Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Impressions on SU8 (Beta)

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

If you go into the Hanger where the camera pans around your aircraft, is that fixed? Since about SU 3 or 4 they messed up the cameras which seemed to go under the floor level at times as it moves around the aircraft exterior. They claim it is now fixed? Perhaps a small issue on the overall sim but shows up their attention to detail.

Yes, is that fixed, now a long time it's like this

and worked before..

This has been bothering me for ages now 🤔 and would be fine if this issue could be fixed with SU8 !!!

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, peppy197 said:

there are about 4 airborne airliners than crisscross the sky art intervals and at speeds that must be aroun 500 knots at low altitudes and higher 

Could be some beta multiplayer flight corps trying the hornet or any other fighter jet. In case your comment implies that AI traffic goes mad …

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 hours ago, DAD said:

did you apply the sound device hotfix?

yes but ....

it doesn't work in VR, as the VR headset takes it's sound from the default sound device, so after switching from default to the Realtek sound instead as recommended I get improved fps, up from 45 to 60 fps, but no sound in the VR headset (Samsung Odyssey) . I still can't understand how they could have missed this sound issue.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

So my impressions of SU 8beta after a day or so using it - still testing though so not a final view.

Installation: Easy to install - no problems there.

Performance:  DX11 - more or less the same. Still getting stutters on panning at times doing approach. Smooth otherwise. About 35-45 on ground at medium airports (e.g. LIPB Beautiful Model of the World version) 50-60FPS  in the air, except in some high clouds - as before.

Performance DX12: Surprisingly good compared to pre SU8. Lower FPS, but smooth. Graphics card shows lower usage than DX11 and stutters on panning much less. Not sure whether it is still visibly much different colour or texture wise from DX11.

Weather: Clouds are definitely improved, and bad weather is much more threatening, to be much more careful of. Turbulence in clouds better and more obvious. Much better reduction in visibility. More clouds generally and better structures esp in storms, but still few if any stratiform clouds. Transition between METAR areas and regional weather is smoother, didn't notice any abrupt changes so far. Difference between weather around airports and regional is still fairly obvious - fog around an airport fades out around 10 miles out.. then annoying fluffy fair weather clouds (might be accurate of course?) I still need to test further. Snow: same poor coverage and automatic frozen lakes - to be fair that wasn't a feature of this update but badly needed.

New prop models: tried Caravan and King Air so far - now without any mods. I am not missing the mods - handling (esp rudder and ailerons) definitely improved and seems more dynamic with my TM HOTAS Warthog. Probably needs some refinement but I don't have a reference for the numbers to compare so far. Be good if someone has here.

Mods: Most of my other mods seem to work OK - NXi, CJ4, G3000 - not GX though in the KA of course. Shift Z, Bijan seasons, and Islands, most airports - so long as you have latest versions post SU7... Orbx and all Marketplace products.

Overall: Really pleased I decided to join Beta so far. It is an appreciable improvement from SU7, albeit WIP of course. Apologies if I missed anything major.

My system: i7 11700k @5GHz, GTX1080 ti FTW @1934MHz running at 1440p, 32Gb 3Mhz RAM, running 2Tb SSD: NVme M.2

ray

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

How does the latest mods from Salty for 747-8 and B78XH for 787-10 be with SU8.

Do they work ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

Apologies if I missed anything major.

yes, the recommended switch of newly introduced selection of sound output device, from default to named device (Realtek), otherwise fps drop from 60 down to 45. for those running a VR headset, you may have to select the new USB 2.0 sound device which is selectable in the MSFS sound output options after starting the WMR app.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

17 minutes ago, turbomax said:

yes, the recommended switch of newly introduced selection of sound output device, from default to named device (Realtek), otherwise fps drop from 60 down to 45.

OK, I realised there was a problem very early on, looked on the forums and luckily someone astute had found the fix so I was able to resolve it.

The reason I did not include this is that this bug is everyone's experience with the beta, not just mine, and the solution has been well covered elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

New prop models: tried Caravan and King Air so far - now without any mods. I am not missing the mods - handling (esp rudder and ailerons) definitely improved and seems more dynamic with my TM HOTAS Warthog. Probably needs some refinement but I don't have a reference for the numbers to compare so far. Be good if someone has here.

I tried C152 and the new prop effect is terrible, it is a terrible strobe effect, very annoying.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

4 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

I tried C152 and the new prop effect is terrible, it is a terrible strobe effect, very annoying.

You talking about the animation or dynamics? 

2 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

You talking about the animation or dynamics? 

the animation, the strobe effect is terrible and is killing my eyes.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

4 hours ago, motishow said:

What about ia traffic departures? Are  fixed?

Can anybody confirm this, as they said it would be addressed with this update.

12 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

the animation, the strobe effect is terrible and is killing my eyes.

The default prop effect is terrible.  They could do with looking at this in a future update. 
There are some beautiful aircraft produced for MSFS, visibly stunning, then they tack this awful prop animation on to them that looks like it is from FS2000 (actually, the prop anim from that might be better).
Not exactly a 'next-gen' effect is it?  Still, we have propwash effects now.  :rolleyes:

I use the faded prop anims available as I cannot stand the flickering. 

https://flightsim.to/file/3412/10-propeller-mods-for-the-fs2020-standard-edition

There are others if you search for them.  Makes it tolerable at least.  Unfortunately, as good as the JustFlight PA-28 series is, this puts me off flying them, as I can't find a prop fix for them yet.

PS.  As much as people criticise Carenado, they seem to use their own prop effect which is much better.  Shame this can't be applied to the rest of the aircraft in the sim.  If they can do it, surely others can.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 hours ago, peppy197 said:

....at these large airports, there are about 4 airborne airliners than crisscross the sky art intervals and at speeds that must be aroun 500 knots at low altitudes and higher  .....   ODD indeed

Any chance you're running Aerosoft Simple Traffic Tools? They deny it's their problem and to tell the truth I've not investigated much, but I never saw these berserk Commercial airliners crisscrossing the skies at 200 feet while using AIG. And I spent a lot more time plane spotting when I had AIG installed.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Could someone post screenshots of the new marketplace functionalities? Joerg mentioned improvements to marketplace usability in the last dev Q&A.