Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Use cable or wifi with a 50 Mbps connection speed

I'm using Quest 2 and I don't want to fool around with my current settings using wifi settings in the Quest 2. It's stutters but bearable. 

I'm using i7-8700k, 32 GB Ram, GTX 1070 ti, and Win10.  Will I get better results using a 10 feet USB 3.0 cable connection? Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

i don't really have much better result between wifi and cable (i'm in Wifi 6) in FS. Don't forget in wifi to set bitrate at 200mb/s (or 0 can work also sometimes) in Oculus tray tool and in the headset too. No more or you will have big latency and stutters.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

14 hours ago, nirgal76 said:

i don't really have much better result between wifi and cable (i'm in Wifi 6) in FS. Don't forget in wifi to set bitrate at 200mb/s (or 0 can work also sometimes) in Oculus tray tool and in the headset too. No more or you will have big latency and stutters.

I don't use the Oculus Tray Tool.  Does it make a difference?  I just use the program that came with the Oculus.  How do you adjust the bitrate at the headset?  Thanks.

Edit:  Ignore this question. I figured it out by myself.

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I tried cable directly from a USB-C on the machine, Oculus Airlink and Virtual Desktop.  

Frankly most were very similar but for closest out of the box and go, Virtual Desktop won.   

I get about 866Mbit available on my wifi in the house between PC and headset. 

Internet is 1Gbit but that isnt relevant to how well the headset works on wifi.  

Funny thing is i use the quest 2with the cable attached to the PC but all its doing is for screen shot access and powering the headset.  

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

What is the Virtual Desktop?

I also have a 1Gbit connection from the router to the PC but only a 50+ Mbps wifi connection.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:54 PM, bofhlusr said:

What is the Virtual Desktop?

I also have a 1Gbit connection from the router to the PC but only a 50+ Mbps wifi connection.

It is software for the Quest 2

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha