Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

Manfred Jahn's C-117D V3 Problems

I just discovered Manfred Jahn's wonderful C-117D. I started with V2 but now I'm flying V3. Incidentally, I have some bootleg time in a C-117D while stationed in Iwakuni in the late 1970s.

Couple of Questions:

The panel contains an ADF but I can't find the ADF needle. Where's it hidden?
The fuel system in the V2 contained 6 tanks with an operative fuel selector panel. The V3 contains 4 tanks but the fuel selector panel has several inop switches. How does one switch from the main to the aux tanks? The tail wheel on the MCAS Quantico paint appears bent when retracted. Is this just within the repaint?

I was a member of the Quantico Flying Club in the late 1970s, joining shortly after the C-117D was retired. Logged lots of hours drilling holes in the sky with one of the club's T-34s.

Thanks for the info.

James M Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

The answer to your ADF needle question is that it is on the RMI.  The button on the left bottom of the RMI switches one needle between VOR 1 and the ADF.  The button on the right bottom switches the other needle between VOR 2 and the ADF.

Thanks Ray.  Any info on the fuel system?

Jim

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)