Sign in to follow this  
Andistio

X-Plane 12 Early Alpha Video

On 2/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, fogboundturtle said:

This is a screenshot I grab from the video. You can see that there is still a whole lot of XPlane 11 autogen and only the airport as the icing model. There is no snow anywhere else.  This is not a good look for them.

It's really a pathetic look for XP12.   Since XP11.x is already well respected for other elements of a mature flight sim, I agree it's kind of bizarre to not showcase what I see as the primary improvements touted to be part of XP12 which really comes down to visuals:  volumetric clouds, improve autogen, etc.  I understand visuals do not encompass all of the areas of focus of course, but the major ones arguably.   In terms of attracting new converts, it will largely come down to visuals since as I say the other elements are already present in XP.  Perhaps this is LR's method to keep people wondering and therefore perhaps following closer.  My sense has always been when trailers from an alpha appear it's often to really amp up interest and excitement, but that clearly isn't happening here.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

What I think you see is different teams working in their corner of X-Plane (11) and showing off what they think is worth it.

So what you see is then always against a background of XP-11 and the featured project.

In the end all the puzzle pieces need to be put together. And probably that is the reason for all those complaints, they are not there yet.

Putting it all together without losing performance will be a long battle.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Noel said:

It's really a pathetic look for XP12.   Since XP11.x is already well respected for other elements of a mature flight sim, I agree it's kind of bizarre to not showcase what I see as the primary improvements touted to be part of XP12 which really comes down to visuals:  volumetric clouds, improve autogen, etc.  I understand visuals do not encompass all of the areas of focus of course, but the major ones arguably.   In terms of attracting new converts, it will largely come down to visuals since as I say the other elements are already present in XP.  Perhaps this is LR's method to keep people wondering and therefore perhaps following closer.  My sense has always been when trailers from an alpha appear it's often to really amp up interest and excitement, but that clearly isn't happening here.  

Maybe for some." Cleary isnt happeing", ye right. I guess some people are still asleep or havnt had there coffee yet. Much improved flight dynamics, better weather better ATC better clouds, moving trees, birds and crickets, updated carrier. no nothing to see here... Not. oh and snow, icy runways that dynamically change with temp from ice to wet.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Noel said:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure propeller aircraft won't accelerate backwards and takeoff backwards in XP12. 😆

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

4 hours ago, Murmur said:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure propeller aircraft won't accelerate backwards and takeoff backwards in XP12. 😆

Oh really is that what XP11 does?  Good, real progress 🤣

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Noel said:

I agree it's kind of bizarre to not showcase what I see as the primary improvements touted to be part of XP12

Thats just because you are new around these parts.

Ben follows the laws of Klingon software development

http://www.jacobsen.no/anders/blog/archives/2003/12/09/klingon_rules_for_systems_development.html

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Maybe for some." Cleary isnt happeing", ye right. I guess some people are still asleep or havnt had there coffee yet. Much improved flight dynamics, better weather better ATC better clouds, moving trees, birds and crickets, updated carrier. no nothing to see here... Not. oh and snow, icy runways that dynamically change with temp from ice to wet.

Clearly not happening in that video was showcasing improvements in visuals--this is ONLY what the comment was about, and I also stated very clearly for those who can read, "I understand visuals do not encompass all of the areas of focus of course, but the major ones arguably...."   Clouds looked awful, and the rest of the scenery circa 2012.  So indeed, this video did not showcase improved visuals in XP12.  And for a flight sim weill know for excellent flight dynamics already I find it interesting flight dynamic there was room to 'much improve' flight dynamics.  We'll alll see, eventually, and I look forward to sampling XP12 when it arrives.  

• Like 1

Noel

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Clearly not happening in that video was showcasing improvements in visuals--this is ONLY what the comment was about, and I also stated very clearly for those who can read, "I understand visuals do not encompass all of the areas of focus of course, but the major ones arguably...."   Clouds looked awful, and the rest of the scenery circa 2012.  So indeed, this video did not showcase improved visuals in XP12.  And for a flight sim weill know for excellent flight dynamics already I find it interesting flight dynamic there was room to 'much improve' flight dynamics.  We'll alll see, eventually, and I look forward to sampling XP12 when it arrives.  

Dude stop trolling and just move on! Your posts are childishness and ungenuine.

Go fly a real plane it's a lot funner and more challenging than trolling here! Trust me 😉

Cheers.......

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

That's trolling eh.  Oh, I see.  I'm out of here anyway because it's really a sick place to spend time.  Bye Bye

• Like 1

Noel

6 hours ago, Noel said:

That's trolling eh.  Oh, I see.  I'm out of here anyway because it's really a sick place to spend time.  Bye Bye

I think you've invented a whole new class of criticism.

Austin:This is my Lancair evolution.

Noel: Its not photoshopped enough 

Austin: Its great, it came like a kit car and now I use it to fly all over the US

Noel: Yeah, but if you dont put CGI cats on the wings when you record videos of it no one but flightsim geeks will like the videos

Austin: Here it is in the flight simulator

Noel: yeah, still not photoshopped enough, there is still no cats.

(Inspiration taken from)

photoshops.png

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

9 hours ago, Noel said:

Maybe not trolling, but demanding that LR will follow the same marketing rules as others is rather rude imo when you are clearly the one not comprehending that this video is meant to, show an aircraft regardless of the background. Doing that again, and again, and again, and yet again for so many months, may guarantee people think you are trolling.

Simple as that, talking about x-plane 12 scenery is currently out of scope, no one saw it yet, when they choose to, they will, then you can judge the goods and the bad of it.

Meanwhile me and many others appreciate those "behind the scenes" videos even though they have bad graphics, if you think it is hurting their marketing, so be it, the final product will eventually come out and do the talking. 

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Noel said:

Oh really is that what XP11 does?  Good, real progress 🤣

No, it what's the competition does. 🤣

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

53 minutes ago, Murmur said:

No, it what's the competition does. 🤣

Correct. Noel doesn't seem to know well "his" beloved software 🤣. Let alone other simulators ...

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

16 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Correct. Noel doesn't seem to know well "his" beloved software 🤣. Let alone other simulators ...

Anyone not doing it the Microsoft way is obviously doing it wrong, and anyone saying otherwise just hates Microsoft.

At least, that's what they basically kept telling me. Over time I have come to accept that they are at least partially right, and I do in fact pretty much hate Microsoft, but it wasn't always that way, I took a lot of convincing by people like Noel and Gulfstream.

Now that I am willing to admit that I do in fact, hate everything MS publishes, its made it much easier to invest in devices like the Apple M1, which I am very grateful to them for pushing me towards, because OMG its fabulous.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

4 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Maybe not trolling, but demanding that LR will follow the same marketing rules as others is rather rude

Good Lord, I wasn't demanding anything--please go read my post again. I was surprised, clearly as fogturtle was whose comment I was responding to, that 'visuals', which clearly are a very big part of the excitement of the upcoming release (new clouds/weather/autogen/pooled water/animated trees/etc), were not showcased at all in this 'early alpha' preview.  I conjectured maybe that was by design to keep people tuned in.  Why others here have to become instantly contentious is sad.  I do not relate to the 'us versus them' mentality stuck in Murmer's and uwespeed's and mSpark's minds.  I've said exactly zero negative things about XP as I've never even used it and may well become a user when XP12 releases. When I make false statements I encourage challenge and feedback.  But that is not what's happening here everything I stated in that comment was accurate or stated as my impression/opinion.  But no can have honest exchange w/o going into attack mode?  One thing is certain:  a few people here make wretched ambassadors for Xplane, which I find surprising as well since clearly there is loyalty and appreciation here for it.  It's a very good thing LR is not depending on this subforum in their marketing strategy.

• Like 2

Noel