Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

The best freeware AU airport?

I'd like to fly more of Australia....  I don't even know where to begin.  What's the best GA type of airport on flightsim.to?  And I'll start from there haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, dean01c said:

YADG Aldinga free from Auscene.

That's another good one.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Let's hear more about the gold mine!

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

It's not a freeware, but I just purchase YMHB Hobart from NZA, it's beautiful, but a performance killer on my PC, from 30 to 8-12fps

Thank you everyone...I'm pretty embarrassed that I know almost nothing about Australia.  I know there's an opera house in Sydney haha!  I know some king airs operate in the bush.  (Is that in the western region?)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

27 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thank you everyone...I'm pretty embarrassed that I know almost nothing about Australia.  I know there's an opera house in Sydney haha!  I know some king airs operate in the bush.  (Is that in the western region?)

This might give you an idea.https://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/map/  "The Bush" usually starts about 150 KMS inland from the coast, the further you go, the geography gradually changes and is called "Outback" or the centre of Australia which in area, is about the same size as most of Europe (excluding Russia)

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

50 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

One small fact YMML-YSSY is in the top 5 travelled air routes in the world, could even be top 3 pre-covid.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Here are some answers to typical questions -

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is north in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 90 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Australia? (France)
A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)
A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
A: Only at Christmas.

Q: Are there killer bees in Australia? (Germany)
A: Not yet, but for you, we'll import them.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilisation of vegan hunter gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees.(USA)
A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help? (USA)
A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first, we do not speak American.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Perfect haha that answers most of the questions I had Glenn

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |