I did the mini update through store,

then the 19G update through the MSFS installer

But I do not see any update called world update VII

Is this the way it is suppoed to be>?

Are you looking in the Marketplace?
Should be there.

• Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Are you looking in the Marketplace?

Silly that it's first get sent looking for the update.  Then there is a hunt for it.  Got it!  Then what?  After spending time in the obvious, Content Manager (it has been downloaded), you find it in the Marketplace.  Once installed it is then found in Content Manager. 

Who thinks this stuff up?  It's like a #$$%&^%$E$#^  scavenger hunt! 

Microsoft Store?  Why would I punish myself by purchasing another title there?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Certainly a PITA to update, first store, than xbox than MSFS. and I agree , searching where to find the update. SHeesh!

Since Su5 no more hassle with MS-Store/XBOX - at least for me.

Start the sim - be notified about an update - download. Thats all and all in the sim.

In the case of Wu7 - there are essentially two parts. Several updates for the sim in part one and a seperate download for the WU7 Aussie part via the marketplace.

A bit missleading, After part one the loading screen is showing the WU7 (Sydney/POI/Challanges eg.) and suggest you, you have already the WU7.

By any means -  you don't. Check the Content manager, the WU7 is missing.

Go to the marketplace and download WU7 and finaly you are complete. 

Best regards

Detlef

11 hours ago, stratone said:

Since Su5 no more hassle with MS-Store/XBOX - at least for me.

11 hours ago, stratone said:

A bit missleading, After part one the loading screen is showing the WU7 (Sydney/POI/Challanges eg.) and suggest you, you have already the WU7.

By any means -  you don't. Check the Content manager, the WU7 is missing.

Go to the marketplace and download WU7 and finaly you are complete. 

Nice contradiction there, Detlef.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

Silly that it's first get sent looking for the update.  Then there is a hunt for it.  Got it!  Then what?  After spending time in the obvious, Content Manager (it has been downloaded), you find it in the Marketplace.  Once installed it is then found in Content Manager. 

Who thinks this stuff up?  It's like a #$$%&^%$E$#^  scavenger hunt! 

Microsoft Store?  Why would I punish myself by purchasing another title there?

True, by toying with us they think this is makes it seem more of a game

It seems unfathamoble to think a company can develop such a stunningly complex piece of software and yet seem unable to create a simple, straightforward update option.🤓

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

23 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

It seems unfathamoble to think a company can develop such a stunningly complex piece of software and yet seem unable to create a simple, straightforward update option.🤓

It is grocery store mentality.  Put the milk at the most distant rear corner so you have to walk past the beer, snack foods, and candy....   So first we are sent to the Microsoft Store, left to look around.  Get them to spend more time there looking around.  You know, make em log out and back in a couple of times.  Finally, ah, there is the Library.  Then after the download, take em to the Marketplace to find the new content!  Brilliant innovation...  Hope no one got a raise for thing that up.....  It's as old as Methuselah.... 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Whilst I understand most of the commentary so far, I can report that, for the first time, I was able to update my 2 copies of FS 2020, store and steam.  in the store, a little farting about, but just followed the clues then, in steam, 2 clicks and it's all done.  BR

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I also have not been able to capture the ils for a month now

And the sim somethimes just crashes when I turn the AP off to do a manual approach...convenient solution?

Edited by peppy197

why can"t they just make it callled KISS {Keep it SIMPLEand Straight} so confusing

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home