Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

v5.3HF2 airliners reasonable GFX settings?

Now that the latest update is generally accepted, please share your current gfx v5.3hf2 settings for overall fluid day/night flying the most heavy airliners to the most heavy hubs and sceneries on i9+ NV 2080+ hardware in 1440p+ resolutions, nothing too much fancy.

Particularly I'm looking for Optimal (as opposed to Best) World and Lighting Settings, scenery objects, draw distances, reflections, dynamic lighting, shadow quality and object shadows.

Thanks

PS: Hyper Threading, AM, VSYNC studies can be left alone, there's enough to go through in the neighbouring threads. 

Edited by Dirk98

If you have a 4k monitor. Dial down the AA. Otherwise the dynamic lighting with tank your system. 

SSAA for me at x4 or x8 wallops me with dynamic lighting. 

14ppkc-6.png

56 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

If you have a 4k monitor. Dial down the AA. Otherwise the dynamic lighting with tank your system. 

SSAA for me at x4 or x8 wallops me with dynamic lighting. 

agree with this.  The 3090 helped significantly here for me.  I would previously save a day profile setting as well as a night setting.  And load each accordingly.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 1/29/2022 at 1:44 PM, micstatic said:

agree with this.  The 3090 helped significantly here for me.  I would previously save a day profile setting as well as a night setting.  And load each accordingly.  

agreed. problem is when you do a "late duty" for example you might start at say 13:00 in the day time and finish at say 22:00 at night.  or if you do a long early duty in mid winter you might start at say 07:00 and finish at 17.00  again starting and finishing at "night" thats if you dont go sick or fatigued for it.  

or the other way round  doing a night duty say a transatlantic starting at 23.00 and landing at say 0830  you start at night and finish in the day.   

all about realism innit @Christopher Low

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

My 2080Ti runs MSAA x8 @1440p quite well with dynamic lighting on day and night. Strange but motion blur option helps a lot with FPS to some reason.

Edited by Dirk98

My i5 7600k @ 4.5Ghz/6GB GTX 980Ti powered system does a pretty good job of running 4xSSAA @ 1080p resolution with dynamic lighting on day and night......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm running 8xMSAA and DL seems to be OK for me on my 8700K. I have a 1070 Ti and currently running a 34" UWQHD (1440p) monitor.

I did notice AA is worse when Autoexposure is enabled in Lighting so have currently disabled this option.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Here are my settings, that work absolutely perfect for me in v5.3HF2:

jbC7TIY.png

kR1bbWc.png

6gwFw1W.png

D2rGOjt.png

j1rERkW.png

h22meLE.png

4VfBJ3T.png

PmxWiR3.png

OUcIbTj.jpg

a0T1Y7q.jpg😄

Performance-wise v5.3HF2 is nothing short of outstanding like never before, finally.

PS: I still use Reshade (some more lighting and sharpening) and and VC lighting tweak.

+ 1/2 refrresh of 60Hz, Unlimited FR, FFTF Dynamic.

i9 9900K @5.2GHz GTX 2080Ti 11Gb, 32Gb memory @3.2GHz, USB GoFlight, VRinsight, CHM, TIR

Tons of Orbx stuff, flying FSL and PMDG between commercial airports in US and UK mostly. 

AIG OCI controlled via FSUIPC, AI Lights Reborn, plus ASP3D, AI Companion, AIFlow, AIGround on client PCs.

Edited by Dirk98

2 hours ago, 787flyer said:

I did notice AA is worse when Autoexposure is enabled in Lighting so have currently disabled this option.

Autoexposure helps with VC lighting. 

18 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Autoexposure helps with VC lighting. 

I have a very similar system to yours as can be seen in my profile below, what monitor do you run and what’s it’s native frequency. I run a 4K TV with a native 30Hz capability.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

40 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I have a very similar system to yours as can be seen in my profile below, what monitor do you run and what’s it’s native frequency. I run a 4K TV with a native 30Hz capability.

Joe

I have NEC MultiSync PA302W 1440p display port, 30Hz capable but I run @60Hz with 1/2 refresh in NVI.

Edited by Dirk98