Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

Is there a way to connect the flight joystick wirelessly

I haven't found a wireless flight joystick, and I think there are none presently. But is there any way to connect the joystick to some device which can be connected to the compute wirelessly?

I think wireless is the future and the way to go. Really wish Thrustmaster and Logitech could see this.

2 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

I haven't found a wireless flight joystick, and I think there are none presently. But is there any way to connect the joystick to some device which can be connected to the compute wirelessly?

I think wireless is the future and the way to go. Really wish Thrustmaster and Logitech could see this.

There would be no way to currently achieve this with existing devices as the devices would still require electricity even if you found a way for the device to communicate with the computer.

I personally do not share the thought process of wireless being the future for flight sim equipment. It doesn't seem compatible with it's use.

You are essentially asking for your device to have more expense and a shorter lifespan to save the few minutes of cable organisation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

Wireless USB hubs have been available for several years and some you can run off a power-brick. They tend to introduce latency to the controller. This probably isn't an issue with slower fixed wing aircraft but will reveal itself with fighter jets and helicopters

• Like 3

Just now, Gadget FPV said:

You could use a Wireless Usb Hub...

How would the device receive power?

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

1 hour ago, Rudiii said:

How would the device receive power?

From the wireless USB hub which is powered

• Like 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png

27 minutes ago, wims80 said:

From the wireless USB hub which is powered

So does the USB hub plug into the PC or the Joystick?

Because either way, I still can't see how electricity makes it to the joystick? 

Edited by Rudiii

1 minute ago, Rudiii said:

So does the USB hub plug into the PC or the Joystick?

The USB hub is connected wirelessly to the PC, but its connected to a power socket to get power. The joystick is connected to the hub

vatsim s3

1133704.png

1 minute ago, wims80 said:

The USB hub is connected wirelessly to the PC, but its connected to a power socket to get power. The joystick is connected to the hub

Oh I get you.

So the connection is only wireless to the PC. You remove the USB cable but replace it with a power cable plugged into the wall socket.

6 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

I think there are none presently

There was a Logitech wireless stick, the Freedom 2.4. I don´t know if it's still in production. It's very similar to the Extreme 3D Pro in functionality.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

20 hours ago, Rudiii said:

Oh I get you.

So the connection is only wireless to the PC. You remove the USB cable but replace it with a power cable plugged into the wall socket.

Or in some cases you can use a power brick (rechargeable battery bank) so not needing AC power

21 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

There was a Logitech wireless stick, the Freedom 2.4. I don´t know if it's still in production. It's very similar to the Extreme 3D Pro in functionality.

Wow there is...was indeed such a product in...windows 98 era! So it's possible, but for some reason it's not welcomed by the market.

Thank yo all for the suggestion. I see no sensible way of doing this currently. What a pity!