing that up - I was under the misapprehension the mods were more complex than real life.

You are welcome! What I was saying is that the real world is much more complex, than just turning trees brown during fall/winter, no need to turn my words into something stupid!

Developers should look a little more closely at details that nature provides. I am sure someone will eventually get it as close to reality as possible.

Edited by Silicus

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

3 minutes ago, hangar said:

Im liking that week to week transition thing, pretty neat stuff, Mike. 

Thanks Dave. The week to week transition, which is just one part of the application, is extremely comprehensive and took hundreds of hours to construct. It's not perfect because we have to work within MSFS codebase constraints, but it is a very good approximation and I have to say looks pretty darn good. Also, vegetation in Europe takes on colors a bit differently than in North America and those nuances show up in the AccuSeason app. Thanks again for the kind words.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

29 minutes ago, Silicus said:
2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You are welcome! What I was saying is that the real world is much more complex, than just turning trees brown during fall/winter, no need to turn my words into something stupid!

Developers should look a little more closely at details that nature provides. I am sure someone will eventually get it as close to reality as possible.

I find it quite bizarre that you don't think developers are looking closely at nature!  Every single day since flight simulation first started with a blue sky, brown ground and stick aircraft, developers have been refining what is possible with that eras hardware/software.  Today, as has been stated many times by developers, they are working within constraints of MSFS SDK and what hardware is capable of.

I have no doubt Bijan and REX would love to change everything down to the individual leaf, but they cannot produce something that needs hardware/software/SDK from 2032.  What they have achieved in the short time MSFS has been available is stunning, and each new advance they make is amazing.

• Like 13

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

The only thing I have to complain about is that the trees still have their leaves left in the middle of winter in the areas that are temporarily snow-free, at least in Scandinavia, and that all roads are covered with snow in the areas that are snow-covered, but it is the same problem with Bijan's mod, his snow mask makes no difference for me.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

What they have achieved in the short time MSFS has been available is stunning, and each new advance they make is amazing

That is your opinion, which is fine. I find the current iterations of seasons very lack luster. Each to their own. I am sure there is a market for it in the current state, but not for me. Having an opinion on half finished products is not bizarre, how you talk down to people is. Earned an ignore from me (first one in 13 years of avsim).

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.