Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

Nvidia driver ver. 511.65 released

Nice driver. Installed it today and let a new P3d config develop, and it provided a nice LONG flight with Zero issues.  Time will tell, but so far, so good.

Stan

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone

I want to ask here if anyone has a good experience because I want to replace a driver.
My Pc: i9 10900KF, Asus RTX 3090, P3Dv5.2Hf2, built in cockpit-ProSim737
But I'm getting switched to P3D v5.3Hf2
i am currently using the 461.09 driver.
Thanks if anyone has a new driver recommended for my configuration

Regards,
Peter

I was just thinking that this is already a "pretty old" driver ... and maybe a newer version might even be "better maybe"

Do driver updates have  any effect on displays?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

17 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Do driver updates have  any effect on displays?

Sometimes I’ve had anti aliasing get better or worse. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The simulator "large display" is a Samsung 65 "Curved UHDT TV 3840x2160 / 60Hz
Really, I would only update the Nvidia driver if the newer driver brought something really better, visuals ...
So I asked if anyone has a newer driver recommended for my configuration

I always update to the latest driver and let nvidia install it.  I've flown about 30 hours with this new driver and no issues with P3dv5.3.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/484306/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-51172-released-24/

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Actually I was referring to the display itself, not cockpit displays.  Bought a new Asus display and the type fonts are not sharp...a tad blurry.  I have two other Asus models next to it (one on the left and right) and one can easily see the difference.  Thought maybe a driver update may help it because it is a newer model?  Just a stab in the error if it would help.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

5 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Bought a new Asus display and the type fonts are not sharp...a tad blurry.

Try using a different port (DP vs HDMI) on the graphics card and / or the monitor and check if you are running at the native resolution of the the monitor. Just a thought and maybe you tried that already.

Johan Pienaar