Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG on demand for P3D products

1 hour ago, neilhewitt said:

. I remember well the FSX (and P3D) performance issues and I remember FS9 fondly for its stellar performance on the hardware of the day when FSX came out (though, IIRC, wasn't it also criticised when it first came out for poor performance on the systems of *that* day? 

With my 9 year-old rig (see sig) I have just flown the Milviz Corsair  over a densely populated area of Japan, tons of autogen buildings plus photogrammetry, plenty of clouds,  without a blink at 30 fps.Never saw that in 40 years of simming.  MSFS, performance on an old jalopy.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

In Other Areas of PMDG:
In other areas of PMDG, here are a few things that are actively afoot:

We are preparing to beta test a pretty significant update to the 747 product line for P3D users. Quite a bit of initial testing has already been accomplished, but another round is needed in order to vet changes to LNAV and the flight director control laws that have been implemented. We are hoping to get positive feedback from our testers and then the update will roll out to users via the Operations Center. I will obviously let you know it is available with an announcement.

I don’t know how many times Randazzo has now said the LNAV update is now been given to testers and if it’s good, they’ll release it after. 

I have read this first quite a few months ago. 

I would treat Randazzo’s promises as what they are. Pure marketing. 

He’s been talking about this update coming “soon” for more than a year. And remember the 777 cockpit update that’s coming in 2021… oh wait… never. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, simbol said:

if they like P3D fine.. let then enjoy.. if they like XP11 perfect let them enjoy it.. if they like MSFS, fine let them be happy with it, what matters is to stick to what you like,

Hi my friend

Agreed !

And trying to convince people entrenched in their preference is indeed futile. Being on forums a very long time has taught me that much.  But it also helps open-minded fellow simmers to correct erroneous statements most often coming from, politely said, ignorance.

MSFS is obviously not perfect and the SDK has room from improvement.But no need to parrot misinformation.

Now coming back to the developers leaving P3D, I’ d say that if PMDG or Milviz were sentimental about leaving this user base, they are not anymore if they have read the couple of recent threads here. The level of unpleasantness thrown at them certainly won’t encourage them to come back. People are unhappy because they leave but call them liars and greedy  😂.  

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, flycln said:

He’s been talking about this update coming “soon” for more than a year. And remember the 777 cockpit update that’s coming in 2021… oh wait… never. 

Same as the Aerosoft connected flight deck.  Both Aerosoft and pmdg are full of word not allowed 

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/10/2022 at 1:11 PM, micstatic said:

Randazzo gets heat for things he says. An example is charging an arm and a leg for the 777-200er. And saying a virtual cockpit update will be coming. It appears that was never true. A lot of people bought the er just because of that 

On 2/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, micstatic said:

Also I’m not the one who said I was going to update the vc for the 777. That was all rsr 

19 hours ago, flycln said:

PMDG have said right from the beginning when the 777 VC update for P3D was announced that it will come when the 777 is being worked on for MSFS as it will be part of the MSFS development and then pushed into P3D also. Since the 777 isn't anywhere near being released for MSFS it's obvious why the 777 VC update for P3D isn't a thing yet. They also never said it was coming in 2021. I keep seeing this being used as an argument but it's completely misinformed.

• Like 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

20 hours ago, flycln said:

would treat Randazzo’s promises as what they are. Pure marketing. 

Same as MS and Asobo do What they do not tell you is what an update will break, that is for you to find out. And you have no choice on base updates they are compulsory. 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

22 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Agree, my issue with MS/Asobo was that they specifically blocked a feature that worked prior to SU5.  MS marketplace reps response was “not a good fit” … months of work and money wasted.  

So you're permanently leaving because of this issue? And stick to P3D, because unlike Asobo, LM really listen to the community, never breaks anything, respond to bug fixes, discuss solutions and feature requests with the community, fixes bugs in a timely manner, publishes roadmaps, really cooperates with 3rd party developers and so on?

Isn't it strange that the developers who do nothing but bash MSFS in every aspect all day long and has been doing so even since the first beta saw the light of day, are the same people who claim that they don't get the attention and respect from Asobo that they deserve. While other developers are moving along just fine,  with respect and understanding that MSFS is still a fairly new software. Go figure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

PMDG have said right from the beginning when the 777 VC update for P3D was announced that it will come when the 777 is being worked on for MSFS as it will be part of the MSFS development and then pushed into P3D also. Since the 777 isn't anywhere near being released for MSFS it's obvious why the 777 VC update for P3D isn't a thing yet. They also never said it was coming in 2021. I keep seeing this being used as an argument but it's completely misinformed.

