Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

Pagosa Springs Stevens Field - KPSO

Welcome to Southwestern Colorado!  Coming soon to MSFS is my first airport project Pagosa Springs Stevens Field (KPSO).  I have been working on this project for quite some time and it is finally in a finished state for release!  Stevens Field is a GA airport located in Pagosa Springs, CO and is not far from the highly detailed Telluride Airport in MSFS.  Some great mountain flying can be enjoyed flying between these airfields!  Stevens Field features fully custom 3D buildings with PBR textures.  Everything has been modeled after personal site visits and photos that I took on the airport grounds.  The airport layout was updated to be current and the airport has it's own local elevation model taken from hi-res LIDAR data so all of the small hills and embankments next to the runways and taxiways are visible as in real life.  I have also thoroughly tested the RNAV Approach to Runway 1 with both Working Title G1000 NXI and the default avionics to make sure everything works for the IFR flyers out there.  Please enjoy the screenshots below and I hope you will enjoy the airport when it's available.  I will update the post here in the coming days when it is posted for download.  Oh and it will be available for free!

51847106231_7fc3a8427f_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847752990_676bcf195f_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847105356_91d6985f59_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847105446_6b52bafcdf_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847753230_0c39469688_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847165583_675200832f_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51846130897_2283437d6e_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847425394_9100642be3_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51846131037_1da836aa45_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51847105926_16910fac27_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

51846131162_5c4019e376_k.jpgPagosa Springs Stevens Field - Bravo Tango Simulations by Brandon Thetford, on Flickr

Edited by thetford569
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 2

Looks good...right up my alley.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks fantastic-will be getting this for sure!

• Like 1

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

@thetford569

Looks great. I’ve spent a lot of time in Pagosa during the winters to ski at Wolf Creek and always wished for a good rendition of that airport. Someday when I get MSFS I’ll be sure to download it.

Hows the city look in the sim?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@thetford569

Looks great. I’ve spent a lot of time in Pagosa during the winters to ski at Wolf Creek and always wished for a good rendition of that airport. Someday when I get MSFS I’ll be sure to download it.

Hows the city look in the sim?

Wolf Creek has been a winter destination of mine for many years!  Love Pagosa and skiing up there!  The town looks fine.  Of course it's not photogrammetry but the autogen does pretty well and with the bing satellite data it looks like the real place.  It would be nice to model some of the downtown area including the hot springs with steam coming off in the cold weather but that's a little above my head at the moment and that much work would probably change this from a free project to payware.  This was a learning project for me with the SDK, Blender, Substance Painter, etc.  I wanted a small GA airport that I could learn on but also make true to life so I chose Pagosa Springs as I like flying there in the sim.  I'm planning on continuing to develop my skills and hopefully step into the marketplaces in the near future.

10 hours ago, thetford569 said:

Wolf Creek has been a winter destination of mine for many years!  Love Pagosa and skiing up there!  The town looks fine.  Of course it's not photogrammetry but the autogen does pretty well and with the bing satellite data it looks like the real place.  It would be nice to model some of the downtown area including the hot springs with steam coming off in the cold weather but that's a little above my head at the moment and that much work would probably change this from a free project to payware.  This was a learning project for me with the SDK, Blender, Substance Painter, etc.  I wanted a small GA airport that I could learn on but also make true to life so I chose Pagosa Springs as I like flying there in the sim.  I'm planning on continuing to develop my skills and hopefully step into the marketplaces in the near future.

I’ve gone to Wolf Creek many years myself. It’s hard to beat that place. Typically the most snow in Colorado, short lift lines, huge mountain with terrain to suit most anyone and fair price for tickets. The only thing that keeps more people from going is that you can’t stay at the resort and have to drive up, but it’s not very far from Pagosa.

We usually Airbnb an apartment in the city and eat at some of the nice niche restaurants in town. Love eating the “Wolf Dogs” at the lodge as well. It would be a weird coincidence if we’d been skiing there at the same time.

Cant wait to try it when I get MSFS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Excellent job on Pagosa Springs! Looking forward to it.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

11 hours ago, thetford569 said:

....change free to payware

Haha already thought it was payware!  Looks great whichever way you decide to go.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Haha already thought it was payware!  Looks great whichever way you decide to go.

Thanks!  Nope this release will be free!

8 hours ago, thetford569 said:

Thanks!  Nope this release will be free!

Thanks for your contribution!

When will we be able to download it and from which site?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thank you for your hard work and free offering, looks really great and will be sure to get it!! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Cool! Does the yellow X indicate that this was a runway in the past or is it only to avoid people landing there? It is not visible on Google sattelite images, though.

Edited by crimplene

53 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Cool! Does the yellow X indicate that this was a runway in the past or is it only to avoid people landing there? It is not visible on Google sattelite images, though.

Looks like there used to be an X - if you zoom into google images there are remnants of an old X.  But yeah I'm guessing it was either a runway or people were lining up with it hehe.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |