Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Seems like all of you are testing SP1 with default birds, scenery and weather. I wonder how this thing will perform when you load it up with bunch of add-on aircraft, traffic, weather and scenery? :D

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I've read quite a few complaints about the blurries on the ground. I'm sure there should be some tweak. Bumping in the thread while reinstalling all. :)

Guest dlugatch

>Hi,>>While installing SP1 I get the following error:>>Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of the>assembly>"Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.publickeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",>version="10.0.61242.0", type="win32",>processor/architecture="x86".>>Please refer to help and support for more information.>>It then rolls back the installation, has anyone got any ideas>on what this is and how I can solve the problem?>>Thanks inadvance.I had the same problem and fixed it by turning off AdWatch. I found the solution by Googling error 1935.Good luckNorm

Guest son1cm

>>Hi,>>>>While installing SP1 I get the following error:>>>>Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of the>>assembly>>"Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.publickeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",>>version="10.0.61242.0", type="win32",>>processor/architecture="x86".>>>>Please refer to help and support for more information.>>>>It then rolls back the installation, has anyone got any>ideas>>on what this is and how I can solve the problem?>>>>Thanks inadvance.>>I had the same problem and fixed it by turning off AdWatch. I>found the solution by Googling error 1935.>>Good luck>>NormHi,yeah I tried turning everything off and still get the error so it can't be that with me.Mike.

After installing (which went fine) i did ran a few tests (basic installation, with only a few texture changes (clouds), i noticed a +/-15% FPS increase.Rudders didn't work anymore, unplugging, re-plugging the USB of these solved the issue.Colours of the taxilines now look real and have the correct colour (8800GTS).A lot smoother (probably due to the higher FPS) but i also noticed some stutter now and then.After 3 trial runs with in each an increase in some of the graphics sliders, on the next load, FSX CTD'ed with the message to sent the info to Microsoft. I have never seen this before, the only CTD's i had before (standard FSX) where an occasional memory can't be read or be written error.Need to test a bit more on all the stuff.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

With the FPS slider or unlocked, I get pretty massive frame rate variance say from 15 to 24 while locked... Prior to SP1, if I locked my FPS they would stay at 24ish. Have you guys noticed that the autogen sorta "pops" in and out now. I think that is what is causing the stutters.These findings are also just after my Ultimate Defrag program finished, using high perf, and File/Folder name sorting on my FSX/FS9 drive, 7200rpm WD caviar se16Defragging sped up the loading but not the stutters. It stutters everywhere, big cities, rural areas, etc...I think this is what is happening:FPS are generally increasing for the same settings we had, EXCEPT:The way the cores and stuff process the texture loading is different....we are seeing a lot of blurries with the same settings. Added blurries could easily be directly proportional to FPS.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Jim Knows

Here is a problem I need help with.....FSX without SP1: Downloading static weather or real-world weather, it updates the weather with no error messages.FSX with SP1: Downloading either static weather or real-world weather, I get an error message asking me to check my internet connection or configuration.I am using Win XP MCE (32 bitAny suggestions?

Guest Dave Denhart

MikeI need more information to figure out what's going wrong.The SP1 setup process generates a log file named FlightSimPatchSetup.log. It's located in the %TEMP% directory.If you open up a command-line window and type the command "dir %TEMP%*.log" you'll see the log file in the list of files displayed.It's a large file (> 5MB), but it's text, and compresses nicely into a much smaller .zip file.Please email me that .zip'd log file.Thanks,Dave

Hi, Installed fxsp1 looks nice so far, only prob. as of now, the traffic toolbox and the object placer does not show up in the menue bar. Anyone else have this prob.? thanks.

Guest Dave Denhart

rudderThose addons are FSX SDK addons, and FSX SP1 requires that they are the same version as FSX that you're running (now SP1). I suspect that you've not yet installed the SDK, and so don't yet have the SP1 versions of those addons in place.You can confirm this in a couple of ways, the easiest being this:1. locate the TrafficToolbox.dll or the Object_Placement.dll files.2. Right-click on either one of them. Select "Properties" from the context menu shown.3. Click on the Version (XP) or Details (Vista) tab in the shown dialog.4. The file version shown must be 10.0.61355.0 to work with FSX SP1. The RTM version of these files is 10.0.60905.0.IMPORTANT NOTE: All FSX SDK DLL addons are only designed to work with their respective FSX version. SP1 has safeguard code to prevent the RTM versions of these addons from loading (and crashing) in FSX SP1. The RTM version of FSX *does not* have this safeguard code. Don't use SP1 versions of these addons with FSX RTM; bad things can happen, i.e., FSX crashing.Thanks,Dave

Guest son1cm

>Mike>>I need more information to figure out what's going wrong.>The SP1 setup process generates a log file named>FlightSimPatchSetup.log. It's located in the %TEMP%>directory.>If you open up a command-line window and type the command "dir>%TEMP%*.log" you'll see the log file in the list of files>displayed.>It's a large file (> 5MB), but it's text, and compresses>nicely into a much smaller .zip file.>Please email me that .zip'd log file.>>Thanks,>Dave>Thanks for the help but how can I put an attachment into an email for you, when I click email I only see a space for a message?Mike.

Dave - Still confused by this SDK thing - I have not installed the SDK on my main system. Will I be able to install SP1 without installing the SDK?I've read that some folks can't install SP1 unless they install the SDK first.If that's correct then can I assume the order of install would be:SDKSP1SDK SP1AThanx,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest mket

I had a serious problem with shuddering/stalling(not craft). That is, every so often as I would move around, the view would stall for a few seconds. Then, sort of "catch up". Its most noticeable in a spot view with a long LOD. What I found was the SP1 code now loads all cores (if available) such that core-0 becomes completely loaded (100% utilization). The problem is all single-threaded services, processes, utilities also use core-0. As a result, the system itself is overburdened and almost non-responsive.Reading the notes, I saw that there is job scheduling, assigning core affinity. What I did was to remove core-0 from the scheduling. To do that (its a binary, right-to-left with core-0 being 2^0. Ok, in a quad core, I set the affinity mask value to 14 (hex E, binary 1110). Dual core would be 2 (hex 2, binary 10). Works great now! from sfx.cfg--quad core--binary 1110[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14--dual core--binary 10[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=2--single core--cannot change, only one core :)

Guest Dave Denhart

Sorry, forgot that information.Please send it to my Hotmail dave.denhart account.Thanks,Dave

Guest Dave Denhart

VicYou don't need to install the SDK unless you're wanting to read any of the SDK's documents or use SDK tools or addons.You can simply install the SP1 update, and then later, if you want, you can install the SDK. If you want the SP1a version of the SDK, you'll first need to install the RTM SDK before it.Your proposed sequence will work, but it's also valid to have the SDK install after SP1.Hope this helps.-Dave