Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

Will They Ever Fix The Save Game?

The only time I have suffered CTD's in this game is on reloading a previously saved flight. 

Will they ever fix it? dunno but some of the many bugs, glitches and dysfunctional features in this game will probably never get fixed. Fingers crossed for this bug/dysfunctional feature though, it's an important one IMO

Edited by GaryK
Clarity
  • Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs

6 hours ago, GaryK said:

The only time I have suffered CTD's in this game is on reloading a previously saved flight. 

Will they ever fix it?

Absolutely they will fix it--in due time.  They have other fish to fry is all.  If anything it has become apparent to me that building the complete flight sim is vastly harder than it might appear.  I believe the next 1-2y, barring WW3 of course, will bring a slew of fabulous improvements in this flight sim.

Noel

System:  9900K@4.9Ghz@1.185v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, 30 frames vSync to 60Hz.

Since I just CTD's with the salty 747 on short final after a long haul from EDDF to SBGR, and I did save a lot during that flight, both automatically and manually through FSUIPC, I would say, yes, this is one of the most important features, especially with complex jets. Worked almost flawless with the FSLabs or any PMDG plane in P3D and saved my word not allowed there dozens of times! It seems the focus is still mostly on the needs of GA pilots - but with the advent of jets in MSFS, long haul flights lasting many potentially hours will get more important, and anyone having had a sim crash late in such a flight knows, not having a savepoint then is a no go for even trying that same flight again.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, jrw4 said:

There are several discussions in these forums on how to minimize the loading times, especially if they are due to the presence of many add-ons in the Community folder. Someone did an informal poll and the median time was around 3-5 minutes if memory serves correctly. If yours are much longer, use of the Addon Linker software may help a lot.

I just keep program at Main Menu when I leave off flying.  Seems to be OK.

Dave Hinson

David Hinson

13 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I just keep program at Main Menu when I leave off flying.  Seems to be OK

That would certainly reduce the startup time, but on my system at least, the CPU and GPU loads while MSFS is on the main menu are surprisingly high. That would run through the KWh pretty quickly.......

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM ZNY C1/PILOT P2

ngnj3g-2.png