Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

TFDi MD-11 Pricing Announced (Base $89.99)

TFDi have posted on their website the expected pricing for their upcoming MD-11:

• Base Pack (which is either the pax or the freighter version, your choice): $89.99 USD
  • Expansion (the other one): $14.99 USD
  • Extended Simulation Package (operational failures, custom failures, partial circuit breaker functionality): $14.99 USD
  • Overall package therefore is $119.97 USD

There is no specific remark on whether this is for MSFS, P3D, or both. Since no distinction is being made between sim versions and their plan apparently is to release both versions simultaneously, I would personally assume there might be no price distinction between MSFS and P3D. In this case the price appears to be out of the expected 'norm' for complex MSFS airliners with no reduction from typical P3D prices so I opted to post this here in the MSFS forum as it seems to be the more interesting point of discussion since that's where lower prices are expected by the community. For comparison, their 717 for P3D is $59.99 USD.

There is nothing on their Discord server so far.

https://tfdidesign.com/md11.php

Edited by threegreen
Added link.
  • Like 8

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

What? When? This is first I have heard about an MD11 for MSFS?

26 minutes ago, threegreen said:

TFDi have posted on their website the expected pricing for their upcoming MD-11:

Thanks for the update.

A $30 jump over the price of the 717 for the MD-11 base model feels a bit punchy. Especially as there's a further $30 to pay for the variant expansion and extra simulation packs to complete the set.
I'll wait for the reviews to see if I want to go for it.

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Introducing the MD-11

With refined processes and technologies, we have embarked on the journey of creating an MD-11 simulation even the most experienced enthusiasts and pilots will enjoy.

Simulation Support

As of now, we intend to natively support the following simulators from release:

• Prepar3D Version 4
  • Prepar3D Version 5
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS)
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

31 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

https://tfdidesign.com/md11.php

There is no ETA or anything like that so far and it's still fully in development.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hurry Up TFDI!

We're starved for big jet entertainment out here!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I think TDFi announced an MD 11 for MSFS sometime in the second half of last year.  I can't remember the exact date TDFi announced it, but there should be a topic about this in the MSFS forum here in Avsim from last year.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, F737NG said:

A $30 jump over the price of the 717 for the MD-11 base model feels a bit punchy. Especially as there's a further $30 to pay for the variant expansion and extra simulation packs to complete the set.
I'll wait for the reviews to see if I want to go for it.

The MD-11 is supposed to be far more complex than the 717, so I see a price increase as justified. From the looks of it it's going to be much closer to the high end aircraft, perhaps even on one level. Given the market situation around MSFS however I would have expected lower pricing. One might say they're keeping prices identical to avoid scaring off P3D customers if the P3D version was a lot more expensive and that it would have been even more expensive if it was P3D only, but it seems they're going to go with typical P3D pricing for MSFS.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The MD-11 is supposed to be far more complex than the 717, so I see a price increase as justified. From the looks of it it's going to be much closer to the high end aircraft, perhaps even on one level. Given the market situation around MSFS however I would have expected lower pricing. One might say they're keeping prices identical to avoid scaring off P3D customers if the P3D version was a lot more expensive and that it would have been even more expensive if it was P3D only, but it seems they're going to go with typical P3D pricing for MSFS.

The pricing seems OK-ish seeing as the MD-11 is kind of a niche aircraft now. It'll be a definite buy for me as I love cargo aircraft. It should also make development for the 717 easier as it uses a lot of the same auto flight and control systems. I'm very excited for this bird! 

Former Child, Current Adult

Pretty bold pricing for the base pack, it will be interesting to see how it compares to pricing from PMDG and Fenix.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Pretty bold pricing for the base pack, it will be interesting to see how it compares to pricing from PMDG and Fenix.

I agree, that's more the price I would see for both version

Looking forward to it, but the pricing does seem a bit much!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

The term "milking the cow" comes to mind in regards to the fact that you dont get both the pax or the cargo variant when you purchase at full price. However, I cant see any indications for its imminent release, so there is hopefully still time for them to adjust to a more palateable price. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I think TDFi announced an MD 11 for MSFS sometime in the second half of last year.  I can't remember the exact date TDFi announced it, but there should be a topic about this in the MSFS forum here in Avsim from last year.

Actually it was late 2020 they showcased it at Flightsim Expo last year.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, regis9 said:

People will buy it (true simmers) because it is something different than an A320 or a B737. It will come out for P3D also so you know those users are wanting new aircraft.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

I'm just going to say, if the cost of the support team for TDFi does not increase dramatically from a price of $90 USD down to a price of $60 USD, TDFi may not be maximizing their profit if the base price is $89.99 (the demand curve for aircraft in flight simulators is probably a convex curve, so the number of units sold is probably not linear as the price drops). 

I do understand that because TDFi is releasing this simultaneously for P3D and MSFS, they may want to appear consistent with their pricing, so they are pricing the MD 11 the same for both P3D and MSFS. 

Also, while I understand TDFi is releasing this MD 11 for both P3D and MSFS at the same time, TDFi shouldn't be pricing this based on the sales of the MD 11 for P3D.  P3D sales of the MD 11 will probably be a very small fraction of the MSFS sales.  So hopefully, TDFi is pricing the MD 11 to maximize their profit with MSFS sales, not P3D sales.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM