Sign in to follow this  
Alaska738

First flight Twin Otter

Very nice photo set!

I still haven't jumped on the MSFS bandwagon...the DC-6 and Twin Otter are making it very, very tempting!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Beautiful pictures...and, a nice adventure for your first flight with your new a/c...🙂...

(It was Tara Air, as I recall from many moons ago, that would have taken me from Kathmandu to Lukla...either on a Twin Otter (or maybe Dornier-228) ...but, adverse weather conditions at Lukla usurped all my plans...) ...

Thanks for sharing...!

• Like 2

Beautiful set bro !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Beautiful pictures...and, a nice adventure for your first flight with your new a/c...🙂...

(It was Tara Air, as I recall from many moons ago, that would have taken me from Kathmandu to Lukla...either on a Twin Otter (or maybe Dornier-228) ...but, adverse weather conditions at Lukla usurped all my plans...) ...

Thanks for sharing...!

I'm planning to return Lukla to Kathmandu with Tara Air. 🙂 

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, Alaska738 said:

I'm planning to return Lukla to Kathmandu with Tara Air. 🙂 

Look forward to your return flight...from Lukla to Kathmandu...🙂...in Tara Air...

Somehow, sitting in the easy chair, here, it feels much safer to partake of your virtual flight...than the real one I was so eager to take during my (probably) only chance I had...

Lukla weather can be quite unpredictable...in fact...there is no real weather forecasting for it. After I had got the Tara Air Tickets from the counter (no on-line reservation those days), some kind of (unexpected) cloud-coverage into Lukla Approach had nulled everything...

Those Nepalese Pilots are really good.... (Accidents do happen, still, though), here, below, I read, are the requirements for flying into Lukla:

"Lukla has a poor safety record, and the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has implemented a strict set of criteria to be able to land at the airport. All pilots must have completed 100 (STOL) short take-off and landing flights, have one year or more flight experience in Nepal and have successfully completed ten flights into Lukla with a certified instructor."

Having just landed there, I presume...you have met these qualifications already...🙂... (the most recent 787 flight into Midway, of course, not counting) ...🙂...

Anyway, safe journey back...! Look out for those dangerous mountains...!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

Look forward to your return flight...from Lukla to Kathmandu...🙂...in Tara Air...

Somehow, sitting in the easy chair, here, it feels much safer to partake of your virtual flight...than the real one I was so eager to take during my (probably) only chance I had...

Lukla weather can be quite unpredictable...in fact...there is no real weather forecasting for it. After I had got the Tara Air Tickets from the counter (no on-line reservation those days), some kind of (unexpected) cloud-coverage into Lukla Approach had nulled everything...

Those Nepalese Pilots are really good.... (Accidents do happen, still, though), here, below, I read, are the requirements for flying into Lukla:

"Lukla has a poor safety record, and the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has implemented a strict set of criteria to be able to land at the airport. All pilots must have completed 100 (STOL) short take-off and landing flights, have one year or more flight experience in Nepal and have successfully completed ten flights into Lukla with a certified instructor."

Having just landed there, I presume...you have met these qualifications already...🙂... (the most recent 787 flight into Midway, of course, not counting) ...🙂...

Anyway, safe journey back...! Look out for those dangerous mountains...!!

I knew that a special qualification was needed to take off/land at this airport. It's not for nothing that it's the most dangerous airport in the world. Thx! 🙂 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement