Sign in to follow this  
RichD

It seems there is hope after all.

Just last week, my MSFS lost the ability to 'represent' the correct weather for any part of the world (UK mainly) for some reason, the air pressure was there but nothing else.  It also started messing with my logitect control's, msfs would crash, then on restart...... nothing. Yet, if I started X-plane, without a computer restart, Logitech worked like nothing was wrong.. The same with FSX.

Anyway, to get around the weather problems, yesterday, I started to use the weather presets, storm, rain and overcast being my favourite's. I got to notice that, if I loaded any of these when setting up a flight, it would crash just before I hit the fly now button, yet, if I started with clear weather, it would run and allow me to then select the present's and ran OK. Now it get's interesting.

Today, I was 'invited' to upgrade to Windows 11, and thought 'why not, msfs is not playing ball, what could go wrong!' After 40 minute's of updating, Windows 11 presented itself to me and we had a short conversation about how, if it didn't work well, it would be off to pastures new, and Win 10 would be back. After 20 minutes checking all was good, I thought I'd fire up msfs, and was about to put a hammer to it, as msfs failed, again for the same reason. I gave it one more try, this time clear sky's, and she flow, load fast and seemed to look better. I then loaded storm and I was really pleased with the result. After a few minute's of lighting bolt's trying to blast me out the sky, I thought I'd try live weather, and blow me down, it worked as it should, pressure, wind even cloud's.

Who would have thought.

Rich

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Yes, Rich, but what does it mean?  Are you saying you did something to make live weather work?  Or is it just the weird randomness of MSFS?  :smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm saying it's just the weird randomness of MSFS. I did nothing to try to fix live weather (not my job) as I know nothing in that regards.

I'm about to fire msfs up for the first time today, lets see what happens. Will let you know.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Just to update, flew around my home town of Hereford UK and weather was as close as it could be, the same at Cardiff. At the moment, I am a happy man 😁

Edited by RichD

Look's a bit better and seems to run smoother. But remember, each computer is different, worked for me, but might not for someone else. I took a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrueedi said:

Is there some truth or only anecdotal evidence that MSFS looks better in Windows 11?

It looks exactly the same in Win11. My only issue with the weather in MSFS is the inability of it to depict a truly overcast sky.

Your problem could have been a defective Win10 system -
solved with Win 11 upgrade + Fs 2020 with clear sky before using live weather.

Or live weather was corrupted under Win 10 ...

"It looks exactly the same in Win11". I agree.

21 hours ago, RichD said:

Just last week, my MSFS lost the ability to 'represent' the correct weather for any part of the world (UK mainly) for some reason, the air pressure was there but nothing else.  It also started messing with my logitect control's, msfs would crash, then on restart...... nothing. Yet, if I started X-plane, without a computer restart, Logitech worked like nothing was wrong.. The same with FSX.

Anyway, to get around the weather problems, yesterday, I started to use the weather presets, storm, rain and overcast being my favourite's. I got to notice that, if I loaded any of these when setting up a flight, it would crash just before I hit the fly now button, yet, if I started with clear weather, it would run and allow me to then select the present's and ran OK. Now it get's interesting.

Today, I was 'invited' to upgrade to Windows 11, and thought 'why not, msfs is not playing ball, what could go wrong!' After 40 minute's of updating, Windows 11 presented itself to me and we had a short conversation about how, if it didn't work well, it would be off to pastures new, and Win 10 would be back. After 20 minutes checking all was good, I thought I'd fire up msfs, and was about to put a hammer to it, as msfs failed, again for the same reason. I gave it one more try, this time clear sky's, and she flow, load fast and seemed to look better. I then loaded storm and I was really pleased with the result. After a few minute's of lighting bolt's trying to blast me out the sky, I thought I'd try live weather, and blow me down, it worked as it should, pressure, wind even cloud's.

Who would have thought.

Rich

That's an awful lot of possessive apostrophes!

Was having a moment. Here you go, got a few spare 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, ctdlg said:

Your problem could have been a defective Win10 system -
solved with Win 11 upgrade + Fs 2020 with clear sky before using live weather.

Or live weather was corrupted under Win 10 ...

"It looks exactly the same in Win11". I agree.

It could have very well been the case. I'm not an expert. I just use them.

I know the msfs does not like resolution changes or HDR changes but I'll live with it.

People seem to forget any number of computer issues, dodgy addons, messing with settings or config entries, following youtube *GET 100 EXTRA FPS WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK* Tweaks or any other modifications can cause all sorts of rampant hec with your games 😄