Sign in to follow this  
jschall

Help with Perfect Flight "Beautiful World" please!

Has anybody here tried "Beautiful World" from developer Perfect Flight (https://www.fs2000.org/)?

I tried the London tour in the Diamond DA40. All of the promised POI icons are there, but I didn't get any descriptive text or speech. There is no documentation with the Beautiful World download, so I may have to change something in my MSFS setup.

I did contact the FS2000 support email, but no answer.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Did you activate the Navlog? I didn't fly this specific product, but other Perfect Flight Bush trips, and their Navlogs display all info (POIs, Airports, Radials, Times).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you, Michael.

I don't even know what "Navlog" is, so that's probably my problem 😀 .

I'll look it up and give it a try.

Thanks again.

Not sure if the London Tour is in the "Bush Trip" format, though, as I see the "Beautiful World" package contains several formats. The description says London is a "Discovery Flight" and these might have neither TTS nor a Navlog. Navlogs are specific to "Bush Flights".

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi again, Michael.

I tried the London Discovery Flight again with the Nav Log open. Still none of the advertised/promised text or speech. 

I'm quite disappointed, unable to contact Perfect Flight for help.

Thanks for the explanation.

I suggest you send an email to Perfect Flight with your query.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The Perfect Flight Packages consist of several elements. One are the "Discovery Flights", another one are the "Scenic Tours" (sometimes termed "Bush Trips"), and then  there are "Landing Challenges" as well.

Unfortunately the docs lack a detailed explanation which elements sport which features.

I never tried one of their Discovery Flights. But read here

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discovery-flights-how-exactly-are-those-flown/428247

However, I am on their Japan Bush Trip/Scenic Tour right now and completed the first two legs. While the Navlog does work, there is no TTS sound either. I asked on the customer service form on their website but didn't get an answer so far either. I suspect there's a certain setting required maybe,.. but nothing on this in the docs. 

@raymar maybe right, perhaps their mail (webmaster@fs2000.org) might work.

I can do one thing for you. I already bought the "Beautiful World" package upon release. I'll install and try it over the weekend and will write back what the Discovery Trips do (or don't) on my system.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

@michael I followed your link above and read the full thread at the Offical Flight Simulator Forum. This subject obviously is totally without explanation and it seems that not a single user (out of all those million users) even has a clue how to experience the flights/tours.   

I wish someone that has Asobo’s ear would whisper this hole exists in the system and request some exposure.  The top level of management keeps bragging about how many more discovery flights and tours has been added.  

I watched the latest update Q & A video and sure enough, that was one of the highlights mentioned.  Maybe we can join the Chat during one of the live broadcasts and ask them why no one knows why MS/Asobo continues to expend time and resources on a dead horse.

Regards,

Ray

I decided to look at what others have experienced with Perfect Flight's Discovery Flights on Youtube.

Here, for example, is Froogle and his tour of Mount Everest:

So, even the mighty Froogle doesn't know how to get more info than just the names of the Points of Interest.

Surely there should be a way of popping up an info bubble and/or playing audio when one approaches a POI. Sort of like in Bushtalk Radio:

https://bushtalkradio.com/

Hi @jschall,

I installed the package and tried the London Discovery flight you referred to. As far as I see there's indeed not much to do there, you are launched in the air in the DA40 and can fly around watching POIs, as mentioned in the thread I referred to above. But of course you do this yourself taking off from, say, EGLL. (I think PF added a few POIs to the scenery, but that's it).

However, I was really shocked to see there is no documentation at all, no pdf, no readme, just nothing. The Perfect Flight Japan package which I am touring right now includes at least a 13pp User guide on installation and what to expect. 

There is no working TTS either.

I must say I am underwhelmed by the package and will mail them (mail is on the SimMarket page) about the missing manual and TTS function (given no one seems to scan input into their web form). You're free to do the same, of course

Kind regards, Michael

7 hours ago, deepstar said:

I agree. There are a big number of excellent freeware Bush Trips available already. I was in hope the payware offers would provide better documentation which is mostly lacking in the freeware offers, but so far they don't either. Even the doc coming with the PF Japan package is mainly on installation and handling only.

A really nice alternative concept provides Migman's World Tour

https://secure.simmarket.com/migmansflightsimmuseum-(de_1871).mhtml

These are "only" Fligthplans (no Navlog or - dysfunctional - TTS, but also no restrictions on plane and stuff) for relatively limited areas of interest but comes with extended documentation (~200-300 pp pdf each) detailing (with screenshots) all the POIs to expect. 

They're not really cheap but they're on sale right now and the series will be continued.

Kind regards, Michael

For those interested, I could resolve the TTS issue. This requires voice ATC to be on. The setting is as follows:

Options | Assistance Options | Voice Experience | ATC Voices | On.

I tried the Panama Canal Scenic Tour and now I got quite nice speech guidance.

However, the Discovery Flights (I tried London again) don't seem to come with any TTS and seem pretty pointless to me.

BTW, still no reply from Perfect Flight, neither to the Website form nor to my Mail. They seem to be in Hibernation - maybe they will wake up on Monday.

Kind regards, Michael

38 minutes ago, pmb said:

For those interested, I could resolve the TTS issue. This requires voice ATC to be on. The setting is as follows:

Options | Assistance Options | Voice Experience | ATC Voices | On.

I tried the Panama Canal Scenic Tour and now I got quite nice speech guidance.

However, the Discovery Flights (I tried London again) don't seem to come with any TTS and seem pretty pointless to me.

BTW, still no reply from Perfect Flight, neither to the Website form nor to my Mail. They seem to be in Hibernation - maybe they will wake up on Monday.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael for finding the fix for sound.  Good find.

Ray