Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Need help with msfs crash

Good day

Since i ve updated msfs with last révision, i am not able to fly with msfs. Able to fly with p3d .

I used the last driver gpu NVIDIA, ctd, just before the last driver ctd, reset my bios, same, thought the problèm was CPU or GPU throlling, si i limited pl1 and pl2 @180W/185W idem ctd, try without community folder, idem. 

i explored all my ressources without be able to solve these crash.

Crash come sometime during loading game, sometime at Gate and during Flight as today 5 minutes After TO.

CPU 12900k, ddr4 and rtx3090

medium settings use in game, GPU load goes to 100% if i don't limite FPS to 30!!

thanks for your help

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud

3 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Good day

Since i ve updated msfs with last révision, i am not able to fly with msfs. Able to fly with p3d .

I used the last driver gpu NVIDIA, ctd, just before the last driver ctd, reset my bios, same, thought the problèm was CPU or GPU throlling, si i limited pl1 and pl2 @180W/185W idem ctd, try without community folder, idem. 

i explored all my ressources without be able to solve these crash.

Crash come sometime during loading game, sometime at Gate and during Flight as today 5 minutes After TO.

CPU 12900k, ddr4 and rtx3090

medium settings use in game, GPU load goes to 100% if i don't limite FPS to 30!!

thanks for your help

What's in your community folder.

• Like 1

As Jeff states, start by making sure your community folder is empty.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

thanks for your help

Bonsoir Frédéric

Don't tweak your hardware, it is most certainly useless if P3D works OK. If anything, be sure not to overclock the CPU and/or GPU as this can crash MSFS for some users 

As said above try without any addon as a lot of them are not compatible with the last update (révision) Su7. After a crash, MSFS will ask you if you want to use the normal mode or the safe mode. Select safe mode as it deactivates the addons you may have. If everything works well, you'll have to search the guilty addon/addons. If the sim still crashes, we'll try to find another way 😉

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

As Jeff states, start by making sure your community folder is empty.

And then do a flight using the default aircraft. If all goes well, then add in your aircraft to the CF. Do a flight in your aircraft. If using navigraph, it's probably ok to add in your navigraph too. Never heard of navigraph causing CTD. But if all goes well, then start adding in your stuff to the CF one at a time. Do a flight with each new item added. It's a pain in the butt, but this usually works for me. Funny thing is, when adding in each item one at a time, and when all my usual CF items are back in, I don't experience the CTD anymore. So maybe just doing that fixes the CTD. I fly the FBW A320(exp version)

Edited by Jeff D
  • Like 1

All of the above, and I would add, try without USB flight sim devices. Also in my particular case, I found out that if I connect my joystick during loading or while in the sim main screen, when I press Fly, it CTD, however if I don't forget to plug it in before launching MSFS, everything works fine.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Change the name of your community folder to something else. That's the best way to empty it because you are not moving files, you are just renaming the folder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I ve missed to write i ve already tried msfs without community folder. Unfortunaly ctd were present.

For msfs i use default bios settings just xmp for the memory.

Frédéric Giraud

10 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

I ve missed to write i ve already tried msfs without community folder. Unfortunaly ctd were present.

For msfs i use default bios settings just xmp for the memory.

I've read that xmp can sometimes lead to instability, at least with AMD but perhaps with Intel also. Could you try without xmp setting, perhaps even set the memory a bit below spec, so lower frequency, higher latency?
If everything is stable you can try with better values.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

So far ( one day) I have not had a CTD in three long flights at FL310 in the Longitude.

HOW? I was getting a CTD every flight before today

I have 3 SSD so I installed a fresh copy of Win 10 on one SSD, dedicating this to MSFS

After uninstalling and manually deleting leftovers of the old MSFS (AFTER saving OneStore elsewhere) and COMMUNITY elsewhere) 

I then reinstalled MSFS on the new Win 10 (MIGRATING OneStore to the new tree by pausing downloads then closing MSFS installation and starting again. Saves a LOT of time

"medium settings use in game, GPU load goes to 100% if i don't limite FPS to 30!!

If you don't limit fps GPU load does go to 100% for all of us...that's how it renders all those fps.

With your sim settings at medium on that screaming rig you've got to be getting 100fps or higher?!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 minutes ago, somiller said:

"medium settings use in game, GPU load goes to 100% if i don't limite FPS to 30!!

If you don't limit fps GPU load does go to 100% for all of us...that's how it renders all those fps.

With your sim settings at medium on that screaming rig you've got to be getting 100fps or higher?!

Maybe yes, i haven't check FPS with medium settings because i was tracking my problem. Will check that later when i will be able to fly without ctd

Frédéric Giraud

3 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I've read that xmp can sometimes lead to instability, at least with AMD but perhaps with Intel also. Could you try without xmp setting, perhaps even set the memory a bit below spec, so lower frequency, higher latency?
If everything is stable you can try with better values.

That's right, Saw it too but i had already check with hci memtest with no problem.

Frédéric Giraud

1 hour ago, peppy197 said:

So far ( one day) I have not had a CTD in three long flights at FL310 in the Longitude.

HOW? I was getting a CTD every flight before today

I have 3 SSD so I installed a fresh copy of Win 10 on one SSD, dedicating this to MSFS

After uninstalling and manually deleting leftovers of the old MSFS (AFTER saving OneStore elsewhere) and COMMUNITY elsewhere) 

I then reinstalled MSFS on the new Win 10 (MIGRATING OneStore to the new tree by pausing downloads then closing MSFS installation and starting again. Saves a LOT of time

If i am not able to solve these ctd, i will do it. 

Frédéric Giraud