Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'I am flabbergasted in sim performance' post...

I just installed (KMIA) Miami X Intl airport into both v4.5 and v5.3 HF2.

I started off with v4.5 to check it out.  The property is fantastic...very well detailed...gates, cargo, planes...very nice...and the price most generously, at $0.00 by the Dev's is a great gift of generosity!  Check it out with your account over at Sim Market!

v4.5 FPS...in the toilet...with the sim at full throttle: 12-17 FPS.

v5.3 HF2  flying high at 28-33 fluctuating depending on the view... (my locked setting via nVidia Mask)

I am just as the title says, flabbergasted at how much performance is being pulled from DX12 and v5.3 HF2 as a whole package.  Simply marvelous.... Simply so!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

WOW...what a killer combo....Miami X and Orbx T.E. Florida.  

I thought it was only the airport KMIA...heck...it is the entire city of Miami....wow...detail supreme!~   This is a must have....great performance with v5.3 HF2.  Not so much, in v4.5...it is basically with DX11, a snail...

Getting back to my Miami City fly over...way MORE than merely the redo of the airport, and a great marriage between this product and Orbx T.E.Florida!   This ROCKS!

• Like 1

H.S.!   P3D v5.3 HF2 can look just as good...RL, as MSFS with the right scenery combo....and man oh man...Miami X (cityscape) is so huge in area and detail...I'm not sure where it begins or ends, or Orbx T.E. Florida begins or ends...and where they are hip to hip...but WOW....the detail LOOKS exactly like MSFS pretty much in Ultra.  I am so amazed...and of course thrilled beyond doubt! 🙂

Back to Miami on steroids...LOL!

Wozer....

• Like 1

Regarding 5.2 HF2 performance, I agree. Every update has brought improvements (and occasionally a few problems) but with HF2 - wow, I am blown away -incredible performance and smoothness, just fantastic. Right now the only “tweaks” I feel like making are minor twiddling with HDR lighting effects. Otherwise performance is so fantastic I feel that coupled with the library of add ons I’ve acquired over time I have a sim that I’m going to be able to just enjoy for years to come. I’m loving just flying, not messing around with trying to improve performance, eliminate micorstutters, or worry about CTD’s. 

• Like 2

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

19 minutes ago, IUBrian said:

Regarding 5.2 HF2 performance, I agree. Every update has brought improvements (and occasionally a few problems) but with HF2 - wow, I am blown away -incredible performance and smoothness, just fantastic. Right now the only “tweaks” I feel like making are minor twiddling with HDR lighting effects. Otherwise performance is so fantastic I feel that coupled with the library of add ons I’ve acquired over time I have a sim that I’m going to be able to just enjoy for years to come. I’m loving just flying, not messing around with trying to improve performance, eliminate micorstutters, or worry about CTD’s. 

That was actually v5.3 HF2 that I was referencing.  Here are some shots of one climbing out of  Miami X/Orbx T.E. Florida 'marriage', and then Miami X  KMIA taxi explore...

Screenshot-728.png

Screenshot-729.png

Screenshot-733.png

Screenshot-743.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

Yeah I meant 5.3

• Like 1

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

That was actually v5.3 HF2 that I was referencing.  Here are some shots of one climbing out of  Miami X/Orbx T.E. Florida 'marriage', and then Miami X  KMIA taxi explore...

Screenshot-743.png

Looks like you have the default airport bleeding through.
Download from here and paste the exclude file in your Miami scenery folder.
https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files

Also, ensure that there are no active airport ADE, CVX or objects files from Orbx T.E. Florida.
In the folder ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_!FL_05_SCENERY\scenery, find anything with KMIA and re-name to .off

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Looks like you have the default airport bleeding through.
Download from here and paste the exclude file in your Miami scenery folder.
https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files

Also, ensure that there are no active airport ADE, CVX or objects files from Orbx T.E. Florida.
In the folder ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_!FL_05_SCENERY\scenery, find anything with KMIA and re-name to .off

I just checked the exclude product file but did not see one for Miami X.  I will check out the Orbx and turn to off, what I see for KMIA...and thank you!  I see what you mean now...the roof of the terminal...and just renamed in the Orbx Folder: to....

