Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

Jetstream Design - LICJ taxiway signs above ground

Hey there,

probably anybody already had a same issue.

In LICJ I see the default taxi way signs above the ground.

I already checked ORBX and the scenery layering, everything looks okay to me.

Does anybody have an idea what can cause this?

Seems like, the secnery is not "overwriting" the default one :(

I am on P3D 5.2 HF1

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

There is a patch file available that fixes the issue - you may have to email them to get it as the support forum seesm to be down.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

There's also the option to create an exclusion file with ADE. I remember doing it for this specific airport, but I realized you have to be careful, becasue if you just draw one big rectangle aroundthe airport, many of the houses nearby will vanish as well.

The process is not that hard, maybe 10 minutes of work:

- Load up the AFCAD file in ADE
- Draw smaller exclusion rectangles instead a big one along the runways, then compile with the option "separate BGL" files. You can then just take the "obj.bgl" as exclusion file, copy it to the scenery folder and ignore your compiled AFCAD

I don't know if sharing an exclusion file is allowed here on this forum, but feel free to send me a PM if you want, then I can give you the file I created myself and test if it works for you. (It's just a 4KB big .bgl you have to move to your LICJ scenery folder)

3 hours ago, roesti said:

There's also the option to create an exclusion file with ADE. I remember doing it for this specific airport, but I realized you have to be careful, becasue if you just draw one big rectangle aroundthe airport, many of the houses nearby will vanish as well.

The process is not that hard, maybe 10 minutes of work:

- Load up the AFCAD file in ADE
- Draw smaller exclusion rectangles instead a big one along the runways, then compile with the option "separate BGL" files. You can then just take the "obj.bgl" as exclusion file, copy it to the scenery folder and ignore your compiled AFCAD

I don't know if sharing an exclusion file is allowed here on this forum, but feel free to send me a PM if you want, then I can give you the file I created myself and test if it works for you. (It's just a 4KB big .bgl you have to move to your LICJ scenery folder)

If allowed, could you share/pm that exclusion bgl ?

ty

Paul

I can confirm that JSD can email you a “cvx_excl_taxisigns_LICJ.BGL”  “ to paste into  Prepar3D v5\JetStream Designs\JetStream Designs Palermo LICJ\Scenery. That resolved the issue for me. They were very quick to respond, well done!

I have the same problem with floating signs so used the “contact us” form on their website to request the BGL.

That was two days ago and I haven’t heard back. Could someone give me their email address please or alternatively send me the BGL.

PM me for my email address. Thanks!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have the same problem with floating signs so used the “contact us” form on their website to request the BGL.

That was two days ago and I haven’t heard back. Could someone give me their email address please or alternatively send me the BGL.

Hello Ray,

I sent you a PM with the file I created a while ago for P3D v5. I don't know if it still works because I haven't flown P3D for a very long time. Let me know if it helps.

2 minutes ago, roesti said:

Hello Ray,

I sent you a PM with the file I created a while ago for P3D v5. I don't know if it still works because I haven't flown P3D for a very long time. Let me know if it helps.

I will after I land Concorde at Lisbon. Thanks!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you bought the scenery at Simmarket there should be an update that fixes the floating signs. That is where I got mine from.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

If you bought the scenery at Simmarket there should be an update that fixes the floating signs. That is where I got mine from.

I did but I can't see a separate file to download. Just the full package. But the file from @roesti has solved the problem, thanks!

The problem of black buildings outside the airport perimeter still remains. Is that fixed with a new download?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather