Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

With Aeroplane Heaven Joining the Freeware Club...

...P3D is looking better than ever! I like their C-47/DC-3 (which I purchased) and will be happy to try whatever else they offer that looks interesting. Like Liberace, I'll laugh all the way to the bank while everyone is crying from the dust in their eyes carving the gravestone for P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

If you want a decent c47 check out Manfred Jahns free version on sim out house! Beats the socks off of AH version IMO. There is a PBR version also! 

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/110739-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-Time-for-a-new-thread?p=1142169&viewfull=1#post1142169

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117492-P3D-v4-5-Douglas-C47-RAF-KN660-zip?highlight=douglas

😎 Bully. 

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 minutes ago, djbully said:

If you want a decent c47 check out Manfred Jahns free version on sim out house! Beats the socks off of AH version IMO. There is a PBR version also! 

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/110739-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-Time-for-a-new-thread?p=1142169&viewfull=1#post1142169

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117492-P3D-v4-5-Douglas-C47-RAF-KN660-zip?highlight=douglas

😎 Bully. 

If you can find it, look for v 16…even better, also by MJ…this is my go to aircraft….popular among my fellow pilots at www.dc3airways.net. New pilots always welcome 

and, for those interested we have begun recreating the 1948 Berlin Airlift with a series of MULTIPLAYER flights.

sherm

• Like 1

FSX and P3d ( All versions )
Please note that we no longer build for or support FSX or P3D. WHAT!!! This can't be. 😌 You will find all our previous releases for these simulators as FREE DOWNLOADS, exclusively at ORBX shortly, but please remember, there will be NO SUPPORT for those products.

2 hours ago, TuFun said:

FSX and P3d ( All versions )
Please note that we no longer build for or support FSX or P3D. WHAT!!! This can't be. 😌 You will find all our previous releases for these simulators as FREE DOWNLOADS, exclusively at ORBX shortly, but please remember, there will be NO SUPPORT for those products.

like they provided support anyway, their arguments where "it works on my system so its just your system" or "thats the way its supposed to be" or just blow you off

• Upvote 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I think I may just have a look at the P3Dv4 version of the Sabreliner.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Frankly, I consider this a degree of generosity. AH could have simply dropped and deleted the whole line of fsx and P3d products from future accessibility. To my mind, they deserve a thank you for at least making their stuff available for free. Of course I would prefer to see this and similar companies continue product development, but the commercial market is what it is.

Sherm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

...P3D is looking better than ever! I like their C-47/DC-3 (which I purchased) and will be happy to try whatever else they offer that looks interesting. Like Liberace, I'll laugh all the way to the bank while everyone is crying from the dust in their eyes carving the gravestone for P3D.

It's good as long as nothing changes in P3D that causes compatibility issues - I don't imagine that will happen any time soon, but it it does the lack of support may become an insurmountable issue.

This is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC news!

I was about to get C-119 anyway. Now it's free.

Does anyone know how about P3D v5.3 compatibility for all these great airplanes?

&

ugcx_banner.png

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

It's good as long as nothing changes in P3D that causes compatibility issues

I'm happy with P3Dv5.2 and unless updates become mandatory, I don't see a problem. If P3D eventually evolves into some can't miss upgrade experience I'll reassess, but I think that is always going to depend on what you want from the sim. Frankly, I don't see classic jets in the future of any either P3D or MSFS. There's just not the interest as the hobby ages. So I'll probably sit tight.

9 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

Frankly, I don't see classic jets in the future of any either P3D or MSFS.

》JustFlight has entered the chat...

747-200, Fokker F28, A300-B4 under development for P3D.

Same 3 again, plus BAe 146 in the pipeline for MSFS.

Other devs:

DC Designs Concorde for MSFS. FSLabs Concorde for P3D.

TFDi MD-11 for P3D.

Not forgetting that PMDG already released their DC-6 on MSFS.

I think that's a pretty good selection of classics, no? 🙂

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, sholay said:

This is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC news!

I like your enthusiasm but I have a hard time seeing it as ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC news that yet another 3rd party developer is leaving the sinking ship. I also don't see it as ASOLUTELY FANTASTIC news that at any point all of these addons wil become a permantent brick if LM changes anything that makes them inompatible.

Also, the word we're looking for here is abandonware, not freeware.

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

》JustFlight has entered the chat...

Same 3 again, plus BAe 146 in the pipeline for MSFS.

Other devs:

DC Designs Concorde for MSFS. FSLabs Concorde for P3D.

TFDi MD-11 for P3D.

Not forgetting that PMDG already released their DC-6 on MSFS.

I think that's a pretty good selection of classics, no? 🙂

FSLabs Concorde for V5 is also not too far off the horizon, that and the 747 Classic and A300 will keep me on P3D for some time to come

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Not the Fokker, I'm afraid.

• Like 1