Sign in to follow this  
MSFLYER5856

Who misses making their own 6 Pack

If there is one thing I do miss about this sime is a nice utility to make your own gauges and panels and the put the panel on aseperate monitor. Lets hope for the future someone builds a nice utility to do this. There is one program to do something similar but I miss my panlel maker utility.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

I thought SimInnovations Air manager does what you ask for? It's compatible with MSFS since several months and there are a series of pre-fabricated panels and quite a number of gauges available now.

It's working networked and I think you can also take gauges on a 2nd monitor on the same machine (if  you can cope with the fps loss - not sure if this is still present).

There are several threads on the official forum on this (in the Home Cockpit Builders category).

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Also lorbies AAO can do that, even over network. Though not as touch compatible as Air Manager. But also not as expensive.

• Like 1

I think Air Manager is what Im looking for. But that 65 euro price 😡

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

39 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

Same! The only thing stopping me is that 65euro’s! I’m sure it’s worth it but eesshhhh it’s not cheap! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Same! The only thing stopping me is that 65euro’s! I’m sure it’s worth it but eesshhhh it’s not cheap! 

Some times really good stuff costs a bit more... Do you really want it, or not.. up to you. 😉

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Some times really good stuff costs a bit more... Do you really want it, or not.. up to you. 😉

Oh I agree, and am sure it’s worth it…I do this all the time, I want something that’s a bit pricey, I think about it for weeks and always eventually pick it up, and sure I will do the same, it’s just a matter of time! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I use the android version, which is only $17.99. The Ipad version is $22.99.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Why not check out Peixsoft glass panel or steam gauges on your tablet?  Love using the glass cockpit with the Kodiak on my Samsung tablet, and has no visible effect on FPS (which can sometimes happen with screen sharing and moving objects over to shared screen on tablet in comparison).

https://www.peixsoft.com/ga-panel-for-android/

https://www.peixsoft.com/glasscockpit-to-sim-en/

16 hours ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

You won't regret it! I can't fly without!

A few things I miss from FSX.  Panelmaker being one and RWY12 for object placing in scenery.  Both were freeware and very easy to use.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

No, Im surely not that desperate for it.

Maybe not quite the same thing, but I've set up my iPad as a 3rd monitor, in addition to my 2 Dell's. I use Splashtop Wired XDisplay, which is a free desktop program + app for this, and it works well. 

The desktop program is at Turn your Tablet into a Monitor | Splashtop Wired XDisplay | Use Tablet as Second Screen, and the iPad app is in the App Store.

So far I've used this with the pop-out screens, moving them to the iPad. I've had 4 open at a time, with no noticeable drop in frame rate in either the FBW A32N or the Cessna 172 with Garmin Nxi (I haven't tried more than 4, but no reason to think that would be problem since I've opened 6 on my 2nd monitor with no frame rate loss). All of them including the PFD and MFD have been very responsive. And no cost (except the cable I needed to attach the iPad to a USB port on my desktop).

To set this up with other gauges, it should work with Spad.Next and Virtual FIP Gauges, but I haven't tried that yet. Since I think some of those may have interactivity (like turning knobs), it's possible they might slow things down.