Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Guest jcmckeown

I had a 128 MB video board with FSX RTM and got very regular blurries. I upgraded to a 512 MB board and that solved all the blurries issues.Now, I know this doesn't fix your issue but regardless of whether FSX is RTM or SP1 128 MB of video RAM just doesn't cut it. The minimum spec on the box says it works with 128 MB but it's just not realistic (as with all software).Given the work done on SP1 I'm not surprised you encounter different behaviour than RTM and view this may be viewed as a small regression.JCMK

Guest AirPierre

OK, SP1 installed (after a couple of false starts due to file dates etc.!) but not quite sure if all the files have been updated or not?I found a list of 'changed files' in the forums and a quick look thru shows some files have new date stamps at the time I ran SP1 and others haven't.My question is; Should the changed files ALL have a new date/time stamp?MTIA,

I was not aware that it was necessary to use any disk in order to sim with FSX. I have been running FSX without the need for a disk. Could I have installed a no-CD crack - I don't recall doing so, or that there was even one out.Could someone confirm whether one needs to insert Disk1 or Disk2 after installing FSX-SP1?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest jaapverduijn

There's no need for a CD to run FSX after it has been duly installed and activated.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest AirPierre

STUART: You don't need any disk to use FSX as the 'activation' should take care of that issue?!MANGO: "Night lights" are still missing from default (at least the A321 & B738) that I have checked. These .mdl files remain unchanged after SP1 therefore still do not call the _LM.DDS files required for the lighting of windows & tail. This was reported to ACES some time ago so must have been missed? The night lights referred to are for AI aircraft - the feature from FS9 whereby you can place just one _L.BMP in the main texture file for all aircraft of that type has been returned. That will save me over 7500 files and loads of disk (and loading) space!!General: See above - but you DO need Disk1 to install SP1!

Downloaded the update, but when trying to install i get a message saying its not a valid win 32bit application.

Install went fine without any errors reported. However, I appear to have encountered a texture display problem:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171721.jpgAnyone else with this and, please, how do I resolve it?Thanks.MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2, AMD Athlon 64X2 4800+ (2400MHz)(Toledo), 2GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Ram 3-3-3-8 (2T)(Dual Channel), (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (Catalyst 7.1 WHQL), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" TFT LCD 20ms Digital Monitor (1280x1024x32), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1196 WHQL), WD Caviar SE16 250GB (WD2500KS) SATAII + Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 ATA133 UDMA-6 (320 GB), ASUS DRW-1608P2S Optical Drive, Antec P150 case with NeoHE 430W PSU, CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals and Fighterstick, Plantronics Headset and Mike combo, TrackIR Pro ver. 4.1 (build 29), Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c

Sounds like the download got corrupted, I would suggest trying to download it again.

LOL! Within minutes of posting I had worked out what was happening:In short, the clue is in the power of priorities in the Scenery Library. I had forgotten that I had not reverted back to the default Scenery.cfg as I had reasoned that there was probably no need.All I had to do was uncheck all the 'WORLD_xxxx' entries installed by TileProxy, except for the ones I was interested in and had already cached, and all is now well :)My first impressions of SP1 are very favourable and unhesitatingly I would like to join everyone else by thanking ACES and their Beta Testers for a difficult job very well done!Mike

FSX Forum currently very slow, no doubt due to the interest in SP1, and I must have clicked twice to upload my last post.Sorry!Mike

Guest AirPierre

Well, a false start here again?!I have moved a copy of the _l.bmp file to the FSX/Texture folder and none of the AI aircraft I checked (B738's, A320's etc.) have lights at night. When I put the files back in each folder - lit up like Christmas trees!!Anyone got this 'upgrade' to work please?

Guest unitedpilot36

Like a lot of people, I'm stuck with horrible blurries.;( II've tried Phil's tweaks but no luck.

Guest s0436

I don't see the point of the AI night lights working, when the user/default aircraft still has no external lights.I can see why ACES prioritised on performance over content and cosmetics though, as clearly FPS has been the theme du jour within the community since the product was released last year.

Guest son1cm

Hi,While installing SP1 I get the following error:Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of the assembly "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.publickeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b", version="10.0.61242.0", type="win32", processor/architecture="x86".Please refer to help and support for more information.It then rolls back the installation, has anyone got any ideas on what this is and how I can solve the problem?Thanks inadvance.

I was getting blurry 2D and 3D cockpits, but I reset the planes textures to high and I think it fixed it.Also, getting some graphics corruptions in the plane and on the ground sometimes. Multiple bands of colour shooting up at 45 degrees. I'll try to get a screen.