Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

The next Dev Q&A is Today at 18:30Z

I can't wait to see the flight dynamics this time this year. Looks like we'll be getting some edge of the envelope stuff including condensation and wake.

If we get the new weather system this year with all the cloud types / etc... this might be the year where it finally feels like we're out of beta. So exciting!

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

cloud wake turbulence

That'd be awesome!

Glad to hear they're constantly working on the physics/aerodynamics as well, although it is not as "marketable". I guess it's a plus, that it's Sebs' child.

• Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Can't DLSS be run under DX11?  (showing my ignorance here), and isn't there a newer / better version called DLDSR or something like that?

Yes, it is compatible with DirectX 11, 12 and Vulkan. What they said last year about requiring DirectX 12 was probably due to their lack of research on the technology. The fact that they were impressed with it despite being very dismissive of it before (going as far as to say it's not going to provide the correct data compared to TAAU) shows that they only recently actually looked into it. But still, I am just glad they finally went ahead and implemented it. It's going to be huge, especially for VR now and with ray-tracing in the future. It does make me want to go with NVIDIA again for my next GPU purchase (although I predict it's going to be more difficult compared to other vendors even years from now).

As for DLDSR, it is not related. It is the same DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) technology that's existed since Maxwell, augmented with AI downscaling for even better results (NVIDIA claim that 2,25x DLDSR looks as good as 4x DSR). It can be used alongside DLSS too, but just like DSR it's a driver feature that does not require game integration.

• Like 1

If they're going to re-write AI, it's going to take a year probably. If they can fix what they can and get going on refactoring that would be awesome, but the entire idea of getting this refactored is super exciting and welcome. The most exciting piece of info of the entire Q&A. I was hoping they'd say some more about the weather issues and the improvement to the mitigation of the server outages. Also, super vague on the SU8 contents, so I wouldn't expect much from what they're going to deliver. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Iberia, next WU after Oz!!

Iberia? Have to look that up.....  Always thought it was part of Spain.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, edemeijer said:

Me too... Will arrive on YouTube in a few days. I only found WU8 is announced with Spain and Portugal. Hope they include Canary Islands and Azores as well...

You can go watch the VOD right now on twitch, no need to wait for the YT upload!

21 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Iberia? Have to look that up.....  Always thought it was part of Spain.

More commonly known as the Iberian Peninsula in the UK.  Basically the block of land that contains Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar.   Of course, there was also the Spanish airline called Iberia due to this reason.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Iberia is the piece of land Spain and Portugal are on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Peninsula

Edit: bobcat beat me

First time ever!  Due to my slow typing speed, I normally get pipped to the post and end up having to go back and delete most of my post!  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Iberia is the piece of land Spain and Portugal are on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Peninsula

Edit: bobcat beat me

Jörg called it Iberia Update, but I think he didn’t mention anything about Portugal, did I miss it?

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

34 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Jörg called it Iberia Update, but I think he didn’t mention anything about Portugal, did I miss it?

Yes, he said Portugal and Spain. Iberia usually means the whole peninsula.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

This is most definitely not fixed.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-weather-down-every-day-from-2312-zulu-612p-est/481416/134

Hello! Thank you for the reports. As you know we did report this as “fixed” this morning in the Dev Q&A. Obviously as of 53 minutes ago we can see the issue is still happening, so will immediately escalate this as this was not the intention to speak incorrectly about the bug. We apologize for the mistake and will provide more details ASAP after triaging it with the team.

• Like 3

I find it interesting they are implementing DLSS and not AMD FSR since the hardware in the Xbox is AMD and wouldn't support DLSS.

You think Xbox would be the biggest benefactor to upscaling technologies. FSR would allow the Xbox to keep up as PC hardware and the sim advances.

Dlss is way better than FSR

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.