Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Navmap alpha/development 2.7.10 released (update 3)

Posted (edited)

Greetings Alex - 2.7.8 is simply amazing.  LNM has always been a wonderful tool but this latest Alpha is stunning.

I have one question as a "wish list" - would it be possible to link to Navigraph in order to obtain the relevant Charts?  Or failing that, could there be a method of clicking to allow you to access PDF Charts in the PC?

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

On 3/29/2022 at 7:10 AM, Dane Watson said:

Greetings Alex - 2.7.8 is simply amazing.  LNM has always been a wonderful tool but this latest Alpha is stunning.

Thank you, Dane. Glad you like it.🙂

On 3/29/2022 at 7:10 AM, Dane Watson said:

I have one question as a "wish list" - would it be possible to link to Navigraph in order to obtain the relevant Charts?  Or failing that, could there be a method of clicking to allow you to access PDF Charts in the PC?

I can open something in the browser similar to the link to FlightAware.com in the airport information. For example https://de.flightaware.com/live/airport/KSEA

Do you have an example URL?

Alex

16 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thank you, Dane. Glad you like it.🙂

I can open something in the browser similar to the link to FlightAware.com in the airport information. For example https://de.flightaware.com/live/airport/KSEA

Do you have an example URL?

Alex

Thanks Alex for your prompt reply.  So the URL I have would be say to the Navigraph Charts Online - https://charts.navigraph.com/ - then the user would have to log in and access the charts online.

The other option I wondered about was simply accessing PDF or JPG image charts that the user would already have in their PC - like this example - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1JaBNyQCrtoYDUEy9

I guess what I am trying to get at is that it would be nice to compliment LNM with published charts that would pertain to the LNM flight route being planned

Regards, Dane

7 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Thanks Alex for your prompt reply.  So the URL I have would be say to the Navigraph Charts Online - https://charts.navigraph.com/ - then the user would have to log in and access the charts online.

The other option I wondered about was simply accessing PDF or JPG image charts that the user would already have in their PC - like this example - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1JaBNyQCrtoYDUEy9

I guess what I am trying to get at is that it would be nice to compliment LNM with published charts that would pertain to the LNM flight route being planned

I see that Navigraph has an programming interface which allows to access the charts. But it's a bit more complicated than just adding a link. I took note and will consider this for a future LNM version but not for the next one, sorry.

Alex

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

I see that Navigraph has an programming interface which allows to access the charts. But it's a bit more complicated than just adding a link. I took note and will consider this for a future LNM version but not for the next one, sorry.

Alex

Thank you Alex.  Appreciate the investigation for some day in the future.

Look forward to the next update.

Regards, Dane

Is there a way to use 2.7.8 as well as 2.6.17 (obviously not at the same time)?

I ask because I have been trying to do just that but having trouble in a few areas - (1) Holding Pattern not saved - (2) Multiexport settings not saved - (3) Aircraft Performance seems to give error message sometimes with same aircraft from 2.6.17 to 2.7.8 (at times no error message then at other times an error message)

Is there anything I can do in terms of files/folders to be able to have both versions working or should one either stick with one version or the other?

Regards, Dane

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

Is there a way to use 2.7.8 as well as 2.6.17 (obviously not at the same time)?

Yes. See post in this thread right here.

The issues with holding patterns and multi export can happen if you switch between the stable and alpha which use the same settings file.

But it should be saved in general. It's a bug if not.

The above approach gives a completely new installation including databases and all.

Alex

Edited by albar965
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, albar965 said:

Yes. See post in this thread right here.

The issues with holding patterns and multi export can happen if you switch between the stable and alpha which use the same settings file.

But it should be saved in general. It's a bug if not.

The above approach gives a completely new installation including databases and all.

OK Alex, there is success except for the Aircraft matching.

I followed the link you provided to create a separate installation for 2.7.8 and after ensuring all files were in order, the issue with Holding Pattern and Multiexport was resolved.

However there is still an issue with 2.7.8 agreeing to the aircraft models.  My example is a Cessna 152, see my examples in the links provided.  Version 2.6.17 agrees with the model but not 2.7.8.  The ICAO type code for model 152 is C152 but both versions do not like that 

Version 2.6.17:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/MWGhx9515rN7stNU7

Version 2.7.8:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/qLBecB4CHLZEbS7A9

Regards, Dane

4 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

However there is still an issue with 2.7.8 agreeing to the aircraft models.  My example is a Cessna 152, see my examples in the links provided.  Version 2.6.17 agrees with the model but not 2.7.8.  The ICAO type code for model 152 is C152 but both versions do not like that 

The type code 152 is not right. If you look here you'll see that the official type designator (called aircraft type in LNM) is "C152".

grafik.png

I added this checking because there are a lot of performance files where the type is not correct and will never match an aircraft.

An aircraft having a wrong type is a different story.🙃

Alex

4 hours ago, albar965 said:

The type code 152 is not right. If you look here you'll see that the official type designator (called aircraft type in LNM) is "C152".

grafik.png

I added this checking because there are a lot of performance files where the type is not correct and will never match an aircraft.

Greetings Alex, I did exactly what you have shown, the result are as follows - If MSFS is NOT started the Aircraft Performance does NOT give an error.  However, when MSFS is started and the aircraft loaded, then the Aircraft Performance gives an error.

Regards, Dane

4 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

If MSFS is NOT started the Aircraft Performance does NOT give an error. 

This is ok. LNM needs the sim aircraft to compare.

4 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

However, when MSFS is started and the aircraft loaded, then the Aircraft Performance gives an error.

Most likely the sim aircraft uses the wrong designator. I'll check if the stock aircraft are ok.

Alex

• Like 1

Hello,

overall the new version is very nice! thx!

One little thing, maybe it is a special setting?
When I click at an airport to make it my departure I always have now to select the runway I'd like to takeoff also.

Could this be made optional, please?

I like the "old" style where I simply choose that airport without forcing me to decide which runway I use.

many thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, Hifi, Simstarter, AivlaSoft, LORBY 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, guenseli said:

One little thing, maybe it is a special setting?
When I click at an airport to make it my departure I always have now to select the runway I'd like to takeoff also.

Could this be made optional, please?

I like the "old" style where I simply choose that airport without forcing me to decide which runway I use.

The old style is still there. You can select "Set Airport as Departure" without a runway or "Select Runway and use Airport as Departure" with a runway selection. All present in map and airport search context menus.

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

The old style is still there. You can select "Set Airport as Departure" without a runway or "Select Runway and use Airport as Departure" with a runway selection. All present in map and airport search context menus.

Ah sorry, yes.

Its right below ... damned I haven't seen that. new glasses probably ...

sorry and thank you! 🤣🙄

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, Hifi, Simstarter, AivlaSoft, LORBY