Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Impressions on SU8 (Beta)

2 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Ohh, seems i missed smtg. Will try it asap. Thanks Phil !

Please report back if it works Carsten.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Please report back if it works Carsten.

under DX12 not. Trying DX11 now

EDIT: With DX11 and the sound fix my frames are back in the stable 30s ! Thanks again Phil !

Edited by RTK1972
  • Like 3

Carsten U

nigh lighting is finally fantastic, pitch black and felt i was actually flying at night rather then a bright sky most of the time.

• Like 8

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

Has anyone flown the Robert Young Turbo Bonanza (RYTB) with this beta?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I also have Game Mode and HAGS turned on.

Interesting. Please keep us posted as HAGS did tend to cause CTDs in the past.

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Weather has improved, 

What exactly have they fixed?

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

What exactly have they fixed?

Atmosphere seems more alive to me.  Aircraft bouncing around in clouds that look more solid.  A long way to go though because cumulus is still the only cloud type.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Atmosphere seems more alive to me.  Aircraft bouncing around in clouds that look more solid.  A long way to go though because cumulus is still the only cloud type.

Doesn't sound like they've done much to it.  I hope this changes with the final release.  There is alot that needs fixing

Flew the Kodiak around the big island of Hawaii. While the simulator seems smoother, more fluid, the clouds were hovering just above sea level. Like a fog bank, but they weren't. Switched to Weather Force and the clouds at sea level disappeared. Same temperature, same altimeter.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

13 hours ago, peppy197 said:

Hoping it continues

Just finished a flawless flight KORD_CYYC, weather changes enroute very well executed for a simuation

Progressive sunset more realistic than before this beta

So looking good except.....

....at these large airports, there are about 4 airborne airliners than crisscross the sky art intervals and at speeds that must be aroun 500 knots at low altitudes and higher  .....   ODD indeed

13 hours ago, Bilal2104 said:

nigh lighting is finally fantastic, pitch black and felt i was actually flying at night rather then a bright sky most of the time.

Yes night is improving for sure.. Couldn't see the airport 50 miles away in fact even 10 miles out it took a little bit to spot the airport. now THAT is improvement and more like real life! Hopefully they adjust so runway/taxiway lights aren't on during the day unless IFR.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi all who are on the SU8 beta.

Could you please share the first impressions about SU8?. Bugs fixed, performance improvements, etc.?

I've been reading that some mods are conflicting with SU8, but so far haven't seen any thing regarding solved bugs or improvements?.

Thanks,

Why not make up your own mind? The install takes a few minutes and you can test it out for yourself. 

• Like 2

If you go into the Hanger where the camera pans around your aircraft, is that fixed? Since about SU 3 or 4 they messed up the cameras which seemed to go under the floor level at times as it moves around the aircraft exterior. They claim it is now fixed? Perhaps a small issue on the overall sim but shows up their attention to detail.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Has anyone flown the Robert Young Turbo Bonanza (RYTB) with this beta?  

Yes. It's fine.

• Like 2