Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

WU7 update is live

Just applied it this morning...and everything seems really good. I truly think that now, they have a handle on the updates...and more is being advanced, rather than one step forward, but two steps back. I think we might be truly past that!

I had now a small update (17.92 MB)

WC2IKO1.jpeg

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

All good on the whole here - seems pretty smooth. Colours look are slightly nicer to me on my monitor, and even overcast rainy conditions bit better depicted now, still WIP though with lack of variation, stratus layers etc. 

Anyone found the CJ4 not working? Had CTD when I tried loading it at YMEN? I do use the CJ4 textures mod - so maybe that?

20 hours ago, somiller said:

I flew the TBM mod with WT G3000 last night (after installing WU7 and Australia content) and it worked great. I'll be trying another flight tonight with a more complicated flight plan, so I'll report back on how it worked.

For the first time since SU6 I flew the TBM Mod this morning (w/WT g3000) and it was great!  Whatever the issue was before (couldn't get a proper start) it's gone now.

Randall Rocke

The WU video is unbelievable.  Only one downside: it's so real, you can feel how embarrassing it is to be an England cricket fan from 5000'.

• Like 4

Paul Skol

On 1/31/2022 at 9:26 PM, scotchegg said:

Is it possible to move WUs to other drives using the addon linker? Haven’t actually looked at the file structure for them.

It could be possible, but as each world update is spread across multiple folders \ nested folders such as -

*Installpath*\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-landingchallenge-*

*Installpath*\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-bushtrip-*

*Installpath*\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-australia-point-of-interest

Also including folders within the 'core' *Installpath*\Official\OneStore\fs-base\scenery .. Autogen .. Flights.. etc..  directories , may as well look at relocating the whole shebang to another drive if it's getting too cozy on the drive.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:41 PM, Dutch1 said:

is that where they are? LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Yep, just delete those files...

Faisal Niazi