Randazzo on 9 Jan 2021: "We are planning a full virtual cockpit replacement and work on that is underway but will take half the year to accomplish."

No mention of it being connected to any MSFS work.

On 25 Dec 2020 he mentioned that a completely NEW version replacing the current P3D 777 product will be worked on when they get around to working on the MSFS product. This had nothing to do with improving the current P3D 777 cockpit. This was about an entirely new version of the 777 built from the ground up.

Get your facts straight at least.

Edited by flycln

21 hours ago, flycln said:

Newsflash: he represents a commercial company that wants to sell you products in exchange for money.

• Like 2

Just now, Multisim said:

Newsflash: he represents a commercial company that wants to sell you products in exchange for money.

Exactly. Which is why I always find it bizarre when people on this forum act as spokespersons or spin doctors for Randazzo.

• Like 3

It's amazing that the P3D community have always defended LM's lack of moving forward and inability to fix bugs by saying that P3D is just the base and it's the 3rd party developers who make it good. Now the P3D community is pretty much giving all the 3rd party developers the finger and even seem to feel good about it.

As mentioned before, with a community with this kind of attitude against the 3rd party developers, I don't think they regret leaving.

5 minutes ago, Multisim said:

It's amazing that the P3D community have always defended LM's lack of moving forward and inability to fix bugs by saying that P3D is just the base and it's the 3rd party developers who make it good. Now the P3D community is pretty much giving all the 3rd party developers the finger and even seem to feel good about it.

As mentioned before, with a community with this kind of attitude against the 3rd party developers, I don't think they regret leaving.

And you forget when and how the community the day MSFS was announced yelled at every single P3D 3rd party developer using incredible harsh terms I must add, expressing how they would never buy anything else ever again for P3D because MSFS would have everything they dreamed of..

2 years later.. here we are.. now they complain 3rd party devs abandoned P3D.. I could argue from the other side of the coin, the community forced them out and now they are regretting it?

S.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

And you forget when and how the community the day MSFS was announced yelled at every single P3D 3rd party developer using incredible harsh terms I must add, expressing how they would never buy anything else ever again for P3D because MSFS would have everything they dreamed of..

2 years later.. here we are.. now they complain 3rd party devs abandoned P3D.. I could argue from the other side of the coin, the community forced them out and now they are regretting it?

S.

I've never  spent more money on P3D addons than I did in 2021. Broad brushes and so on.

16 hours ago, flycln said:

I've never  spent more money on P3D addons than I did in 2021. Broad brushes and so on.

Haha me too, after I was so disappointed by MSFS. Spent literally thousands of euros in 2021 on P3D stuff.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, flycln said:

Randazzo on 9 Jan 2021: "We are planning a full virtual cockpit replacement and work on that is underway but will take half the year to accomplish."

No mention of it being connected to any MSFS work.

On 25 Dec 2020 he mentioned that a completely NEW version replacing the current P3D 777 product will be worked on when they get around to working on the MSFS product. This had nothing to do with improving the current P3D 777 cockpit. This was about an entirely new version of the 777 built from the ground up.

Get your facts straight at least.

Communication on this matter has been messy and he's not always been clear about it. However:

"Some folks have asked why we aren't doing a full flight deck overhaul, with rainmaker and a bunch of other animation/immersion features- and perhaps my comments on that topic are being overlooked so i'll restate them here: Those features will come in the form of a future, product-wide update that is currently in development in conjunction with the full-product rebuild that has to take place for the MSFS version of the 777."

"The bottom line is that the existing 777 is 7.5 years old and we have improved our model/texture capability quite a bit in that period of time. We are actually at work on a new 777 flight deck using the technology we developed while building NGXu, but it won't be ready until late-summer 2021 at the earliest and it is targeted toward the eventual release of a new 777 version built specifically for MSFS. That product is likely to release in 2022, and I think the natural course of workflow would be to release a new 777 variant for P3D sometime shortly after that... so... perhaps late 2022."

Which is indicating to me what I said earlier. The VC is being built "in conjunction" with the MSFS product re-build and targeted towards that. Given that the 777 for MSFS is far out, even further probably due to the 737 delay, I would assume that's the reason why there is no P3D VC thus far and the 2021 projection is at the earliest, which leaves room for it to be delayed.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD