Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Sticking with P3DV5 even with the developers leaving

(...) I'm quite amazed of the many things they are achieving with the A320 (given the "platform" it is running onto), and I'm even a little sadden they seem to be completely left aside even though they've proven they are probably mastering the JS/HTML and the system simulations at least equally as well in my opinion (if not better) than some others who are much more privileged right now.

True, but nothing out of the ordinary and mostly focused in integration with SimBrief and such when navigation is way more important and it is (at present) very very poor. I know because i DO use it occasionaly. Priorities, i guess...

I know people protect the FBW320 like a God, i'll just leave it at that and silently retire to somewhere else.

Again, bad choice of words probably, people these days are just over-sensitive, my apologies.

BTW, i own your RXP GTN750 for P3D, and i want to take the opportunity to thank you for that. Real fine product!

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

True, but nothing out of the ordinary and mostly focused in integration with SimBrief and such when navigation is way more important and it is (at present) very very poor. I know because i DO use it occasionaly. Priorities, i guess...

I know people protect the FBW320 like a God, i'll just leave it at that and silently retire to somewhere else.

Again, bad choice of words probably, people these days are just over-sensitive, my apologies.

BTW, i own your RXP GTN750 for P3D, and i want to take the opportunity to thank you for that. Real fine product!

Sure, nothing out of the ordinary.  Like I said, there is some very valid criticism of MSFS already covered here and then there is just inaccurate information.  You are obviously not following what the team at FBW is actually doing.  Honestly, there are enough VALID reasons for people in this forum to stick with P3D and then there is just people saying things that are inaccurate for the sake of piling on I guess.  Sure, nothing out of the ordinary having all of this for free as a community offering while they continue to push the MSFS boundaries and all very Ctrl-E

https://flybywiresim.com/notams/cfms-vnav/

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

@Nuno Pinto instead of writing Control+E you should say "gamepad people". Same thing?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

While I think the FBW Airbus is a significant improvement on the default A32NX in MSFS, do we really need such a looooong infomercial in the P3D forum?!

Surely a link to their website would be sufficient?

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If the 3rd party developers who left p3d looked at threads like these, they will surely not regret their decision. I would not like to work with a user base with this kind of attitude.

3 hours ago, psolk said:

Free and Premium versions available

Thanks for your helpful reply and link. 

7 minutes ago, Multisim said:

If the 3rd party developers who left p3d looked at threads like these, they will surely not regret their decision. I would not like to work with a user base with this kind of attitude.

Good thing you don't work for Asobo then. Plenty of criticism on the official MSFS forums whenever something doesn't work.

And yet, for all the grass is greener over in the MSFS market, a few developers have admitted that sales for their products for MSFS are nowhere near as high as they were expecting.
Given the prevalent demographic of flight simmers, (retired and usually with a relatively healthy disposable income for hobbies), perhaps worth keeping this group of purchasers happy. Some developers seem to have recognised this and are continuing to develop for more than just the one flight sim platform. And, if it is to be believed, one will even be creating scenery in P3D for the first time.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

42 minutes ago, F737NG said:

While I think the FBW Airbus is a significant improvement on the default A32NX in MSFS, do we really need such a looooong infomercial in the P3D forum?!

Surely a link to their website would be sufficient?

Fair point should be edited...  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

39 minutes ago, Multisim said:

Newsflash there is nothing unique about the p3d user base compared to other flight sim user bases.  Why do you keep coming to this forum if it bothers you so much?

• Like 9

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Well, it is mostly, and what's wrong with that? FS98, FS9, FSX were the exact same when they appeared. The most funny case is the FBW 320 which people claim to be the next big thing while it is about the same as the default when systems come into play, but i digress...

This amazes me as well. The community can be so nitpicky about the smallest things when it comes to systems accuracy and then when it comes to MSFS and the FBW they're just... okay with it. I'm used to the FSLabs. I've tried the FBW a few times. There's just no way I can live with its shortcomings. I appreciate the effort they put in but oh god... some of the basics are just so poor.

• Like 4

On a side note......another quick P3Dv4 flight completed this evening in the PMDG Boeing 737-700w NGX at EGCN Doncaster Sheffield. One of four different 737s that I am thoroughly enjoying flying at the moment, and not a "u" or "3" in sight :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

And yet, for all the grass is greener over in the MSFS market, a few developers have admitted that sales for their products for MSFS are nowhere near as high as they were expecting.

They have? Fascinating.

Which developers would this be?

24 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

They have? Fascinating.

Which developers would this be?

I remember FlyTampa stated that devs set lower prices for MSFS compared to P3D because they expected much bigger sales numbers but that it didn’t turn out that way.  

Now they’re stuck with the low pricing model but the sales aren’t actually fantastic. 

Edited by flycln

6 hours ago, RXP said:

Speaking of "way back then", we're a few weeks away from our first product release 20 years ago, the Apollo GPS. This has been an incredible journey with you all ever since and I feel privileged and blessed to have the chance to meet everyone of you virtually or in real life. I thank you for your enduring journey with RXP, and I hope we'll continue to provide you many more hours of enjoyment and authenticity with our future products!

Thank you for the 20 years Jean-Luc. I fondly remember your early products especially the JL2 and JL4 .

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

16 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

@Nuno Pinto instead of writing Control+E you should say "gamepad people". Same thing?

How  could we do otherwise than starting our aircraft with Control E as the MSFS birds have no virtual cockpit and cannot but be driven in external view  😆 ? 

About the FBW 320 that I am not much interested in (I fly aircraft in the sim, I am not flown by them). Whatever its system depth, people love it because a great bunch of guys spend their free time for the community and users have the feeling to participate, day after day, to a common adventure with the progression of the aircraft toward excellence. Good vibes. Hard to understand ? 

About Flytampa. I don’t trust hearsay that start urban legends so you’d better quote FT to be credible. Just a couple of remarks anyway :

- Athens, for instance,  is 18 bucks for MSFS and 24 bucks for P3D. More or less the price difference of a mild sale. I am doubtful that such a slight difference might greatly increase the sales.

- What does negatively impact sales for such a product in MSFS  is the massive amount of freeware of some quality that exploded with the release of Asobo’s baby. The problem is here. It is a challenge for scenery makers, not easy to deal with I presume. I love to fly the skies of Greece and what is available right now in the freeware offer is enough for me. Adding that selling cheap gives the feeling that the product is not worth more even if it is a great product (it is). I wonder whether they shouldn’t on the contrary raise their price to install the brand as premium…

A last remark. Any thread which raises the question of the massive outflow of simmers to MSFS brings first denials and then its open season on the latter with absurd and laughable criticisms ( see first paragraph as an example). And oh yes, open season on developers too who dare to make a few bucks. I’d love to see  vision on how P3 D should evolve to regain its market share with us, the consumers. Is it too much to ask ? Or are you sooo satisfied with v5 (and v4 hey Christopher) that you can’t imagine anything better 😉 ? 

I certainly hope to see a V6 which will learn from the last couple of years, not a V5+. I’d hate to see Redmond install a monopoly on the flight simulation home market.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam