Sign in to follow this  
AerOdyssey

CM-170 Fouga Magister by AzurPoly is released !

5 hours ago, AerOdyssey said:

Not at this moment but for your information, Dev Team is reading this topic 😉

So very short wishlist from my side;

- ILS capable instrument (I know for sure some longer service life Magisters had them)
- Marbore VI version for that slight bump in performance at the cost of range and higher fuel burn

Otherwise, chapeau! Really enjoyable aircraft.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

manuel_utilisation_fouga.pdf (hugues-lemaire.fr)

Wow thank you very much for this gold mine 👍

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

There are late 1950s vacuum tube era ADF, COM, and VOR flip window (non LED) rcvrs on the right hand panel to set the freq digits.

Radio compass (10) and HSI with OBS knob (19) show your bearings or radial deviations.

Manual:

https://azurpolygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/AzurPolyFougaManualRev1.pdf

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks Dominique! Very useful. Google Translate works well and I was able to get it copied into MS Word.

and then into a "Frenglish" pdf, with some consistency in terms of height, speed and distance, with a few "adjustments" in places where "Google Translate" didn't work so well . . . .  Some parts may need a bit more tweaking, (or correction), so go ahead - feel free to do it!  👍

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlU8Rf6t-N-_eejhg?e=e1H6Jj

The pdf describes one pilot's experience of a test flight he did in the Magister back in 1955. It gives one a "sort-of" measure of what to look for in flying AzurPoly's pretty good little "Magister": or a 'feel' for how the aircraft 'should' behave under the same conditions: We've seen the videos - and many folks, now, I imagine - have this aircraft in their stables, and have a few hours flying it. My own earlier comments still stand, and I found the stall exactly as he describes it in the pdf, but the spin - well - I couldn't get a spin at all: spiral dive yes - not fast, nor increasing in speed, nor oscillating - but it wasn't a spin. Might well have been me, too. . .  🤥  On the other hand, the descent and approach, is spot on: it is one of the nicest, most easy to plan, most easy to adjust - visibity is tremendous, and can be as smooth and predictable as an LH Maddog flying an FMC STAR into your favorite airport. 

regards,
pj 

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 2

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thankfully my CTD's have gone and I am confident they were sim related and in no way attribtable to the Magister which is little gem - really enjoying her! 

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for this to be available anywhere other than the Marketplace. 

• Upvote 1

It looks like an update is on the way and the product be available outside the Market Place

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 2/9/2022 at 7:21 AM, 6297J said:

I'm just waiting for this to be available anywhere other than the Marketplace. 

It's done and they updated it :

Version: 1.0.3
- New 8K interiors exterior textures
- Reduced acceleration too sudden during takeoff
- Pre-stall behaviours at high loads mostly removed
- Fixed CG position
- Fixed wrong value for vertical speed gauge and altitude indicator
- Fixed missing electric supply check for nozzle temperature, oil pressure and temperature gauges
- Fixed issue with ADF frequency setting and ADF radial
- Fixed issue with VOR OBS
- Adjusted fuel dump rate
- New EFB feature to hide copilot

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

More news...

The Fouga Magister 1.1 update will be released in the following days on the Marketplace. It will also be in Orbx Central for the first time.
This update include the following elements :
- EFB tab for Radio Monitoring
- EFB tab for the Map
- EFB tab for Weapon Manager
You can now move the EFB on the pilot seat to clear the right console.

22032002373316140517835739.jpg
22032002373316140517835740.jpg
22032002373216140517835738.jpg
22032002373216140517835737.jpg

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I never get tired of this plane

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

After seeing the quality of the the TB-30 I had to grab this as well and wasn't disappointed 🙂

• Like 1

Version 1.2.1 is out with the following improvements/corrections:

Effects update with stability improvements
Ajusted fuel consumption
Fixed T4 nozzle temperature
Fixed altimeter baro setting
Fixed HUD display issue
Functional circuit breakers
Fixed display issue with pilots model
New EFB menu for updates
Autopilot in EFB
Fixed blinking decals
Fixed landing gear auditory check
Improved interior lighting at daytime

My best content 👇                

spacer.png