Sign in to follow this  
177B

Steam Gauge Kodiak

I fly my Kodiak on Steam sometimes. 

It is fun. I also have a G1000 AirManager profile. But because the popout costs me about 10 fps at the moment I like flying the great Kodiak with steam gauges. With 4 screens I get 30 fps with this setup.

What is cool is that you can use the hardware Knobster and touch screen to change all the settings for AP and NavComs. And you can practice IFR approaches with steam gauges. Of course you can view the G1000's as well as can be seen in one of the photos.

This feels really immersive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Here I thought I would add the G1000 4 screen setup as well.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Maybe you can do that with PMDGs 737 when it is released. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe you can do that with PMDGs 737 when it is released. 

Actually there are whole overhead panels and all the lower panels as well for 737's available in AirManager already made. We may need to update the variables like I have done for the Kodiak and the Twiotter. 

If you search panels at siminovations website you will see all the premade 73 panels.😀👍

Here is a video:

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Sounds like the best of both worlds.  Steam gauges and nxi.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 minutes ago, raymar said:

Sounds like the best of both worlds.  Steam gauges and nxi.

Regards,

Ray

Yes it can save your bacon😁.

Pit.jpg

I think they found a fix for the fps loss as per their last development Q&A, will be released with sim update 8 from what I understand. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Nice setup.  Well done.

Was there ever a real world steam gauge Kodiak ? I have never come across one.

No there isn't. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Nice setup.  Well done.

Was there ever a real world steam gauge Kodiak ? I have never come across one.

Even the rock bottom Kodiak ships with all glass. It is a very modern design all around.

But that does not stop me from training ADF holding patterns etc. It is a fun plane and a very good IFR trainer. I like working the old fashioned way sometimes. Other times I love the glass.

This is what is so great about simming it is really just playing around. Only as serious as you want to make it.

Pit.jpg