Fenix A320 - new video

Looks really nice

• Like 15

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Day 1 Purchase for me..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Entering Beta tomorrow! We're almost there gents! 🎉

https://fenixsim.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/ltu.png

Hello everyone!

It’s nice to be able to speak with you again, and I hope everyone has had a good start to the year. Over here at Fenix, the short period of silence over the holidays has truly allowed us to hammer down on the project and start pushing it forward with some pace. With that, we’re really pleased to announce that the Fenix A320 will finally enter Beta tomorrow. 

Over the last 7 months, the aircraft has seen nearly daily use by our dedicated team of Alpha testers. These Alpha testers are not only valued team members, but also type-rated A320 pilots and technicians, working relentlessly to better the aircraft for you all. Some of you may occasionally have spotted one, two, or even flights of three “FNX” callsign aircraft on VATSIM, running cycles and putting the miles on. Then, late last year, we reworked our testing program, moving to a multi-stage Alpha system as the product was evolving at a fantastic rate, but one we felt was more appropriate for a mature Alpha as opposed to a Beta. Tomorrow, this finally changes, as we are now significantly closer to something that feels like an actual product – with updates and fixes being smaller and less impactful overall than the months prior. The scaffolding is slowly coming down, so to speak. So much so, in fact, that it is easy to forget just how much work remains in front of us. Several members of our team are now working 7 days a week to see this project through these latter stages of testing as swiftly as possible, and in conjunction with the relatively sizable Beta team we have assembled, please rest assured that we are working to get this airplane in your hands as soon as possible.

A small note on the Beta team – we’re really proud of the various different experience levels and backgrounds we have managed to assemble in order to give us a holistic idea of the market. Some on the team have never flown an Airbus in a flight simulator before. Others, though, have thousands of hours on the real aircraft. And others yet, thousands of hours maintaining and engineering them. The simulation hobby is made up of a very wide gamut of people – and we’ve done our best to ensure as many different experiences are catered for.

In the process of considering what to show, I went for a walk-around whilst on stand to see if there was anything that highlighted the progress made over the last several weeks; just walking around, looking and listening to the aircraft, was making me truly appreciate how far we’ve come, so I figured sharing that same experience with all of you would be very fitting.

Just do me a favor, and crank the volume up.

[snipped link to above video posted in OP]

Thanks,
Aamir

https://fenixsim.com/2022/01/31/fenix-a320-destination-beta/

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 12

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Great, cannot wait.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

14 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Entering Beta tomorrow! We're almost there gents! 🎉

Hehe, almost.  Beta cold take six months-year....at least it seems to take that long for smaller addons I've been testing

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hehe, almost.  Beta cold take six months-year....at least it seems to take that long for smaller addons I've been testing

Or, they could go the Asobo route and beta test for two weeks before they release. We shall see.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

NAX669.png

Doesn't matter how long it takes....  I rather have a finished and nearly bug free product, than another half-finished one.

Still, can not wait. Day 1 purchase for me as well.

• Like 5

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Or, they could go the Asobo route and beta test for two weeks before they release. We shall see.

Hopefully not hehe.  Regardless, the video does look and sound impressive.  The only thing to make it better would have been a flashlight shining up as they're "walking around."

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Fenix Boulevard is much more sedate than Randazzo Street!

Definitely looking forward to this one. Would be nice to get some more modern passenger aircraft in the sim.

• Like 9

Just give us something, this or the 737, it's the year of the tubes after all. 

• Like 5

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

Just give us something, this or the 737, it's the year of the tubes after all. 

I'm hoping by the end of the year we have this, GSX, and the ASOBO weather overhaul. That'll really be the point where I view MSFS as a masterpiece.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I really hope it will be a lot more detailed than what is coming this year, airliner wise, would be great to have a new high-end standard

Aamir seems to be running Fenix like a regular (not a negative) videogame company. They're on the homestretch and going through a crunch period. I don't think they'll keep that up for six months to a year.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.