Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG on demand for P3D products

6 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Really?

Yes, really.

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

12 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

You can embrace the future and enjoy the amazing advances/experiences new sims give you or stick with the familiar and go the way of FSX. At least now Microsoft has given you a choice. 

I choose to not to have to choose!

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

I choose to not to have to choose!

Good for you 🙂

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

12 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

I realize this is the P3D forum and for many many many years P3D has served me well. However, If you believe that P3D has a future in the causal simmer market then you are kidding yourselves. 

You can shout at PMDG all you like, the market dictates development and they are a business. The tech in other simulators is already miles ahead and development continues at breakneck speed. LM does not care as we are not their bread and butter. 

You can embrace the future and enjoy the amazing advances/experiences new sims give you or stick with the familiar and go the way of FSX. At least now Microsoft has given you a choice. 

I don’t think anyone is arguing this. I think it’s the fact that RR is talking about slow sales for a platform for which his company has released next to nothing in the last few years. 

The people who want the NGXu/777/747 already have them. 

I believe MSFS is the future (at least as long as P3D doesn’t make a giant leap forward), but that doesn’t meant P3D is a dead platform. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

They haven’t released anything new worth buying since the NGXu. Of course sales aren’t great. The 777 expansion was ridiculously overpriced. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rocketlaunch said:

I realize this is the P3D forum and for many many many years P3D has served me well. However, If you believe that P3D has a future in the causal simmer market then you are kidding yourselves. 

You can shout at PMDG all you like, the market dictates development and they are a business. The tech in other simulators is already miles ahead and development continues at breakneck speed. LM does not care as we are not their bread and butter. 

with talk like this Mr. Abrams Tank is going to ask for your number and maybe take you to dinner.  

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I continue to struggle to understand why it "appears" that some folks seem want P3D to fail. Just an observation, but maybe I am just missing something.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 7

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Is as if the MSFS fanboi enjoy developers leaving the P3D market and come here and tell us that the other sim is the future. Good for you.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Jon123 said:

That is the end of road for PMDG in P3D.

It's crazy times for sure.  Heck.  with all the competition now at MSFS, in theory it could be end of the road for PMDG.  You never know.  Innovators keep innovating.  I mean look at the fenix and the airbus they've made.  Nobody a few years ago would have seen a serious competitor to fslabs.  Or who knows.  This time next year it could be clear that xp12 is on final approach to be the winner in the entertainment airliner market.  tons of uncertainty right now

• Like 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

22 minutes ago, micstatic said:

It's crazy times for sure.  Heck.  with all the competition now at MSFS, in theory it could be end of the road for PMDG.  You never know.  Innovators keep innovating.  I mean look at the fenix and the airbus they've made.  Nobody a few years ago would have seen a serious competitor to fslabs.  Or who knows.  This time next year it could be clear that xp12 is on final approach to be the winner in the entertainment airliner market.  tons of uncertainty right now

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Mo45

27 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I continue to struggle to understand why it "appears" that some folks seem want P3D to fail. Just an observation, but maybe I am just missing something.

Cheers, Pete

Sunk Cost Fallacy. You see it on both sides. 

• Upvote 1

As time go by  i find myself more and more interested in the DC6 and Concorde for P3DV5. 

I do have DC6 currently installed in V4 but havent touch that since v5 so i might just leave it there. 

I also might update the Dash8.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael,

Use the reg edit method and install in into v5.  Last PMDG I'll ever buy.  I wonder what happened to GFO...  Promises made and not kept...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

29 minutes ago, flycln said:

Sunk Cost Fallacy. You see it on both sides. 

I suppose there is definitely some truth to that.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot