Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Shimmering

Hi,is there anyone out there who knows how to get rid of texture shimmering. The shimmering occurs even with autogen off. The ground textures shimmers just as much as trees and buildings.Info:VistaFSXPhoto-Based Add-on Scenery UpdateSP1 (wow!)nVidia 6800 GT w/latest official driver

>Hi,>>is there anyone out there who knows how to get rid of texture>shimmering. The shimmering occurs even with autogen off. The>ground textures shimmers just as much as trees and buildings.>>FSX>Photo-Based Add-on Scenery Update>SP1 (wow!)>nVidia 6800 GT w/latest official driver>

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Hello,Try adding the following line to your FSX config file, add this section in two places in your config. You can play with the number until you find what you like.add square bracket add square bracketMipBias=4andadd square bracket add square bracketMipBias=4

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I had no shimmering or this effect whatsoever. But I put the MipBias=X in my config and it actually created the shimmering effect no matter the number. So IF you have it in your config.. take it out and see it that helps.BTW I have an ATI x850XT and run the latest catalyst drivers.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>Hi,>>is there anyone out there who knows how to get rid of texture>shimmering. The shimmering occurs even with autogen off. The>ground textures shimmers just as much as trees and buildings.>>Info:>Vista>FSX>Photo-Based Add-on Scenery Update>SP1 (wow!)>nVidia 6800 GT w/latest official driver>

André

Thanks, Mike. I've spent hours trying to find a fix for this, without success. Your tip cures the problem for me (Nvidia 7600GS card), so I now have very good visuals in FSX.Dugald

Thanks Mike, Tim and Andr

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

I've given up tweaking the fsx.cfg, no matter what I do it doesn't make any difference to me, I'm beginning to think that file finally is fine as is (default SP1). :-jumpy My shimmering is gone by nVidia control panel settings instead. Unfortunately it is in norwegian, so the below settings are what I THINK it's called in english:AF: Defined by applicationAA transparency (the fence thing): MultisamplingAA: 8xSForce MIP rendering: NoneTexture filtering (Anisotopic MIP filteroptimisation (?)): OffTexture filtering (Anisotopic texturesampleoptimisation (??)): OffTexture Quality: QualityTexture filtering negative detail level (LOD): LockTexture Threelined optimasation: OnTripple buffeting: OnExpantion Limit (???): OnVertical Sync: Use 3D applicationInside FSAA: OffFiltering: AnisotropicPhew! this was more difficult than I thought, and I have no clue if I

Hi EagleAgreed .. since my last post, I kept on looking into the problem and the best result achieved is thru nVidia control panel - at least for the 6800 card in my opinion. So, I have also given up on fsx.CFG tweaking.As a matter of interest which driver are you using ?. I am using the 93.71 version.Once again, thanks to the other members for advice.Kind regardsRobertEDIT : BTW : you did excellent with the translation :)

>Hi Eagle>>Agreed .. since my last post, I kept on looking into the>problem and the best result achieved is thru nVidia control>panel - at least for the 6800 card in my opinion. So, I have>also given up on fsx.CFG tweaking.>>As a matter of interest which driver are you using ?. I am>using the 93.71 version.>>Once again, thanks to the other members for advice.>>Kind regards>Robert>>EDIT : BTW : you did excellent with the translation :) Guys almost never use AA in FS or FSX for that matter always via the hardware that is indeed via the Nvidia control panel...Glad you guys founded a solution I was never satisfied with mine 6800GT bad shimmering :(CheersAndr

André