Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

Showing some love for P3D users with a new major GSX update

Amazing.... you and your team are artists.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

New updater 😀

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

This is great. Thank you for still supporting this great product and P3d users! GSX and active sky have been the two constants in my sim since 2014. Pretty remarkable! 

• Like 1

Orman

I have run the FSDT updater a couple of times but it seems to close out in the middle. This last time it closed out at around 16 of 35 updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

What am I missing. I just ran the live update program. Same one I always run and it updates. New installer?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

40 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I have run the FSDT updater a couple of times but it seems to close out in the middle. This last time it closed out at around 16 of 35 updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

In order to see all 35 steps, you need to have *everything* from FSDT installed. So, unless that's your case, it's normal it didn't do all the steps, and it's also normal the program closed, because there was nothing else left to do.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

Very nice update, thank you for not discarding p3d.

Sergio Naiberg

58 minutes ago, micstatic said:

What am I missing. I just ran the live update program. Same one I always run and it updates. New installer?

The updater surely is not the same anymore. At least, it looks quite different.

And, it's ALSO an installer, but to run it as an installer, you need to start it with a specific command line argument ( /INSTALLMODE, if you are a command line geek).

This is done automatically by the new "FSDT Installer" icon that will be placed on the Desktop, which will start the updater in installer mode but, to see this, you must run its separate installer, called "FSDT Universal Installer", with a link posted on FSDT forum.

We'll release it more officially in the next days but, in fact, we have been testing it for a while, and we sent it to several MSFS users who lost their installer and contacted support to get a new download link.

Because, the main feature of the new Updater ( again, it's the *SINGLE* program that can run in both "updater" and "installer" mode ), is that it allows to reinstall a product from scratch, not just update something that was already installed.

This was really required for MSFS, because since in MSFS we don't have a free Trial, our installers were hosted by Digital River, which has a fairly bad redownload policy ( their links last 30 days, unless you buy a Download Protection, which will lapse after 2 years anyway ).

Obviously, nobody who lost his installer was ever left unsupported, and we always provided with an alternate way of getting it but, with this new Installer, it will be way easier and won't require to contact us anymore. And, is also able to manage Activation, Deactivation, reading the manuals, reading the news, Link/Unlink MSFS packages in the Community folder, helping retrieving lost keys, etc.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, virtuali said:

In order to see all 35 steps, you need to have *everything* from FSDT installed. So, unless that's your case, it's normal it didn't do all the steps, and it's also normal the program closed closed, because there was nothing else left to do.

Thanks Umberto!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Love the support FSDT are giving their customers. I own nearly every product they have released, and I have been able to use some of them for years and years with compatibility updates usually released the moment a new sim or sim update is released. Getting additional features such as this one is fantastic and greatly appreciated. Exemplary support!

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Amazing addon.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

GSX completes the flight experience from start to finish.

Rob

'tis never complete till there's a tow (forward) function ..... how this current release enthuses so many is beyond me (if you can make paxs walk to the rear steps, surely one can tow the aircraft)

not impressed 🤨

for now, cheers

john martin