Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

what if you disable the frame rate counter from the tray? and use shift-z to show the fps inside FSX?frame rate capped?what about the pre-RTM config tweaks?

Guest GamePlayer

I tried it without using the frame rate counter from ATI Tools and just the FSX frame rate counter and I still get huge variance in frame rate. Tried it with frame rate capped and still the same problem, only it doesn't go past the frame rate I cap it to. What are the pre-RTM config tweaks?

no change to TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTI, or FRAME_FIBER_TIME_FRACTION, or a buffer pools setting, or somethinglike that?there just isnt an apparent pattern so far in the perf failures, except maybe more prevalent on Intel multi-core. Has everyone who is having this tried to walk thru all the allowable affinitymask values to see what no thread scheduling does as well as patterns like no scheduling on zero, scheduling on even, and scheduling on odd? Patterns like that?

Guest MauiHawk

...I mean, textures are loading at least to some degree... for me, I almost think this might be a case where I was looking at it too hard where normally I'm less interested in scouring performance and detail. I still feel they aren't loading as well, but I lowered my target fps a bit and raised my fiber frame a bit since I had some FPS to burn. I went for a nice flight in not so much of a performance scouring mood and was very satisfied overall... even if the textures may not be loading as fast, the extra autogen I can use now covers it up fairly well :D. The popping autogen even stopped bothering me.

Guest Challenger604

10 minutes in every time FSX locks up for me. The whole computer just freezes and i have to power down to reboot. I upgraded my video drivers. Could this be due to the fact that I did not clean install or a driver issue? No problems before SP1

>Has everyone who is having this tried to walk thru all the>allowable affinitymask values to see what no thread scheduling>does as well as patterns like no scheduling on zero,>scheduling on even, and scheduling on odd? Patterns like that?>Interesting, following one of the posts here (if I got it right yet) I changed AffinityMask=3 to AffinityMask=2 on my Core2 Ext. and subjectively my system has run faster. Do you think this can be objectively as well?Thanks.

if this is true, perhaps there is an older variant of Intel multi-core, maybe before the updated memory controller ( in Banias variant from Israel design lab and variants after that iirc ), that doesnt behave as well as more recent variants. if its cache collisions, or something across the memory bus - then perhaps scheduling less might be better.this isnt conclusive, but its worth a try.

>if this is true, perhaps there is an older variant of Intel>multi-core, maybe before the updated memory controller ( in>Banias variant from Israel design lab and variants after that>iirc ), that doesnt behave as well as more recent variants. if>its cache collisions, or something across the memory bus ->then perhaps scheduling less might be better.>>this isnt conclusive, but its worth a try.I don't know, I bought it last August (around the 20th) from Netwegg, X6800 @2.93GHz if it can tell you anything. Didn't go to Israel last 10 years. :)Thanks.

Guest son1cm

>Sorry, forgot that information.>Please send it to my Hotmail dave.denhart account.>>Thanks,>DaveHave sent the email, thanks for the helpMike.

Guest bustervk

After installing SP1 my FPS goes from 20 without panel to 2 with panel (Cessna172)Thanks in advance for any advise.RegardsBert

Guest Airtime

>another thing, what is your level of detail radius?You guys really need to start using at least partial quotes so we know who's problem you are addressing. These threads get huge very quickly, as you well know.Thank youAT

>another thing, what is your level of detail radius?Can anyone pls quote a line in fsx.cfg for this radius here?Thanks.

Guest fireflyfx

What can be done to mitigate autogen pop?

Guest airmail

With SP1 I got serious display corruption after a while in flight. It seems to happen with autogen enabled. I have an ATI 9800 and 2gb ram 2.8ghz cpu. Just refreshed installed FSX + SP1. Fibre at 0.33. 2m ground textures, 76m terrain, smallest detail radius.See images. It flickers around the aircraft and can be seen outside and inside cockpit. It's intermittent and worsen the more autogen/objects is on screen. When I change view it disappear just to come back after a while. Also light blue (water?) rectangles sometimes is seen on the ground. They also disappear when scenery textures autoloads. This never happened before in FSX or FS9.I'm stuck at what to do. Any help appreciated./Matshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171752.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171754.jpg