Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Using RXP instead of F1 750

Hi Guys,

I have just started using the RXP 750 but also own the F1 version as all of Carenado (or most) and A2A have panel tools for them...

Once the F1 version is installed I keep getting incompatible simulator version. I understand F1 are no longer updating it so my Prepar3d v5.3 HF2 (current version) can no longer use it.

Using the info I open the add ons drop down menu and select RXP panel configuration and follow all the steps including ticking no bezel...It installs the 750 but in the 530 so have all those knobs etc but the 750 screen...

Is there a workaround for this so I get the whole 750 installed not a hybrid..

Dave

Hi Dave,

I too had to leave the F1 GTN750 & 650 behind for the same reason--incompatibility and no longer updated to latest P3D 5.3 hotfix 2

In using the panel configuration tool to install the RXP GTN 750, you will need to install it where the F1 GTN 750 is already located.in the aircraft panel. If you're installing RXP's 750 into a Carenado aircraft that has the GNS 530, you will get the "hybrid" version as you called it. My understanding is the 530 bezel with the knobs is coded in the aircraft model so there is no real work around. If you have the GTN 750 screen showing, then you may need to "toggle" a 750 "popup". In most Carenado aircraft, the GNS 530 will toggle into a popup using your mouse pointer and clicking onto the 530. I hope someone else will chime in and possibly give you a better answer.

You mentioned A2A as well. I just installed the RXP GTN 750 into several of my A2A aircraft that did have the F1 GTN750.

Edited by RXP

There was an .xml workaround for this here in the RXP FSX/P3D forum and perhaps it could be adapted for xPlane.  Go into the FSX/P3D GTN forum and it is the pinned topic 3rd from the top.  Also see if there is any on-the-fly feature for the Carendo xplane models to turn off 3D knobs.  There is in FSX/P3D.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot I believe the OP was in the wrong forum and I've moved it back.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)