Sign in to follow this  
Bdub22

Aerosoft Considering Future Airbuses for MSFS

It would make more sense for Aerosoft or any other developer to do some polling before embarking on a long, complex aircraft project. I suspect that young developers may not even know that many of us are older and very fond of older, vintage aircrafts like the 707/727  etc.

tc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eaim1973 said:

Mathijs is a person who is a bit of an acquired taste, yes he can be abrupt and to the point. While he can appear heartless and harsh on others where he doesn't quite understand their point of view, he certainly sometimes jumps in with both feet. He's a very busy man with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but there has been plenty of times where he has been very kind, helpful and thoughtful to people needs. He's German thus hardworking and very efficient with his time which might be part of the reason why he's sometimes direct, some people dislike him, I like him and respect him for what he and his team has done for our community over the years.

I know plenty of germans, and I would not attribute that to the reason why many dislike him. There are plenty of people with weight on their shoulders that still manage to be polite and considerate to others. Perhaps if you blow him lots of kisses he might give you a little handout, but that's not what I personally experienced. I always think four times before bying anything from Aerosoft these days. Before I would think most of their products were quite ok. I no longer think that, and I am actually just glad to be rid of rubbish companies that screw their customers over. If that's what it takes. If they are able to learn and change their waves, then there is redeption also for them. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

11 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

How can they make an airbus when the Twotter was sooooo advanced they couldn't animate trims.....#ConfusedLoL

Pretty Much this....

I'd rather just use the stock Airbus with a decent mod for now...!

I have no idea why anyone would waste money on any tubliners from them when they have shown where their priorities lye and we have so many better options like Fenix!

Chris Camp

I wouldn't be surprised if its another a320

He's looking for a product that can be put on both the xbox and the pc. Which the FBW and Fenix aren't going to be on and hes already poo pooed the A350 for lack of tables.

Does the aircraft have to be airbus ? A decent 757 767 could work. I haven't seen a developer claim those two types as yet.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

I don't understand the market they are going for other than their A320 will be more visible (available on Xbox and in MS store).
There's a much more complex, feature-rich A320 on the way from Fenix that *a lot* of flight simmers are interested in, then there's a good freeware A32N from FBW. 

An Aerosoft A320 is neither going to be detailed enough for anyone used to FSLabs, FlightFactor or ToLiss Airbuses, nor as cheap as the FBW to compete on price.

I think Aerosoft has made it abundantly clear they are targeting the Xbox audience with casual AC slightly better than stock...

That's why I'm staying clear away from Aerosoft on PC for now!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Chris Camp

I'm surprised that the A380 is a plane they consider to not have much a market. It's the largest plane in the world, flown by the world's most iconic airlines. And there has never been a good A380 on any desktop flight simulation platform, strangely. How is there not a market for this? I hope inibuilds if they come through with the A380 are successful because they deserve it!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flyforever said:

It would make more sense for Aerosoft or any other developer to do some polling before embarking on a long, complex aircraft project. I suspect that young developers may not even know that many of us are older and very fond of older, vintage aircrafts like the 707/727  etc.

tc

Agree. The same problem seems to pertain over in Train Sim World where the lion's share of content is modern "plastic" trains, at least for countries like Germany.

But most of my real flying as a passenger has been done on classic airliners (between 1982 and 2005) and it's those I've gone for in previous sims such as FS9 and FSX. DC10 probably my favourite, real irony that Asobo put one in the game but only as a static object!

9 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

I'm surprised that the A380 is a plane they consider to not have much a market. It's the largest plane in the world, flown by the world's most iconic airlines. And there has never been a good A380 on any desktop flight simulation platform, strangely. How is there not a market for this? I hope inibuilds if they come through with the A380 are successful because they deserve it!

Have you missed that FBW are already developing the A380 ? and it’ll be free.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, SierraDelta said:

Have you missed that FBW are already developing the A380 ? and it’ll be free.

Now that is the best news I've had all year!

Personally, I'd love to see an Airbus A340-600, which is the best looking of all Airbus aircraft in my view.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

51 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I wouldn't be surprised if its another a320

He's looking for a product that can be put on both the xbox and the pc. Which the FBW and Fenix aren't going to be on and hes already poo pooed the A350 for lack of tables.

Does the aircraft have to be airbus ? A decent 757 767 could work. I haven't seen a developer claim those two types as yet.

PMDG have hinted a 757 😉

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

17 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Personally, I'd love to see an Airbus A340-600, which is the best looking of all Airbus aircraft in my view.

I couldn't agree more. That is one gorgeous plane and at one time, the longest in the world. I think a well done A340-600 would sell like hot cakes. 

• Like 1

When I was using XP11 there were Flight Factor, Toliss and Jar Design all made Airbus. Despite some differences in illumination depth  they were coexisting pretty good! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Here's the link: 

https://fselite.net/content/aerosoft-considering-future-airbus-for-msfs/
(THE LINK TO THE ACTUAL FORUM POST IS IN THE ARTICLE)

I was surprised by this move. Personally, I found his take on the market to be a little weird and how he thinks study level airplanes won't sell that well. Also, we really don't need another A320. I would like to see them add more features to the CRJ and Twotter before they even consider anything else. 

They won't get any money from me until the Twin Otter is up to standard.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Nobody flies an A380 short hops. And I think most simming even tube liners is short hop. Long flights at 30K'+ is pretty boring, I think this is not just my opinion. I know some strongly disagree, but I think I speak about the majority.

Personally I have only done 3-4 flights across the Atlantic in the sim and those were in the DC6 and small GA planes, hopping at max range Greenland Iceland Scotland.  They were more fun than the 747 for 6 hrs with nothing to do.

I also think Xbox is where most sales will come from in the future, so it makes sense to build a decent A320 that is Xbox marketplace plane with more features than the standard. I bet they will sell a lot of them. 320's are perfect for CityHopping.

Back in Xplane I flew the Toliss and the FF Ultimate  when I wanted tube line type flying. They are complex enough to be fun. Not exact trainers for the real thing. But lets face it none of us (or maybe a few) will ever pilot a real tube. This is just a pretend game after all, just like Xplane etc.. Once again I know some will disagree, and this is just my opinion. 

In my opinion it is all good and it looks like an exiting FS2020 year ahead. I think AS is very successful and will continue to be, they are pretty good at business and know their customers. I do believe the Marketplace and Xbox will have the biggest revenue for developers. 

😎

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager