Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

VR Issue P3D

Hello everyone;

Recently I've gone back to flying airliners in P3D. I've read the setup suggestions and have applied them. However, I'm not getting the results I hoped for... Except I am! Let me explain.

When P3D is NOT the main window highlighted (IE when the top bar is white), my VR frames are amazing. When P3D is my main window, the frames are very choppy. I had this issue before and tried to search to find the cause, but was unable to find it. Does anyone have a fix or have encountered this problem as well?

For reference

i9900k OC to 4.7

Reverb G1 (Using Windows Mixed Reality, fpsVR beta, with SteamVR)

Nvidia 2080ti

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Did you try running P3D in full screen rather than windowed mode? Also, make sure the input is being directed at the headset (WMR bar on top of the screen). If it's not (no bar), frames tend to be lower for me. I'm saying this because if running P3D in windowed mode, you wouldn't see the top of the P3D window since it would be under the WMR bar. When running P3D in full screen mode, make sure to disable full screen optimization by selecting the option by right-clicking on the P3D application and then opening the compatibility tab.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hello @threegreen

I did a search and tested solutions I was able to find:

Turn hardware accelerated gpu off

Game mode off

Full screen optimization off

The above worked. Now I have to find out to how to stop SteamVR or Windows Mixed Reality (not sure which) from closing P3D after I disable VR for cruise.

Thank you for the help!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SKEWR said:

The above worked. Now I have to find out to how to stop SteamVR or Windows Mixed Reality (not sure which) from closing P3D after I disable VR for cruise.

How are you disabling VR? If you just turn VR off via the internal P3D menu this shouldn't happen. If you close SteamVR P3D will close.

6 hours ago, andreh said:

How are you disabling VR? If you just turn VR off via the internal P3D menu this shouldn't happen. If you close SteamVR P3D will close.

I disable VR in the P3D menu. I was testing a flight from VRMM to OMDB. I disabled VR and placed the headset down. One of the programs went idle (I'm guessing) and closed P3D.

20 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Hello everyone;

Recently I've gone back to flying airliners in P3D. I've read the setup suggestions and have applied them. However, I'm not getting the results I hoped for... Except I am! Let me explain.

When P3D is NOT the main window highlighted (IE when the top bar is white), my VR frames are amazing. When P3D is my main window, the frames are very choppy. I had this issue before and tried to search to find the cause, but was unable to find it. Does anyone have a fix or have encountered this problem as well?

For reference

i9900k OC to 4.7

Reverb G1 (Using Windows Mixed Reality, fpsVR beta, with SteamVR)

Nvidia 2080ti

Please do report this at LM forum. I am a LM beta Tester and have reported this several times. I have exact the same issues. 

Also the following:

Clear skies is more stuttery then cloudy skies with ea on

Mouse cursor in P3D Windows mode is frametime expensive

And your described issue....very present at my end too

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. 

Regards 

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

I disable VR in the P3D menu. I was testing a flight from VRMM to OMDB. I disabled VR and placed the headset down. One of the programs went idle (I'm guessing) and closed P3D.

Immediately after putting the headset down or some time after? If the headset goes into sleep mode it won't connect to P3D again and I have to restart P3D. It doesn't crash the sim for me but maybe that's what happens on your end.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

Immediately after putting the headset down or some time after? If the headset goes into sleep mode it won't connect to P3D again and I have to restart P3D. It doesn't crash the sim for me but maybe that's what happens on your end.

Hello @threegreen

Some time after was the case. I did some more research and I disabled the option in WMR that started SteamVR with Windows Mixed Reality. The next thing I did was a google search on VR headset timing out in Win11 and there is automatic RegEdit fix. I tried the same flight today and was able to put the headset down without a crash as well as disable/enable VR from the P3D menu without closing P3D.

@mpo910

When I get home I will post the info to LM forums. I saw a few people had already done so, but there were no replies.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:26 AM, SKEWR said:

When I get home I will post the info to LM forums. I saw a few people had already done so, but there were no replies.

That's a good decision. I have pistedy findings in a beta tester session. You can be sure LM reads the posts even without replying. Their time is very limited and the devs pick it up for sure. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png