Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Rex Accuseasons - How is it?

To anyone who has this add-on, how is it?  I'm looking for something that changes the foliage from KMSP to KMIA.  I read that the southern and northern hemisphere are covered but wondering is the in country foliage transition covered as you fly.  Thanks in advance for the feedback.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Dillon, I have this installed and am pretty happy with it. Basically it does what it says on the tin. I have not used the auto function, I simply click one of the specific seasons once I want to see it in the sim. The correct trees are shown in both the north and south hemisphere as they should look. Is country foliage transition covered as you fly? Not sure, but I would imagine so. All that REX has done, from what I can make out, is to replace the default foliage files with their own. So I guess however the sim itself calls up the relevent files will happen the same with the REX  files as it would with it's own default files.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

21 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Dillon, I have this installed and am pretty happy with it. Basically it does what it says on the tin. I have not used the auto function, I simply click one of the specific seasons once I want to see it in the sim. The correct trees are shown in both the north and south hemisphere as they should look. Is country foliage transition covered as you fly? Not sure, but I would imagine so. All that REX has done, from what I can make out, is to replace the default foliage files with their own. So I guess however the sim itself calls up the relevent files will happen the same with the REX  files as it would with it's own default files.

Thanks Howard.🍺  Here's the issue REX got around the global setting with foliage.  In the beginning you set tree texture and it changed everything in the sim both north and southern hemispheres.  Now have they cracked the code with Minnesota foliage versus Florida in January.  If they have I'll get this.

FS2020 

I have both this and the Bijan product.   AccuSeason is a lot more polished and, to my eye, the results look nicer.   Another advantage is that it gives you explicit control of the automation process so you can turn it on and off and even change the time it runs.   At the moment the Bijan product, if you chose automatic mode, is intended to install a scheduled task without informing you and gives you no simple way to control it.

Hopefully that will be added -- I've suggested it -- but if that matters to you it's something to be aware of.

The people's flag is deepest red.

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Thanks Howard.🍺  Here's the issue REX got around the global setting with foliage.  In the beginning you set tree texture and it changed everything in the sim both north and southern hemispheres.  Now have they cracked the code with Minnesota foliage versus Florida in January.  If they have I'll get this.

Hey Dillon, this is what they say... Seasons are represented globally, with the season in the northern hemisphere opposite of the season in the southern hemisphere. You can fly from New York in autumn and arrive in Buenos Aires with spring vegetation. Or fly out of Sydney in Australia’s winter and arrive in Seattle with summer vegetation.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I haven't flown in South FL for a while, but there was a slight issue there with foliage looking a little too brown in South Florida. I believe Rex are looking at that. It is obviously technically in the northern hemisphere, but also sub-tropical. Not going to be able to get to the sim for a day or two..

7 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hey Dillon, this is what they say... Seasons are represented globally, with the season in the northern hemisphere opposite of the season in the southern hemisphere. You can fly from New York in autumn and arrive in Buenos Aires with spring vegetation. Or fly out of Sydney in Australia’s winter and arrive in Seattle with summer vegetation.

Hey Howard, what I get out of that is north of the equator is one season and south of the equator is another (that's easy) not foliage changing in the same hemisphere from a cold climate (MN) to a warm one (Florida/Arizona).

FS2020 

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Hey Howard, what I get out of that is north of the equator is one season and south of the equator is another (that's easy) not foliage changing in the same hemisphere from a cold climate (MN) to a warm one (Florida/Arizona).

Hey Dillon. I just explained....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Good question, I'm also curious about this aspect. For example it's winter in New York, but what will it look like in southern California & south Florida?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

I have both this and the Bijan product.   AccuSeason is a lot more polished and, to my eye, the results look nicer.   Another advantage is that it gives you explicit control of the automation process so you can turn it on and off and even change the time it runs.   At the moment the Bijan product, if you chose automatic mode, is intended to install a scheduled task without informing you and gives you no simple way to control it.

Hopefully that will be added -- I've suggested it -- but if that matters to you it's something to be aware of.

Here what Bijans product has over REX :

1. Spring flower blossoms in all cities.
  2. Flower fields in many parts of the world, UK, Africa, Asia, Europe, USA
  3. More vareity of trees and colors in each season.
  4. Gradual transition of trees in different elevations.
  5. Customized trees in upper UK and Scottland areas - Removed/reduced all vegetation from higher elevations.
  6. Photogrammetry trees removal from cities (ongoing project)
  7. Terrain Mask
  8. Snow mask so roads and runways can be cleared of snow in winter.  
  9. Multi ecosystem in the same area which is only doable with SDK, resulting in a variety of trees in the same area and creating lush forests, smooth transition.
  10. 60 fall color sets with much more variety of colors instead of 3 preset ones.
  11. Live correction of fall tree colors by using live cam available in several countries.
  12. 3d leafless winter trees in several cities
  13. 3d Joshua trees in Joshua National Park
  14. 3d Pinus Sylvestris trees
  15. 3d Blood Dragon trees
  16. 3d Plumeria trees in Honolulu, Hawaii
  17. 3d Rhododendron trees
  18. 3d baobab trees
  19. 3d bamboo trees
  20. 3d banana trees
  21. Florida Mangrove trees
  22. Black Forest in Germany
  23. Black Forest in Colorado
  24. Custom fall trees in the Rocky Mountains.
  25. Customized fall season in Florida to remove fall colored trees. 
  26. Famous Hills in China by Li River
  27. Rocky cliff islands and in China
  28. Manually corrected vegetation in 1000's regions which cannot be fixed by only using biomes. 
  29. Cleared trees in 100's of runways.
  30. Accepting changes by user's request.
  31. Adding exclusions to work with 3rd party airports.
  32. Instant support and frequent updates

• Like 7

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here what Bijans product has over REX :

That's nice, but cutting and pasting marketing material about one product when someone asks about another isn't exactly helpful.    I could also go cut and paste stuff from REX's marketing material (half a dozen new biomes, multiple canopy shapes, multiple color tones, and so on), but that's superficial noise that anyone being an informed consumer can easily determine for themselves.

Do you have any feedback on Accuseason that you can give @Dillon to help answer their question?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

The people's flag is deepest red.

4 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

That's nice, but cutting and pasting marketing material about one product when someone asks about another isn't exactly helpful.    I could also go cut and paste stuff from REX's marketing material (half a dozen new biomes, multiple canopy shapes, multiple color tones, and so on), but that's superficial noise that anyone being an informed consumer can easily determine for themselves.

Do you have any feedback on Accuseason that you can give @Dillon to help answer their question?

Just showing him that there is more than Accusim. Perhaps he did not know about it.

Accusim looks more polished because of the GUI but in total there is more with 4 Seasons.

Now he knows he can compare and make his choice…

• Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

34 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Jeez I give up...

I totally understand what you saying above.  Basically if your seeing brown foliage in the south means the add-on is changing all the trees much like what our freeware options are for foliage.  Threre's nothing that can be done about that if Asobo hasn't updated how foliage is covered in the sim.  Looks like an update has been made concerning the hemispheres (north and south of the equator). My question is has that been addressed in the same hemisphere and from the sounds of what your describing it hasn't.  There's nothing REX can do about that and not sure why their saying they will look into it.  Again Asobo may have done something with an update which I'm not sure about at this time.

FS2020