Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Bangkok Released

All that would have been required for the developer to identify the bug is to take off from the airport. Is this too much to ask?

• Upvote 1

I understand the amusing responses regarding beta testing, but surely the developer would have tested the product with the photoreal scenery installed??

EDIT: I see that Afterburner beat me to the obvious question!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Afterburner said:

All that would have been required for the developer to identify the bug is to take off from the airport. Is this too much to ask?

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I understand the amusing responses regarding beta testing, but surely the developer would have tested the product with the photoreal scenery installed??

EDIT: I see that Afterburner beat me to the obvious question!

I don't think said developer runs P3D v5. Their recent and past comments on FSDeveloper would suggest (but I don't know) that they design for FSX and recompile assets using the P3D SDK.
This seems to be the first time that this method of working for them has been an issue.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

In that case, there is an even bigger requirement for them to ask a P3Dv5 owner to beta test it before it is released. I guess they have just been lucky so far, but you cannot rely on fate to decide whether a product will work on a different system or not.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

In that case, there is an even bigger requirement for them to ask a P3Dv5 owner to beta test it before it is released. I guess they have just been lucky so far, but you cannot rely on fate to decide whether a product will work on a different system or not.

Sounds a sure fire way for making a developer give up on P3D.  After all he had looked at it and issued a temporary fix within a few days,  Not many developers do that anymore. 

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

That is a fair comment, but why would asking one person to beta test the product in P3Dv5 have been a difficult task? I am thinking more of the developer's own peace of mind here, as opposed to being critical for the sake of it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Remember that a developer license for P3D costs $10 per month. If you ask me, I don't think that this is unaffordably expensive for a developer to install and test the add-ons...

I am with the developer on this,  I   would have bought more but  he intoduced VTBD for FSX 2 days after I bought the old version and would give no discount,Other developers in the area have filled the void.  His products are very good and few give such fast fixes

Edited by harrry
  • Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

Guys, the developer posted an update on their FB page a few hours ago issuing a fix for the following:

https://www.facebook.com/AASceneries/

1. Taxi line disappear in some places.
  2. 2. Water below the main terminal
  3. 3. Labels on the ground are not correct.
  4. 4. Photoscenery cause CTD.
I have sent the files to Simmarket and they will make a new installer which should take a while. If you don't want to wait, use this zip file. Just unzip to Airport/Scenery folder and overwrite the old files.

The zip file is available from a Dropbox link referenced on their FB page.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

12 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Agreed. 

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, Afterburner said:

All it would of taken was someone at aerosoft to do a circuit at 

Gva, Tlv, Rmu,  to notice the ils was wrong for example. 

All orbxs had to do was taxi around Kos, Vie, edi and Txl to see it was unuseable at night. 

Not hard is it 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Hi,

As mentioned above, the Developer has issued a patch for this (should also be available in Simmarket although I havent checked yet) and I installed the complete scenery plus the patch (from Dropbox)  and I was able to taxi right up to the Thai hangar without any issues in P3D v5HF1 Plus.

The patch does include some replacement photo scenery which does appear to have fixed the crash now that others were reporting.

This is a really good airport and it was extremely good value for money. I am glad the developer was responsive to the initial issues reported.For me, its a good buy. 👍

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Glad the issues are fixed - I'll certainly look at picking it up for my cargo network

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Purchased the scenery yesterday and I have to say that I’m quite happy with it, especially considering the price point. No crashes, good performance, and finally an up-to-date rendition of the airport.

Would have been nice if there had been some basic interior terminal modeling, especially given the size of the windows and the internal views these afford, but that’s a minor gripe. 

Edited by alepro21

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Yes finally  ,gonna do a RKSI-VTBS as B789 KAL653 to check it out

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png