Sign in to follow this  
GKELLERMAN

MSFS 2020 MCE & G-SYNC

I seem to be having issues with MCE and G-SYNC in MSFS 2020.

When I run in full screen mode and have MCE running it isn't allowing the full screen sim to utilize G-SYNC; however when I run sim in windowed mode G-SYNC returns and operates normally.

I have turned Off the sim text option, as I think the text that overlays the sim window must be causing the issue.  I can't seen to find a way to disable all of the test messages though (for example when muting the microphone a message still appears there). 

I am just guessing that MCE uses some sort of invisible window over the top that keeps the sim from regaining full control of its window.  I have a similar problem with P2ATC and the sayit window (if I open it NO G-SYNC, Closed and all is well.

Is there a way to turn OFF all messages and close/hide that text window?

Thanks and its an amazing experience to use MCE!  

15 hours ago, GKELLERMAN said:

When I run in full screen mode and have MCE running it isn't allowing the full screen sim to utilize G-SYNC; however when I run sim in windowed mode G-SYNC returns and operates normally.

I have turned Off the sim text option, as I think the text that overlays the sim window must be causing the issue.  I can't seen to find a way to disable all of the test messages though (for example when muting the microphone a message still appears there). 

I am just guessing that MCE uses some sort of invisible window over the top that keeps the sim from regaining full control of its window.  I have a similar problem with P2ATC and the sayit window (if I open it NO G-SYNC, Closed and all is well.

No worries. We'll disable the text notification for speech reco ststus as part of the existing option to disable "speech commands display" in next update..

On 1/25/2022 at 7:28 PM, GKELLERMAN said:

Should be sorted in latest patch

Unzip and manually replace files as per folder structur.e. No more display of any text when you disable option "Show commands in FS"

Edited by FS++

Just tested patch and report that all texts are gone.  This did not fix the issue with G-SYNC.  Again with all text off and MCE minimized to tray I still don't get G-SYNC in full screen mode (Windowed mode works  fine).

Not sure what to think at this point but I do thank your for a quick patch!

Whats G-SYNC...An aircarft registration

I use MCE with P2ATC all the time and have no issues?

I have perfect control in MCE P3d and MSFS! (Amazingly MSFS doesnt work for many items)

Cheers

Edited by charlie130
clarity

On 1/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, GKELLERMAN said:

Just tested patch and report that all texts are gone.  This did not fix the issue with G-SYNC.  Again with all text off and MCE minimized to tray I still don't get G-SYNC in full screen mode (Windowed mode works  fine).

Not sure what to think at this point but I do thank your for a quick patch!

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <more options>

In "Advanced options" panel, make sure option "Start to Tray" is enabled.

Restart MCE and not even MCE UI drawing will take place, unless you select "Show control Panel" via the tray menu.

This will rule out any graphics drawing operations. Leave Pilot2Atc out of the window for that test, and any other flight sim add-on (except those that run inside the sim).

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <more options>

In "Advanced options" panel, make sure option "Start to Tray" is enabled.

Restart MCE and not even MCE UI drawing will take place, unless you select "Show control Panel" via the tray menu.

This will rule out any graphics drawing operations. Leave Pilot2Atc out of the window for that test, and any other flight sim add-on (except those that run inside the sim)

Did exactly as you instructed (nothing running but the sim and MCE going straight to the tray after SIM loads) but the problem continues.

I am not sure if this might be a clue but as MCE is loading with the initial box; it assumes focus over the sim and the G-SYNC indicator drops, if (during the initial stages of MCE loading), I click on the MSFS window the G-SYNC indicator briefly returns then a second or two later drops and never returns after the initial box disappears.