KMIA.bgl.off

KMIA_CVX.bgl.off

Did the exclude for LatinVFR KMIA

I hope that that does it for KMIA.  Thanks!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Well, I see actually, now that it has been brought to my attention, that even with the BGL Exclude files..there are still some black out textures or textures not showing up in some v4.x scenery installed in v5.x   I guess you have to live with that...and enjoy what does show up as normal.  In Miami City X, there are some buildings that are black. They have windows, but in running it in v4.5, I see that those buildings (some, not all) have some nice outside textures to them, that are not being displayed within v5.x   I wonder now how many other sceneries not specifically tweaked for P3D v5.x are also affected.

I guess you want to buy only scenery and airports that specifically state they were created for v5.x so as to display properly in all assets.

Very generous to have this available for free!

I don't have ORBx installed, and I'm running this on P3Dv5.3HF2, but I'm getting default terminal buildings coming through at KMIA.  I tried to add an exclude to the AFX_KMIA.bgl file using ADE, but it just errors on compile.  

Anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

Very generous to have this available for free!

I don't have ORBx installed, and I'm running this on P3Dv5.3HF2, but I'm getting default terminal buildings coming through at KMIA.  I tried to add an exclude to the AFX_KMIA.bgl file using ADE, but it just errors on compile.  

Anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks,

Daniel

A bit above you have a link to a finished exclude file from iniBuilds.

ADE compile problem: This looks to me, that you have ADE not properly configured. If you want to use it more, you need to go through the settings and check paths. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

A bit above you have a link to a finished exclude file from iniBuilds.

ADE compile problem: This looks to me, that you have ADE not properly configured. If you want to use it more, you need to go through the settings and check paths. 

That was for LatinVFR KMIA, and unfortunately I tried it and it does not work for this scenery.  In fact, all it excludes is the Miami X KMIA terminals, leaving the default airport terminal buildings.

Not sure if anyone has any other ideas?

Edited by Daniel Baker

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

That was for LatinVFR KMIA, and unfortunately I tried it and it does not work for this scenery.  In fact, all it excludes is the Miami X KMIA terminals, leaving the default airport terminal buildings.

I have LatinVFR Miami, and you are right...it only (that exclude file from the pointed out site) gave me back the large Terminal building roof, that was showing grey in my original pic. There are other buildings in the LatinVFR Miami terminal properties, that are still being overrun with default or that of Orbx T.E. Florida.  I also rendered the two Orbx T.E. Florida KMIA files as KMIA.(whatever).bgl, to lgb.  That didn't take care of the other buildings that are still affected.  It seems to me, that one would need to buy only an airport or scenery that is STATED to have been created for P3D version 5.x   If it states (on the purchase page that it can be used for P3D 3/4/5...you most likely will have that property not render as intended if used within v5.x

3 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

45 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have LatinVFR Miami, and you are right...it only (that exclude file from the pointed out site) gave me back the large Terminal building roof, that was showing grey in my original pic. There are other buildings in the LatinVFR Miami terminal properties, that are still being overrun with default or that of Orbx T.E. Florida.  I also rendered the two Orbx T.E. Florida KMIA files as KMIA.(whatever).bgl, to lgb.  That didn't take care of the other buildings that are still affected.  It seems to me, that one would need to buy only an airport or scenery that is STATED to have been created for P3D version 5.x   If it states (on the purchase page that it can be used for P3D 3/4/5...you most likely will have that property not render as intended if used within v5.x

Easy tutorial on how to use Scruffy Duck's Airport Design Editor to exclude default buildings and objects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJAF63VVvs

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter