Sign in to follow this  
raymar

There could be a new DC-3 in our sim . . . soon

6 minutes ago, raymar said:

Did you actually expect to hear a plane will be built and 17 hours later expect to fly it?  Geez Louise.

No. And no need to be snide. It is just so tiring to see planes being revealed months before their actual release, potenitally delayed and then they turn out not so much as they are made out to be. A pattern that is nicely followed for MSFS quite often now. Rather have two or three weeks notice for an actual nice product that then gets released.

Edited by Deimos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deimos said:

No. And no need to be snide. It is just so tiring to see planes being revealed months before their actual release, potenitally delayed and then they turn out not so much as they are made out to be. A pattern that is nicely followed for MSFS quite often now. Rather have two or three weeks notice for an actual nice product that then gets released.

Great. Now that that is settled, how about that Messerschmitt!!??  🙂

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On 1/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, 6297J said:

So you have privileged information you are not allowed to share but you want us to know how cool you are for knowing it. 

You nailed it!

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Would you like the sheet folded or rolled?

Ray

Origami lily flower should suffice.

Soon, when the Pigs will fly.😃

Thank you.

T45

31 minutes ago, guenseli said:

So you have privileged information you are not allowed to share but you want us to know how cool you are for knowing it. 

You nailed it!

This was addressed yesterday by others.

Ray

I have a VHS tape from the late 1990's about some busy DC-3s still in freight service in South America. The pilot/owner was saying how cheap it was to operate them and that they still had no trouble when they needed to get parts shipped in for them. I think they had 3 in continual service. The airline owner helped load the cargo, do repairs, and was one of the half dozen or so regular scheduled pilots.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

50 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I have a VHS tape from the late 1990's about some busy DC-3s still in freight service in South America. The pilot/owner was saying how cheap it was to operate them and that they still had no trouble when they needed to get parts shipped in for them. I think they had 3 in continual service. The airline owner helped load the cargo, do repairs, and was one of the half dozen or so regular scheduled pilots.

That was more than 20 years ago.  The Buffalo guys seem to be saying it is the last couple of years (from the video date) that parts have become scarce and prices going thru the roof.

Ray

this thread cheered me up twice! Once when I saw we were getting a new DC3 and the second time when I saw Alan was back posting. I've really missed his insightful comments and am still patiently waiting for his AH Spitfire Mk.I review! Welcome back Chocks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stewartforgie said:

this thread cheered me up twice! Once when I saw we were getting a new DC3 and the second time when I saw Alan was back posting. I've really missed his insightful comments and am still patiently waiting for his AH Spitfire Mk.I review! Welcome back Chocks!

Good to hear.  Chock is like an encyclopedia of aviation and most everyone will delight in a new DC-3 for MSFS. Thanks for posting your thoughts. 

Regards,

Ray

9 hours ago, raymar said:

soon = this year, maybe 3rd quarter is a guess.

Ray

Mèhhh..... Really ??....  😞

Jan

Yep. I have no idea how that translates.

34 minutes ago, Javiz said:

Mèhhh..... Really ??....  😞

Only on AVSim do you know that all good intentions by an OP will take a turn towards the negative. But that’s the heart of AVSim that always keeps it interesting! Thanks for all the terrific information posted on the DC-3 and it’s relatives!

• Like 4

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Doering said:

Only on AVSim do you know that all good intentions by an OP will take a turn towards the negative. 

I suggest following a few German language flightsim fora, notably with a focus on MSFS. That's why I gave up posting in my native language some time ago.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11