Sign in to follow this  
AerOdyssey

CM-170 Fouga Magister by AzurPoly is released !

Hi all, I am glad to present to you the new fouga Magister created by AzurPoly.
This plane is one of my favorite planes that I had the chance to see several times in real life. It's a French military aircraft, designed and built as a training aircraft.

It is different from other planes, we feel the design that comes from a glider. I find it quite sensitive to the winds, can real pilots confirm this feeling?
The engine sounds are very faithful to those I have heard in real life, overall it is very good, I just regret the quality of the smoke which is poor, I hope they will improve it in the future.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 6

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

13 minutes ago, 6297J said:

This does look good but I will wait for Dominique's review. 

I was waiting for yours ! Do they sell at Orbx ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've already been burnt twice this month and this is a bit more than I thought it would be. But it does look good.  

It does look and sound good. I will wait for a couple of reviews. I am not an early adopter. Been there, done that, not specially rewarding. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Love the fancy marketing. Need to wait for the actual partial reviews.

Edited by MSFLYER5856
  • Upvote 1

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

50 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

Love the fancy marketing. Need to wait for the actual partial reviews.

I didn't get any benefit from making this video I made it only out of passion but thank you 🙂 
this is where my passion was born 🙂 I was there every weekend when i was child

1920px-Entree-du-musee_de_l_Air_et_de_l_

Edited by AerOdyssey
  • Like 5

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Bought it, flew a quick circuit, really like it. Sounds like I remember it from seeing it taxi past plenty of times. Probably worth it to enable headphone simulation on longer flights due to the high pitch of the jets, hehe. But so far it looks great, flies great, sounds great. Now to download the manual to get to know it a bit better. 

If you don't have anything comparable yet, I'd recommend it for sure. Nice analog trainer jet. I have the MB339 as well, which is sort of comparable, and I would probably fly the Magister over that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prpn said:

Bought it, flew a quick circuit, really like it. Sounds like I remember it from seeing it taxi past plenty of times. Probably worth it to enable headphone simulation on longer flights due to the high pitch of the jets, hehe. But so far it looks great, flies great, sounds great. Now to download the manual to get to know it a bit better. 

If you don't have anything comparable yet, I'd recommend it for sure. Nice analog trainer jet. I have the MB339 as well, which is sort of comparable, and I would probably fly the Magister over that.

Thanks for the feedback. The MB 339 has the reputation to be a bit too easy on the user though. This is what  I was told before I went for the G-91 which is indeed not too forgiving on the energy management side. Nor forgiving at all 😁.  So my question is did the Fouga try to kill you or not ? 

• Like 1

Dominique

13 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

So my question is did the Fouga try to kill you or not ? 

All i can say is that the Tiger Fouga killed the kitten G.91 above the black forest 😁 

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

25 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

So my question is did the Fouga try to kill you or not ? 

Not really, but I am very familiar with jet energy management and already knew some ballpark numbers, plus it is a straight wing trainer aircraft... Not exactly something that will get you in to trouble that quickly. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AerOdyssey said:

All i can say is that the Tiger Fouga killed the kitten G.91 above the black forest 😁 

Whats the story ? 

• Like 1

Dominique

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Whats the story ? 

I started writing it at 1:17 of the video 😉 i will made special video about this tiger meet .

spacer.png

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

1 hour ago, AerOdyssey said:

I started writing it at 1:17 of the video 😉 i will made special video about this tiger meet .

spacer.png

Cute, I didn’t see it was a Gina in the foreground. A lot of good work in this video.

• Like 1

Dominique