Sign in to follow this  
regis9

What nVidia Drivers Is Everyone Using?

Thanks everyone.  I do have some stuff in the community folder though it’s primarily payware scenery/planes and a few other mods that I’ve been using for a while without issues.  If it comes down to it though I’ll empty it out and try to trouble shoot that way.    I went through it last night trying to find a mod that was recently installed and that would have a global impact but couldn’t find anything.

Also thinking about drivers it occurred to me that the last game ready driver I downloaded was likely when Far Cry 6 was released (that’s the last AAA game I bought) so I should be able to cross reference some dates and see what driver that is.  I think it was in the 497.xx series so that’s good to see others have had luck with that range.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I used to update with every driver release but decided that considering I have an older card (GTX980 Ti) I am probably wasting my time as most new drivers are tweaking the latest GPU firmware and features, not a several years old card. The only time to justify an update in my case is if you have a game or other software that requires a later driver.

I am running on 471.11 and the sim is rock solid. I will not be updating that unless I have a very clear reason to.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Latest one seems fine. I just wish, after bothering to constantly update, I could notice even the slightest difference.

• Upvote 1

As frequently as drivers get updated it would surely be nice if every couple of months NVidia could reward us faithful users with a version optimized for MSFS!

• Like 2

Installed this morning. 551.79   RTX 2060
Runs without problems. 

64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor,AMD Ryzen7 5800X 8 Kernprozessor 3,8GHz  64GB RAM  NVIDIA GFORCE 2060 16GB

2mal 500GB SSD 2mal 1000GB SSD

472.88   works great!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

With the latest drivers (5XX.XX) i had the problem, that one monitor showed the false resolution...not able to change it in any way.

I am running Nvidia Game Ready Driver 472.12 for my multi monitor setup.

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

6 hours ago, billgustaf said:

As frequently as drivers get updated it would surely be nice if every couple of months NVidia could reward us faithful users with a version optimized for MSFS!

They did some time back but they cannot make a GPU work outside it`s limits.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

460.79.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks everyone.  I do have some 

Also thinking about drivers it occurred to me that the last game ready driver I downloaded was likely when Far Cry 6 was released (that’s the last AAA game I bought) so I should be able to cross reference some dates and see what driver that is.  I think it was in the 497.xx series so that’s good to see others have had luck with that range.

Not at my pc but I think if you open the nvidia control panel. Then select help and then system information, it will list the driver version installed. I think that's what you are asking.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

Thanks, that will give me the current driver version but not a history of previous drivers.  I think I've narrowed it down to 472.12 so I'm going to install that and give it a go.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

How about looking in the c:\nvidia folder isn't the previous versions in there?

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

I do a clean install each time which unfortunately means it deletes any trace of the old drivers, including that nvidia folder.

I installed 472.12 and thought I had success as I was able to complete my short test flight I've been using (KSRQ-KCLW) but then after landing and parking I had a CTD so I'm going to conclude the driver was in fact not the issue.  I guess that's one bit of troubleshooting out of the way at least.

Given the CTDs started around the time I got my Reverb G2 VR headset I'm going to try unplugging the headset when I'm flying in 2D to see if that helps.  I haven't had a VR CTD yet.  Failing that it's off to empty the Community folder, then I guess take up knitting or some other new hobby lol.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Dave

457.51 and its running just fine.  As someone said - if it ain't broke - don't fix it!!

GTX 1070

Edited by Millingp