Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

The next Dev Q&A is Today at 18:30Z

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Dlss is way better than FSR

Yes but FSR is platform agnostic, and supported by both NVIDIA and AMD hardware which will give benefit to a broader scope of users.

Supported Graphics cards for AMD FSR:

• AMD Radeon™ 6000 Series
    AMD Radeon™ 6000M Series
    AMD Radeon™ 5000 Series
    AMD Radeon™ 5000M Series
    AMD Radeon™ VII Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ RX Vega Series
    AMD Radeon™ 600 Series
    AMD Radeon™ RX 500 Series
    AMD Radeon™ RX 480/470/460 Graphics
    AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with AMD Radeon™ Graphics
    AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 20 Series
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 16 Series
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 10 Series

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, autom8ter said:

I find it interesting they are implementing DLSS and not AMD FSR since the hardware in the Xbox is AMD and wouldn't support DLSS.

Make sure to vote here. In an older Q&A they dismissed it as a worse upscaling solution to their TAAU, when in fact it looks about as good, or even better in some cases, and with a much lower performance overhead.

Native 4K

TAAU 1520p to 4K

FSR 1520p to 4K

Especially when it comes to the readability of glass cockpits, FSR has the distinct advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I can't watch right now. Which airports are the 4 new hand crafted ones with the Australia World Update?

Paraburdoo YPBO - WA Longreach Airport YLRE - QLD Mt Beauty YMBT - VIC Shellharbour Airport YSHL - NSW 94 POI by ORBX New DEM 3 terabytes 11 photogrammetry cities Sydney Melbourne Adelaide Brisbane Perth Hobart Canberra Cairns Darwin Townsville Bunbury Mackay

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Being an Aussie im really hyped up for Syd and other places coming with photogrammetry, but what im really impressed with is the prop simulation they showed.  

Its good to see a bunch of fellow simmers so positive. (Sorry, the correct word is ‘excited’ in neumannish). 

So there is a need for a dissenting opinion 😇.  The saying goes as  ‘give them the benefit of the doubt’. I don’t anymore. They have exhausted their credit with me. I believe what I will see on my screen, not what they say. You have to give them that, they know how to maintain the interest up. Thats in the delivering they have problems.

Speaking of the new features of aerodynamics. I am still waiting the up-and downdrafts along slopes they promised us before release (and which were truly innovative) and I do not see anymore the turbulences over relief which have been progressively toned down to extinction since SU 7. But now its all about wake turbulences and condensation and props…

But lets be positive though, the Iberian Peninsula is indeed a good news. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 hours ago, liamp51 said:

Man it only took a few posts before someone started complaining about how terrible the sim is. Some things never change. 

It is awful, hey  ? People not thinking all alike !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Its good to see a bunch of fellow simmers so positive. (Sorry, the correct word is ‘excited’ in neumannish). 

So there is a need for a dissenting opinion 😇.  The saying goes as  ‘give them the benefit of the doubt’. I don’t anymore. They have exhausted their credit with me. I believe what I will see on my screen, not what they say. You have to give them that, they know how to maintain the interest up. Thats in the delivering they have problems.

Speaking of the new features of aerodynamics. I am still waiting the up-and downdrafts along slopes they promised us before release (and which were truly innovative) and I do not see anymore the turbulences over relief which have been progressively toned down to extinction since SU 7. But now its all about wake turbulences and condensation and props…

But lets be positive though, the Iberian Peninsula is indeed a good news. 

Up/downdrafts along slopes are still there FYI. Just try it with free GotFriends Discus 2 and you will see yourself. So please do not spread false info

• Like 1

Great news, great post (thanks for the summary @ChaoticBeauty!). I am already extremely happy with MSFS as it is. I could die a happy man as it is now: I seriously never expected to see such an awesome flightsim sim in my lifetime. Not a flight goes by without thinking 'I could cry now if I want to because it's sooooooooooo beautiful'. I am still surprised by what I experience on a daily basis. it's a dream come true. Well, and so on. 😉 Andall this great and positive news makes it only better. Can't wait for what's coming!

And I feel really, really sorry for all those people who fail to see what they've got right now... All the moaning and bashing... seriously... I don't get it. But luckily I don't have to get it. I'll live happily ever after in my wonderful MSFS-paradise. 😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skymaster9999 said:

Up/downdrafts along slopes are still there FYI. Just try it with free GotFriends Discus 2 and you will see yourself. So please do not spread false info

I almost only fly low in mountainous and hilly  areas and I’ve never seen my aicraft rise or sink as they should, where they should . Now if you see the drafts, the power to you. Imagination is a simulation main engine after all.

Dominique

How long do you think you can stay airborne in that glider without slope updrafts man? It works quite realistically, maybe a little too much

Edited by Skymaster9999

10 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I almost only fly low in mountainous and hilly  areas and I’ve never seen my aicraft rise or sink as they should, where they should . Now if you see the drafts, the power to you. Imagination is a simulation main engine after all.

Updrafts and downdrafts are modeled over ridges in MSFS, it's part of the FS Academy VFR lessons (and I have experienced the updrafts and downdrafts over ridges when I completed the FS Academy lesson below):

Perhaps you are referring to thermals around mountains.  I don't think thermals are modelled yet, although I think thermals are on the list of tasks Asobo plans to do.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 hours ago, autom8ter said:

I find it interesting they are implementing DLSS and not AMD FSR since the hardware in the Xbox is AMD and wouldn't support DLSS.

You think Xbox would be the biggest benefactor to upscaling technologies. FSR would allow the Xbox to keep up as PC hardware and the sim advances.

There are games that implement both technologies. Hopefully we get both at some stage.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Too funny: 3 posts in, the negativity starts.

Please, do kindly direct me to the many Q& As and updates that the "other sims" have provided us over the years.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

although I think thermals are on the list of tasks Asobo plans to do.

Maybe it will be part of the native sail plane support which comes in fall/atumn?

• Like 1