Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

Sydney Airport Issue

I have YSSY from orbx, and noticed an update today (I've been using it since the WU with no issues). I installed it, and when I landed I have noticed some very large black and orange triangles covering the whole airport along the taxiways. It doesn't happen in any other airport. I've lodged the issue with them, just thought I'd see if anyone else had had a similar issue before?

1 hour ago, ParaMan said:

I have YSSY from orbx, and noticed an update today (I've been using it since the WU with no issues). I installed it, and when I landed I have noticed some very large black and orange triangles covering the whole airport along the taxiways. It doesn't happen in any other airport. I've lodged the issue with them, just thought I'd see if anyone else had had a similar issue before?

Not sure if this is the culprit, but make sure you uninstall the default YSSY. Search for 'Sydney' to locate it.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Yeah already done. Thanks though.

Edit: I received word back from Orbx, they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Edited by ParaMan

1 hour ago, ParaMan said:

Yeah already done. Thanks though.

Edit: I received word back from Orbx, they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

As a general rule any default airport(Bespoke i think MSFS refers to them as) that gets a make over in WU's and is also a payware airport you should disable/remove it in the content manager in MSFS and also remove the entry from the content.xml. That way when you do the next sim update it will not reinstall again like i found out over the year.

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

I removed the default airport ages ago, and even after the last World Update I was having no problems. There was an update from Orbx today for YSSY that i downloaded, and since then I've had this issue. They seem to be aware of it though, so I assume a fix will be on the way soon.

• Like 1

I have this issue too, just to let you know its not just you 🤪

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I noticed that Orbx offers airport and cityscape sceneries for several Australian cities for less than $10. 

How do these look with the new Australia scenery?

Are they better than the new ASOBO airports? Specifically Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne.

33 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I noticed that Orbx offers airport and cityscape sceneries for several Australian cities for less than $10. 

Are they better than the new ASOBO airports? Specifically Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne.

I thought on release day of wu7 they were all good! But after checking them out closely they are broken. Orbx released a statement that a patch is coming.

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/212242-compatibility-news-regarding-world-update-vii-australia/

tpewpb-6.png

2 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Sorry but I cant speak for the three sceneries you mentioned, only for Sydney Cityscape which I have just purchased post WU7.  I was pretty impressed (as many of us have been) with WU7 but even though Sydney was enhanced, it was still raw in many places. A simple example would be around Circular Quay, where Sydney Cityscape models a busy ferry terminal with iconic ferry's, multiple piers and a cruise liner in port. In WU7 the area looks abandoned and the pier's are merely aerial/satellite imagery sunken into the harbour. Cityscape has roads that actually reach each end of the harbour bridge and a Lunar Park that is as creepy as it is in real life 🙂. While the WU 7 update is enhanced by some of the more familiar and obvious Cityscape buildings, it is lacking most of them simply using autogen for the rest. That's a shame, because walking around Sydney IRL, there are many interestingly designed buildings and I was pleased to see many of these faithfully replicated in Sydney Cityscape. Outlying areas get a bit of a tickle up in Cityscape as well like Manly for example with the ferry at the pier and a few more realistic buildings as you meander to the beach. But I suppose it depends on what level of detail you are seeking. Looking at Sydney from 2000 feet in WU7 is a wonderful experience for those who have never been there but if you want to appreciate a bit more detail or if you know Sydney, then Orbx's Sydney Cityscape, one of their first ones I think, is well worth the few dollars to see the extra detail that WU7 doesn't include. I would expect this to be a similar theme in the other city's you have mentioned.

Edit: The OP was of course discussing Sydney Airport and Orbx have provided some guidance with all their products that might experience a conflict with WU7. What I can say is that when I ran up Sydney Cityscape, post WU7 update, I did not have any issues with it.  

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Just updated YSSY via Orbx Central to 1.5.0

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Yeah they've put out another update today and now the problem is all sorted.

• Like 2