Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Upcoming Aircraft for X-Plane

Is there a website that provides an ongoing list of aircraft in the works for X-Plane? I was thinking of something like the list that MSFSAddons.com offers.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

That i don't know Laurie. I was in touch with Dan Klaue from Thranda, last year and told him what planes i was looking for. He didn't tell me much .He told me about the time frame for developing an aircraft.I think i mentioned to him about the Cessna 408 Skycourior which is now in production, Lets see what happens. Thanks for the heads up regarding  Thranda   Randall  .  Happy flying gents.

Edited by Paul Deluca

The problem is twofold - first a lot of designers stay quiet until they have something substantial to show. Both to control hype (not start it too early) and also to not give competitors any new ideas so they may start on the same aircraft.

Second there is a bit of a slowdown in development for X-Plane right now, some designers have gone where the picking is more rich (MSFS), some are waiting to see how XP12 pans out, both in new aircraft development requirements and public reception.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Jan, There are planes that should be in X Plane,  but none have been produced. Boeing 717, Short Brothers SD 3-360, Dehavilland Dash-7, and a classic  small seaplane, Lake LA-4 Buccaneer. Dornier  228 Ng  and a 328 purejet.

• Like 1

There is a lot of anticipation for the up-and-coming MD-11 - main site here with more screenshots. https://rotatesim.com/ 

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 3

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

6 hours ago, Doering said:

Is there a website that provides an ongoing list of aircraft in the works for X-Plane? I was thinking of something like the list that MSFSAddons.com offers.

If you’re feeling adventurous the Colimata Concorde is well established...

https://store.x-plane.org/Concorde-FXP-version-2_p_1503.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you’re feeling adventurous the Colimata Concorde is well established...

https://store.x-plane.org/Concorde-FXP-version-2_p_1503.html

Thanks Ray! That one is just a touch heavy to tackle right now! 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

4 minutes ago, Doering said:

Thanks Ray! That one is just a touch heavy to tackle right now! 

Going from a Beaver to Concorde is quite a leap I grant you. Maybe once you graduate to Boeing or Airbus this would be the ultimate test.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For sure Bjoern. There are a few good freebies showing up in . Org. Project 76 is one of them. A Boeing 767 -300. Sparks is on that team. Starvingpilot with his Metroliner. Etc.

I see Thranda is progressing  on the Cessna Caravan project for XP 11, and 12. Looking good so far.

Edited by Paul Deluca