Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

FsimStudios Toronto City and Victoria

Looks incredible.  Especially for the Q400 lover like myself.  FSimStudios has been one of those developers that have upped their game significantly and also continue to support p3d.  So let's support them.  

ANNOUNCING FSIMSTUDIOS CYTZ PREMIUM – TORONTO BILLY BISHOP AIRPORT
We have been working hard on a secret project and we’re ready to announce that this project is Toronto Billy Bishop Airport (CYTZ). This rendition of Billy Bishop is going to be ultra-detailed and be part of our new premium line of products. Billy Bishop was our first Canadian product ever made, back in 2015, and it is also our personal favorite airport in Canada. It’s time to take this Canadian favorite to a new level of quality and realism.
CYTZ is the first product in our new line of “Premium” products. Premium products are far superior in quality than our average products and include many more features, details, and landmarks compared to our "regular" FSimStudios products. Expectations for any Premium product would be ultra-sharp textures, amazing level of detail and accuracy, fully modeled interiors (In fact, over half of all buildings at CYTZ have detailed interiors modeled), landmarks beyond the airport (yes - this means we are also including Downtown Toronto. On the initial release we are only including the most iconic buildings, but including more on every future update) and more.
We are also happy to announce that Toronto is not our only Premium product in development. As all of you know, Calgary has been in development for a while, and we have decided that Calgary deserves to be a Premium product as well (Featuring detailed interiors + Downtown Calgary). Finally, we are announcing that our 3rd Premium product scheduled for this year is Victoria International Airport CYYJ + Victoria Harbour, in collaboration with Canada4XP/CanadianFlightSimStudios.
Release of CYTZ for Microsoft Flight Simulator will be within the next two weeks, followed shortly thereafter by Prepar3D.
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I feel a little silly having bought Skyline Sim's CYTZ (albeit on sale) recently. Would happily have waited for this instead.

I am keenly awaiting CYYC v2. Their v1 no longer plays nicely in my sim and it's been a long wait since it was first announced.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I have done the same.  i bought Fsims 1st YTZ thinking it would work in v5.  Then simaddons.  Which works fine, just very dated on textures.  Picked up skyline a few weeks ago.  But will still buy.  Right now I'm running a hybrid.  

Airport is skyline and the city scenery is SimAddons.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I had secretly been hoping for that. Day one purchase for me. In fact I'd grab it the moment it is relased. YTZ is the place to fly into with the Q400.

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 2

I purchased the entire P3D Canada Pack from SimAddons last year, which I do like a lot (especially considering the price per airport). However, if I want replace a couple of those airports with the FSim version, is there a way to uninstall just those particular SimAddons airports? I would consider getting the FSim version of Billy Bishop and Calgary.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

51 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I purchased the entire P3D Canada Pack from SimAddons last year, which I do like a lot (especially considering the price per airport). However, if I want replace a couple of those airports with the FSim version, is there a way to uninstall just those particular SimAddons airports? I would consider getting the FSim version of Billy Bishop and Calgary.

Cheers, Pete

No need to uninstall the SimAddons...just need to place the Fsim versions as a higher priority in the Scenery Library. (I have both the updated Kelowna and Edmonton with no issues...although, I do miss the sloped runways of SimAddons.)

Victoria would be very welcomed...for me, the Don Grovestine version no longer works in P3D v5.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Is anyone working on CYYZ and CYUL for MSFS ?

Might be a better question for the FT forum...or the appropriate MSFS forum. 🙂

59 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

Yes.  YTZ can be done with the config program from the scenery.  Everything else you can email the developer (Ralph) and he will give you a list of which files need to be turned off (Saved as .off).  

8 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Is anyone working on CYYZ and CYUL for MSFS ?

YYZ is confirmed.  I haven't heard anything about msfs.  Curious also

6 minutes ago, rmeier said:

No need to uninstall the SimAddons...just need to place the Fsim versions as a higher priority in the Scenery Library. (I have both the updated Kelowna and Edmonton with no issues...although, I do miss the sloped runways of SimAddons.)

Victoria would be very welcomed...for me, the Don Grovestine version no longer works in P3D v5.

My only concern doing this would be the sim is using resources loading two different scenery's even if you only see 1.  Performance issues maybe could happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

The sloped runways are definitely a cool feature of SimAddons, along with Ralph’s fantastic support.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, rmeier said:

Might be a better question for the FT forum...or the appropriate MSFS forum. 🙂

I wasn't specifically asking if they were doing, just if anyone was making these airports.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

CYYC and CYYJ will be instant buys for me (P3D, that is).

• Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Mark, sounds like FT will be doing CYYZ v2. How soon who knows....

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3